Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I watch both wrestling and MMA and this is the most compelling story so far between the two of them for me: Silva/Sonnen, UFC 117
(from UFC's official photos)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
More Silva stuff, his front kick of Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 is something I show a lot to introduce people to MMA and was number one on the UFC 100 Greatest Knockouts PPV.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

LobsterMobster posted:

These 3 have something in common. It's hard to notice in the first two, but the third will point out what to look for.

On a related note, some of one of the bloodiest fights in recent memory, Cain Velasquez tearing up Antonio Silva at UFC 146

Both by Ester Lin, who's the lady to go to for great MMA shots.

edit: bonus Ester

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Silva was the first fighter I remember watching (sometime before the '09 Leites fight) and since I was super new to the sport I made a snap decision during his walkout that he'd be my favorite fighter and then oh, he's the best in the world, huh? Well.

This moment in the rematch is one of my favorites in all the fights I've seen since that day. The brief pause in which you can almost hear Chael think "...gently caress." Especially because the first round made it look like he was going to be just as effective as the first fight.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Ozz81 posted:

Also the WWE GoT stuff is pretty cool...too bad Reigns is still riding the old Shield gimmick while everyone else has moved on. WWE seriously can't come up with something fresh for him?

I figured it was WWE thinking "Shield was really popular...we want Reigns to be really popular...therefore slap all the Shield accoutrement on Roman!"