Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

bartok posted:

How Did this Get Made annoys the gently caress out of me. The sad thing is I loved Paul Scheer in Human Giant and The League but gently caress him when it comes to HDTGM.

Lol then don't listen to it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I could listen to Jason Mantzoukas talk for hours so I have no problem with someone saying its their favorite podcast. I love it and unlike the other podcasts in this thread, it has perspectives that aren't just a bunch of nerdy white guys in a circle jerk. Its a great show with a good enery and actual thought. If it's not for you, I mean that's fine, i'm sure your personal problems are pretty serious.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

According To Jim was on for like 7 years. It wasn't funny or good but it obviously had some value to (dumb) people.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Dr. Lariat posted:

This has been one of my biggest gripes with podcasting in general, though it may just be a bit of saltiness on my part. It's a medium that anyone with a mic and a computer can get into, yet unless you are already an established name from the entertainment world good luck getting anyone to talk about your work ever.

Here is my two step guide to a successful podcast.

1. Get a computer and mic and twitter account.

2. Have a built in following from a prior entertainment gig.

What you weren't in the groundlings or on SNL? Too bad, better luck next time.

Edit: Is "people aren't enjoying these terrible movies on a show made to make fun of terrible movies" seriously a complaint I just read?

Or maybe those podcasts are successful because they actually have funny, talented people on them.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Nothing's better than Jason's "...AND JERK OFF!!!!!!" sleazeball.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The more people complain about Jason Mantzoukas, the less faith I have in humanity.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same. I go back to that movie all the time.

Hudson Hawk is not a good movie.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

I'm a Flophouse man. None of the other podcasts feature the majesty of "Send that Fuckface back to Krypton".

ELLIOT: I'm imagining a cut of that movie where it's Stewart instead of General Zod on the TVs, saying "Send that Fuckface back to Krypton", then the movie continues as normal.

None of those podcasts have Jason Mantzoukas

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but they're right on the nose with their Matthew Broderick observations.

Sucks out his life essence, indeed. Holy poo poo what a sad-looking guy.

Elijah Wood looks good though.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Has Belushi ever been good in a movie? Not IN a good movie, but actually giving a good performance.

gently caress you, K-9

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

RagingBoner posted:

Kinda ho-hum WHM this week compared to the poo poo show last week. Gary Busey impersonations abound, which is always good for a chuckle.

But next week? Oh next week...

I think they're doing Dreamcatcher.

you empty em dream catchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Am I the only person that thought the "Dookie" guy sounded like Will Forte?