Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

In political-economic terms how similar was feudalism throughout the Carolingian world in say 1500? Especially in Germany/HRE's western bits, in the history of Germany everyone talks about neo-serfdom and the East Elbian Junkers but nobody talks about the Rhineland

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

Pretty much the core territory of the Carolingian empire, northern France, western Germany, the low countries, and England(not part of the empire but a graft from it after 1066

This is triggering me really hard

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

In political-economic terms how similar was feudalism throughout the Carolingian world in say 1500? Especially in Germany/HRE's western bits, in the history of Germany everyone talks about neo-serfdom and the East Elbian Junkers but nobody talks about the Rhineland

icantfindaname posted:

Pretty much the core territory of the Carolingian empire, northern France, western Germany, the low countries, and England(not part of the empire but a graft from it after 1066

The explanation made it worse.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

"I study the Carolingian world"

"Really? Do you have a specialty?"

"Anglo-Saxon England in 1066"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SeaWolf posted:

I've been looking for documentaries to watch and keep me occupied on as much of the medieval world I can get my hands on.
But I can't find a damned thing on the Holy Roman Empire. There's plenty on the early Franks, Clovis and the reign of Charlemagne but after that it's a total dark age until the Habsburgs, which at that point is more than just the HRE! I have enough French and English history to keep me occupied until the end of time, but nothing east of the Rhine!
Hesitant to take youtube docs that aren't professionally produced seriously, they often have very unsubtle ethnic and political biases.

Hell even finding things to watch on the Byzantines and Moorish Spain was easier than this!

There's plenty of lectures, but I find they can be dry, and I like those for other specific times. And it'll break the immersion I'm in going from the dawn of civilizations through contemporary times!

So, there must be some titles out there that someone can recommend?

The Reichskammergericht is handling a DMCA claim on all worthwhile HRE videos at the moment. You can expect a resolution by at least 2550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

Lmao 4500 calories a day when fasting

lmao, a McDonald's double cheeseburger, large french fry, and chocolate milk shake combined are only 1540 calories

• Locked thread