Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Great episode from WHM, and I gotta say Look Who's Talking Now had much less dog content then I expected. I don't even think they fully entered the discussion until around 50 minutes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

God, I hope they do Men, Women & Children. That movie looked like a REAL piece of poo poo and something WHM could have a lot of fun with.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

weekly font posted:

The reason episodes with Steve are better than episodes without Steve is because of Steve, not the presence of Chris. It's a slower paced show without him but it still hits most of the marks.

Yeah, agreed 100%. Andrew and Steve feel like real a comedy team (and the WHM dudes most skilled at improv/impressions) and play off of each other incredibly well. I think Chris only gets poo poo because it's really hard to replicate that kind of chemistry.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

bbf2 posted:

Was their "mail in art school guy" voice based on a real art school guy whose commercials run in New York or something or was it something they just totally came up with out of the blue? It seemed oddly specific.

They were on Adult Swim A LOT in the mid-to-late '00s.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Ochowie posted:

Am I the only one that is getting bored with WHM's movie selection? Would it kill them to do a comedy or a non-paranormal action movie?

I usually love when they do romantic comedies because of how inherently hosed up most of them are without being self-aware about it: Baby Cakes, The Pallbearer, Addicted to Love, Three Men and a Baby, etc. I requested Overboard during a few listener request months, and I'm sad they haven't done it yet because it's essentially the perfect WHM movie.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Steven's Bridges impression was just straight up Cosby.

I actually started picturing Cosby in my head during their impressions and it somehow made everything funnier.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

This week's WHM is fantastic. Sorry Cabin haters.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm tempted to call in and request Overboard (1987) again because it's perfect WHM fodder—it's basically like Blame it on Rio with how it's a seemingly lighthearted comedy that has an absolutely vile premise. I can only imagine how much fun they'd have with Kurt Russell's character alone.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

Yes, do it, this sounds perfect. I've been waiting for another Mrs. Doubtfire episode.

Definitely remember getting weird vibes from this movie's premise when I watched it as a kid.

It's basically Kurt Russel kidnapping an amnesiac Goldie Hawn because she was *rude* to him once, then torturing/raping her (along with the collusion of his buddies and children) until she believes the lie. It's a loving beginning-to-end nightmare that I'd love to see them tear apart.

I also saw this movie like 50 times as a child because HBO/TBS played the living poo poo out of it in the late '80s/early '90s.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

They stopped with the songs because you can't use licensed material and be hosted by certain things. I think the clips were just because it was too much work for Andrew, or at least I remember reading something like that.

Yeah, pulling clips is a surprising amount of work.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

One of the guys remembers moviephoning Spawn or some film tangentially connected to the episode and while he was moviephoning some guy apparently grabbed a kid (who was just minding his own business) while going "Hey you! You hit my car didn't you? Get over here" and just took this kid away. That sort of situation. And the guy didn't call the cops or do anything about it. They were just sort of like Hah-hah! I knew you had blood on your hands man but I found it more disturbing than funny tbh.
Despite loving the show and having listened to a ton of eps I can't really put name or much individual identity to many of the WHM guys, they're just this collective and the guests switch out, so I forget who it was.

I think he was also, like, 12 or 13 at the time.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

The whole June Drives Off To Crazytown thing was funny when she organically went down her rabbit hole about monkey actors but now whenever she has a question we first have to get through two minutes of preemptive chuckling and THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD YOU GUYS

Yeah, it's strange that people seem to forget June is a comedian setting out to be intentionally funny and not some unhinged space cadet. There have been some inappropriate freak-outs on recent episodes about some of her observations I thought were insightful or funny.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's about drat time.

Seriously. I think Bogus Journey is one of their most referenced "stay tuned" movies they haven't done an episode on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Captain Hotbutt posted:

WHM's mailbag this week is an instant classic specifically for the "Steelers Fans in the Theatre" story and riff.

Drew Carey as Bane made me laugh way too hard.

As a former resident of Northeast Ohio, I am all-too familiar with "Yinzers." (And it's not a racial slur.)