Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fiber is the copy paper of the stardew valley world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

Mr Resetti wept...

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Approaching the end of Y1. Winter means having time to actually think about my farm's layout instead of just building things. I might use the dead space where those powdermelons are for fruit trees, that might be cool. Didn't realize 1.6 made it so grass didn't die in the winter!

Also, I got lucky and found a red cabbage from the merchant even though I forgot to toggle Y1 completable, but the fruit bat cave is almost certainly gonna screw me over on the fodder bundle anyway. Oh well, a speedrunner I am not.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cambria Bold posted:

Approaching the end of Y1. Winter means having time to actually think about my farm's layout instead of just building things. I might use the dead space where those powdermelons are for fruit trees, that might be cool. Didn't realize 1.6 made it so grass didn't die in the winter!

Also, I got lucky and found a red cabbage from the merchant even though I forgot to toggle Y1 completable, but the fruit bat cave is almost certainly gonna screw me over on the fodder bundle anyway. Oh well, a speedrunner I am not.

Ooh very tidy.

I am marooned in spring Y2 having to wait till fall for a walleye. Never mind! Pressure's off. I'm working on my orchard.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Cambria Bold posted:

Plant some apple trees in the greenhouse?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Drop some fiber seeds on the ground! And get some of the new powdermelons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Doc Fission posted:

Accidentally put a Mega Bomb down in my shed and it is evidently very good at blowing up furnaces, looms, truffle oil machines, etc. The more you know

I've experienced this pain, and the restart of the day, first-hand... :sigh:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Drop some fiber seeds on the ground! And get some of the new powdermelons.

There are powdermelons there!

I wonder what they taste like. They look kinda delicious.

e: PET BOWL. I want to build a pet bowl. Maybe if I write it here I will remember to do it, or at least to put it on the to-dew mod notepad.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Mederlock posted:

Plant some apple trees in the greenhouse?

I've got one there now, but it won't be grown until Spring Y2. I held out and just got unlucky.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I did it! I beat Journey of the Prairie King!

Now to do it without dying :shepface:

Yes, I know the 'level by level' trick. I'd be crazy not to use that to get this done.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve been working on beating Junimo Kart cause I’m a masochist. I got the 50K score on the walnut quest. I’m close to being able to beat progress mode. gently caress me it’s hard.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
how do people put fruit trees in the non-tillable part of the greenhouse?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I use the mouse

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Game just lets you. Hover over with fruit sapling equipped and square turns green

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1784412637276811326

Inline text for people that can't see twitter:

CA: "I'm aware of a crash in the recent patch. It happens if NPC's make it to the island resort changing rooms. Working on an emergency fix ASAP. In the meantime, turn off the resort if you have it, or wait for the patch, it should be out within an hour. Thank you"

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
"My fellow Stardewicans, I have just released a patch which will outlaw Ginger Island forever. We begin bombing in ten minutes."

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
L you can turn off the island?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

L you can turn off the island?

There's a sign on the changing station (inbetween the men and women sides) that asks if you want to close the resort for the following day.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I don’t see gender so I never noticed. 😌

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You also can't give Pierre the missing stock list anymore, hope that gets hotfixed too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Emily put me in a bright yellow suit with a purple tie and I have to say, I'm okay with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Avalerion posted:

You also can't give Pierre the missing stock list anymore, hope that gets hotfixed too.

That actually was one of the things that got fixed in the patch that broke other things.

1.6.7 patch notes:
-Fixes a bug preventing players from giving Pierre the Missing Stock List
-Fixed some machines and desert festival logic not working for Linux/MacOS players using the compatibility branch.

Edit: as I post this he released the hotfix for 1.6.8 to fix the island.