Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dongattack posted:

Lol, i still have no idea why Shen insists on chopping all possible limbs off people that get told to be MECs when there is clearly ample room to just put your arms and legs into the mech. Fucker just likes it.
Anyway, RIP your poo poo Beagle, thanks for being the first volunteer again, i decided your wobbly parts were the perfect offering to the XCom2 gods.

Who would turn down becoming a rad cyborg with combat mech add-ons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dongattack posted:

i have considered this myself many times and the conclusion i reach every time is that i think your mastrubatory abilities deteriorate significantly and i cannot accept that

edit: while i'm shitposting anyway, how should i set up my satellite stuff to get the capacity to cover all the countries?

Robot dong + robot hands

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I've been keeping myself in the dark about this game, but I watched these new 1hour videos from people who were invited to play the game and all I want to do is play dress-up with my soldier dolls. and touch snake tits

When is this coming out again?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Pharmaskittle posted:

When I was 8 I called my local game rental place to ask if they had Lion King for SNES and called its genre "epic" because that's how Nintendo Power described it.

Hmm, accurate though

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Proof that being bad and playing on easy is gaming nirvana

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
My heart will break if you can't have big bulky mech suits like the ones in EW

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dervyn posted:

Was thinking why you would want to hook an alien closer. Then again, you could always do roaming machete murder squads or make a mod for Evolve.

Pull them out of cover into a squad of flanking super soldiers

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
How can you stand playing a game where you can't give your whole squad cigars?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Vengarr posted:

Brain in a motherfucking jar
Bradford's old sweater,
Avenger to Mars
Twenty motherfuckers on a burning car
Skyranger full of women and cigars

Get money

The ranger looking lady with the revolver and cigar from beagle's preview will be my whole squad

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Thyrork posted:

You will regret this.

Braved GIS "Xcom Xmas Fanart", didn't get anything relevant, did get this from deviantart;

http://sirtiefling.deviantart.com/art/XCOM-The-Pink-Squad-323601256

http://sirtiefling.deviantart.com/art/XCOM-The-Pink-Squad-2035AD-545631114

... Yeah okay, I'll admit I like this. The second one moreso, her on the left with the viperskin cloak and the head of a thinman in the bag. :haw:

Pretty good, put some santa hats on 'em and call it a day.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I thought the point was to dehumanize them? Xcom2012 has had this subdued, cartoonish approach to violence where humans are good and aliens are bad.
I mean if they wanted they could just take soldier VO and put it through a filter or something? :shrug:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Looked at Solomans Twitter and it looks like you can lose liberate territory but also gain it back.

Good news for my casual rear end

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Uhm, it looks like an alien ship why would they shoot their own ship, duh??

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Darkrenown posted:

You can just put up a satellite and do a base assault to regain lost countries in LW, so losing a nation is reversible.

I hope the LW devs do well, but modders moving on to doing their own full game seem to end in disaster more often than not.

Well, they got their work cut out for them with OpenXcom, Xenonauts and Xcom 2 coming out in just a short while.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Darkrenown posted:

Is there another Xenonauts coming? But I doubt we'll see anything from the LW devs for a year or two anyway even if things go well.

Nah, what I mean is that OpenXcom and Xenonauts are out now and Xcom 2 just on the horizon

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Actually it says right there what they're making is a grand strategy game so probably not an xcom clone.

Guess I stand corrected.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Say you're the type whole loads up their team with 2-3 assaults and run&guns through aliens on normal difficulty, would I be able to enjoy Long war or do you need to have lots of patience even on easier difficulties?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Zore posted:

I'd guess we won't get them back in exactly the same way they were in 1 no matter what.

I mean, as it is, we've lost all the 'tanky' perks from both the Heavy and Assault trees in XCOM 1 and replaced them with Shooty/Stealthy perks.

So maybe MEC trees become Damage reduction/+movement (scouting/flanking). That could be cool, would keep MEC flavor while letting them be a new spin on the EW version.

Thinking about it, I definitely feel like the fifth class has to have some kind of defensive capabilities. They've been stripped out of most of the other classes save operatives from what we've seen so far (even super Lightning-Reflexes only helps the Ranger because it just doesn't trigger overwatch).

If the MECs are DLC what would the tank skills be though?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

winterwerefox posted:

5th class. Mini Tank. takes up 6 squares. gains xp. upgrades to a sectopod sized walker

I wasn't thinking actual tank but sure that sounds just fine. Also it can't squeeze through tight spaces or go inside buildings.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Back Hack posted:

We did, it was a Kickstart project that got funded that wasn't anything like Jagged Alliance and as soon as the game hit early alpha the devs decided to quit and released the game before it was finished. It sucked.

So, uh, JA2 is still the go-to then I suppose?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

fspades posted:

After watching Beagle's second stream, I've come to the conclusion this game is still ridiculously fun, but it desperately needs a balance mod as it's even easier than XCOM: EU. And the concealment system needs a revision as it's not doing what it's intended to do. He was absolutely right in upping the difficulty.

Good news for babies such as myself, you'll have a to hold out hope that modding will be as easy and accessible as they claim though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Darkrenown posted:

I know this is a dumb sperg complaint, but the more I see the Grenadier the more the drum magazine on their grenade launcher bothers me. You have this huge mag that holds like 6-12 grenades, but you only actually get 1 grenade in your grenade slot or 2 with a perk. It's weirdly mismatched, like the artist had no idea what they were modelling. It would have made more sense to stick with the rocket launcher where the low number of rounds seemed more natural, or just had a grenade attachment on their gun.

Gotta ration out the grenades, they don't grow on trees my friend!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

PantsBandit posted:

I've been reading up on Gene Mods and they generally seem kind of ludicrously OP...every single one of them gives a pretty huge bonus and cost very few resources.

I just got Mimetic Skin on my sniper last night and can already tell it's going to make the game significantly easier.

edit: actually I just checked again and mimetic skin actually does cost a significant chunk of change. Still, you can get big bonuses for $10-$25.

It's less the cash and more the meld that's the big investement there though, isn't it?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It would be a bigger deal if that soldier you've invested heavily into died, but we know you're not going to let that happen :v:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Pwnstar posted:

Lmao if you aren't going going to write stuff like "THIS DUMB MOTHERFUCKER COULDN'T MAKE AN 80% SHOT, DO NOT BE LIKE HIM" on every memorial.

It's this or savescumming an empty wall

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Bholder posted:

I tend to be bad when it comes to savescumming, but when someone misses a quite important 90% shot I get mad enough to let them die (sometimes won't even bother with healing them if they bleed out) because gently caress you, I'm not going to play time traveller just to figure out how to get out of this situation you've created.

The added variety in soldiers should make a Wall of Shame much more appealing for me too.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man the Shen's last gift DLC is looking pretty good!

Hmm, yes, now I see the real potential in mod support

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Babe Magnet posted:

is XCOM: UFO guile hair coming back?

if not, why not

Pretty sure I saw it in a video

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Peter Van Drone

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

LordSaturn posted:

holy poo poo, that armor on the human in the foreground owns

No sleeves :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Curious... are you saying video games were made by nerds or something?

• Locked thread