Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Mogambo posted:

Everyone who likes bad movies really owes it to themselves to watch suffer through Foodfight! at least once. The podcast doesn't even come close to doing justice at how ugly and poorly-animated it is. I'm sad they didn't even once mention that disgusting turd-weasel thing. :barf:

It's an amazing episode, and I thing everyone really should watch the trailer and clips on youtube first to get a feel for the awfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Vakal posted:

We Hate Movies has been on fire lately with their movie picks. Maniac Cop 3, Godzilla, and now Steel today. Great stuff.

How Did This Get Made? on the other hand has been very disappointing the last couple of months. Joyful Noise was a complete waste

I've tried a half dozen times to get through that episode, it's just terrible and boring. It really hurts them that they don't provide even the briefest of plot recaps. For older movies that's fine, but for new stuff it's easy to get lost. I agree, WHM has been amazing lately. #BringBackTheNoid.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

weekly font posted:

Yeah, It's That Bad is done. Not that anyone with good taste cares.

While it was my least favorite of the bunch, I'll still be sad to see it go. The guys really enjoyed doing it and it was always a fun listen. I don't know why they're being so SUPER SECRET SERIOUS about their reasons for quitting though... it's apparently a "personal legal issue" but they're not getting sued.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

So sad about that. Just updated and the name is now Dead Air. Anyone got the just of what they said on the show because the latest was taken down and is now unavailable.

Friend the podcast on Facebook, there a big discussion thread and they've posted links to the saved file. Apparently one of their jobs was at stake.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

While HDTGM is usually pretty hit or miss (live shows are always pretty great), this week’s Congo episode was hilarious. They probably spent 10 minutes talking about the unexpectedly violent gorilla massacre scene and June's "These monkeys don't know which way is up!" almost made me pull my car over because I was laughing so hard.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Why do you need a complete summary of the movie anyway? Is that even an interesting way to spend listening to a podcast. Just cut out the bullshit and tell me funny things about the movie.

Context helps the comedy and provides the show some loose structure.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Never change, June. :allears:

These monkeys don't know which way is up.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Evil Vin posted:

I just started listening to the Flophouse since I'm finally willing to move on from mourning YITB and the mailbag is really turning me off and pushing me towards We Hate Movies.

Flophouse mailbag
Letters from listners
Listening to letters
Letters from listeners
Mailbag!

"Our first letter is from Elliot's brother..."

"Goddamnit."

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

weekly font posted:

Elliot seems exhausting to know in real life.

He would be the greatest, most hilarious friend you'd never want to hang out with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Croisquessein posted:

If that's true, I salute you. That was a great episode. Anybody not sold on WHM should check that one out.

#BringBackTheNoid