Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Clint still being open while he's upgrading is neat but...

1.6.3 Patch notes posted:

-You now have to collect (not just donate) the 4 prismatic shards for the "Four Precious Stones" Qi Quest

Sounds terrifying, even if it is super optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh man that loving blows.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

How were you getting them before? Some sort of witchcraft?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

I wonder if the way I've done it will still work. Using the post perfection item the statue of true perfection giving one prismatic shard a day.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Squiggle posted:

How were you getting them before? Some sort of witchcraft?

Usually having built up a supply in the proceeding months/years of the game. Instead of "You must find a very rare and RNG-y thing, four times, in whatever the timeframe for that quest is."

Trying to get enough Leeks for Evelyn one spring scarred me enough, haha.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Prismatic shard drop rates go way up the further deep past level 50 in the skull cavern you go. On very lucky days, wearing luck rings, and eating spicy eels you’ll probably get 1-2 per run past level 50 and close to 100.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I think this Mr. Qi fellow is just gonna have to do without any prismatic shards.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Stardew Valley Expanded for whatever reason in addition to all its Norma crap expanded prismatic shard finds and drops so if you fish in the ocean on rainy days you’ll get them just hurled at you

I always just had a huge loving stack of them on SVE runs

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

do NOT put mayo in the communal soup, no matter how high quality you think it is

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ah yes. The corrupted individual who was immediately overpowered and cured of their affliction.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm enjoying the meadowland farm, as a boring person who generally does original or four corners farm. The meadowlands farm layout itself isn't really any more useful for animal focused farms than the original, I guess the tradeoff is you have limitations in your crop/grass growing ability, but in exchange you get a coop, 2 chickens and a bunch of preexisting blue grass in exchange. Which is fine, having design restrictions to build around makes the build a lot more interesting anyways.

I'm trying to do an animal focused run, which so far has mostly been 'build a smaller starfruit/ancient fruit winery to fund building all your barns and coops' and isn't really as different from the usual 'build a giant starfruit/ancient fruit winery and become richer than god' run I generally do as I was hoping.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Tylana posted:

Usually having built up a supply in the proceeding months/years of the game. Instead of "You must find a very rare and RNG-y thing, four times, in whatever the timeframe for that quest is."

Trying to get enough Leeks for Evelyn one spring scarred me enough, haha.

OH jesus, you have to collect them while you have the quest I see now, gently caress that poo poo

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LLSix posted:

Grass does not spread through objects. If an object is placed over grass, the grass will still grow to open squares, but if the grass is ever cut out from under the object (like a fence) it won’t grow back.

Oh dang. It’s been a while since I played and I just straight forgot how it works. Thanks.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't. I installed a mod that lets you put sprinklers on the sand. No regrets.

This my first beach run and I didn't realize this, so instead my farm animals have a huge pasture and I have 7 ponds. Don't sleep on that Aged Blobfish Roe

Also seconding fruit dehydrator. Finally I can make.money off blueberries

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, I only have the dresser in my single player meadowland farm; my wife's beach farm didn't come with one. Is it supposed to?

The new Meadowlands farm is the only one that comes with a dresser, on the others you'll have to buy one.

To get leeks for Evelyn, plant wild seeds and cross your fingers.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
4 prismatic shards is like one deep dive in the skull cavern.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Putting mayo in a soup sounds absolutely gross and the governor is clearly some kind of deviant.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Well of course. I mean, just look at the man.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Governor is clearly from whatever Stardew's equivalent of the Midwest is.

Maybe Stardew IS this universe's equivalent of the Midwest :ghost:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

When they adding Miracle Whip

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

limp_cheese posted:

Governor is clearly from whatever Stardew's equivalent of the Midwest is.

Maybe Stardew IS this universe's equivalent of the Midwest :ghost:

Gotta put ranch in the stew

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

RandolphCarter posted:

Oh dang. It’s been a while since I played and I just straight forgot how it works. Thanks.

Glad I could help :glomp:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

I asked specifically that you not do this

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Finally finished the community center on Fall 5 Year 2, thought it was just apples I needed before realizing I'd not left enough wheat lying around to finish the fodder bundle either. :downs:

Time for Ginger Island to unlock just in time for me to never be home to see my wife ever!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Gully Foyle posted:

Anyone got some nice greenhouse layouts that aren't just pure value-based (aka not just ancient fruits?). I would like to use my greenhouse for at least a bit of variety. I was planning on one iridium sprinkler patch of Ancient Fruit so that there is some good money, but devoting the rest to a variety, including some trellises to have year-round Grapes.

The strawberry, blueberry and cranberry bushes are there to slowly provide me with the necessary seeds to plant the next season, the rows currently growing starfruit are where I can grow whatever out-of-season crop I need for my kitchen

GotLag fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 28, 2024

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Thank you for not being a monster

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God this game is hard to peel away from once you get going. Loving the mods so far, haven't even really started with Automation yet but simple poo poo like the F1 to lookup anything mod is fantastic. Convenient Inventory with the deposit to nearby feature is great, NPC map locations is great, Visible Fish is great... just a bunch of little things that really improve the experience without feeling overly cheaty.

Got a co-op farm going with a friend but I might have to start a solo game to play on my own time :f5:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

explosivo posted:

God this game is hard to peel away from once you get going. Loving the mods so far, haven't even really started with Automation yet but simple poo poo like the F1 to lookup anything mod is fantastic. Convenient Inventory with the deposit to nearby feature is great, NPC map locations is great, Visible Fish is great... just a bunch of little things that really improve the experience without feeling overly cheaty.

Got a co-op farm going with a friend but I might have to start a solo game to play on my own time :f5:

I am feeling the itch to also do a solo farm. Still in the middle of a co-op farm with my husband, having a blast!

Maybe when 1.6 releases for Switch I can do that. I could do a solo animal-focused farm on Meadowlands. Animals are a bit less painful to do without mods.

On another note, we haven't bothered updating SVE yet and we kinda... don't miss it? It adds a lot of neat stuff, but also way too much stuff!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I put a gold star mayo in the soup and I got the cheevo, do something about it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Question. Is there a mod to let me see just how much more experience I need to level up?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Question. Is there a mod to let me see just how much more experience I need to level up?

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/509

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So apparently mannequins are awesome and let you quickly swap outfits. Highly recommend if you’re into fashion in this game. Just wear whatever outfit you want to put on the mannequin, walk up to it and click the action button to swap outfits instantly. There’s also a cursed mannequin out there that wanders around your house while you sleep…

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i think that linus and the wizard should be roommates so they are easier to find. they can spend all day saying poo poo like “i like watching people” and “everyone hates me” to each other rather than me

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Linus doesn't want a roommate, he wants to be one with nature and eat trash.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

cash crab posted:

i think that linus and the wizard should be roommates so they are easier to find. they can spend all day saying poo poo like “i like watching people” and “everyone hates me” to each other rather than me

Linus is a saint!! The wizard is creepy though

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
Guess I'll go eat worms

-- Linus StardewValley

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The wizard is merely respecting his ex's boundaries while still wanting to be a part of his child's life. You cannot get mad at him for that.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

Are there any portrait mods that folks like? And how hard are the Ellie's Cuter Animal mods to use because those animals look really cute.

I was always using DCBurger's but I don't think those will ever get updated again (because they sure aren't for the new portraits), so I moved to Nyapu's Portraits. Fits the game much more too imo, and supports tons of other mods for portrait consistency!

On that note, which content mod(s) do people recommend? I've never played with SVE, Ridgeside(?), East Scarp, etc... are any of these worth checking out?

parara fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Wizard somehow has multiple exes in town so you know he's a fuckboy.

parara posted:

I was always using DCBurger's but I don't think those will ever get updated again (because they sure aren't for the new portraits), so I moved to Nyapu's Portraits. Fits the game much more too imo, and supports tons of other mods for portrait consistency!

On that note, which content mod(s) do people recommend? I've never played with SVE, Ridgeside(?), East Scarp, etc... are any of these worth checking out?

SVE is a good place to start.