Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
You can also leave milk and cookies out for Santa on Winter 24 and get a gift in return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Daztek posted:

If you have Generic Mod Config Menu installed, there should be an in-game settings menu for it

Oh! Duh. Yeah I do have that mod. Cheers then I'll just use the cute animal skins. Thanks, I'll get going on that when I get home. :)

bunnyofdoom posted:

You can also leave milk and cookies out for Santa on Winter 24 and get a gift in return

Excuse me? Where and how??!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
Put them on a table in your house or a long table before tucking into bed, and there will be a mystery box on the 25th there

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I took some inspiration from this thread and moved my house to the little land bit in the upper left corner of the meadow farm. The house looks amazing there. :3:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Okay I am home now and I installed the cuter coop animals mod and OH GOODNESS YES this is exactly what I wanted. :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Silver Falcon posted:

Okay I am home now and I installed the cuter coop animals mod and OH GOODNESS YES this is exactly what I wanted. :3:

I am also using it. I'm using all her mods and every creature is a goddamn delight. My horse has rainbow hair.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Yeah my wife and I have all of their mods too and they're phenomenal :v:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Leah please stop letting the kids play in the attic with all my spooky skeleton and weapon displays. I'd do it myself but the universe has deemed to limit my interactions with them to a single click per day.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1781056850471084160

https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-6-4-full-patch-notes/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I swear, I’m just bug fixing!

/adds 40 new map layouts to the mines and volcano and a new cutscene…

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

Patch Notes posted:

– Added a 1.2-second delay after dropping an item, before it’s picked back up by the same player.

You can drop items???

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

quote:

– Crab pots now have a short time period after harvesting from them during which they can’t be removed (750ms).

He said the accidental picking up of Crab Pots will end.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Phssthpok posted:

You can drop items???

With the controller just pick up an item in your inventory and move it off to the left and the 'hand' icon will move off the inventory box and hover over the game screen behind, then press a or action or whatever. With the mouse just click the item anywhere off the menu.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My rng this run is so whack man, I've reached floor 100 of the skull caverns and obviously bottomed out the town one and still I'm missing one dwarf scroll. Pretty sure in both my previous save files I got all 4 without even realising such that when I spoke to the dwarf I could already understand him.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dwarf Scrolls can go gently caress themselves

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
my sons are also named [96][97]Bob and [98][99]rear end

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
NB if you drop something you are liable to immediately automatically pick it up again. But if your inventory is full and there's an item you want at your feet, dropping something will cause you to pick up the thing that's been sitting there instead.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

He said the accidental picking up of Crab Pots will end.

thank God that was driving me batshit

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mylan posted:

Leah please stop letting the kids play in the attic with all my spooky skeleton and weapon displays. I'd do it myself but the universe has deemed to limit my interactions with them to a single click per day.

cant you be normal and let the kids play in the room with like 70 potted cacti

Tatsuta Age posted:

I can't open my save anymore after this update for some reason!

probably mod related

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Patch notes posted:

– Life elixirs now only restore health, and energy tonics now only restore energy.

God drat it. My mushroom logs just got significantly less awesome. :(

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

ConcernedApe and Re-Logic are in the world's slowest race to see who can release their final update. It's beautiful.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

bunnyofdoom posted:

WHOA.

I just ran into a fishing event for the first time, and it was fun. Flounder frenzy: go down to the beach and fish are leaping out of the water on to your hook. Looking forward to seeing if other fish ever do this.

Tatsuta Age posted:

If you're using any mod, just go download SMAPI again (there's been a patch). Solved the problem for me.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 19, 2024

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Dwarf Scrolls can go gently caress themselves

Fish Ponds requesting Dwarf Scrolls can extra go gently caress themselves.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Phssthpok posted:

You can drop items???

He added in 1.6.0 that you can drop stuff out of your hotbar now by pressing Shift+Right Click on the item (doesn't work with tools).

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It's always been possible to drop stuff by picking up a stack in your inventory screen and clicking outside your inventory

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Gully Foyle posted:

Fish Ponds requesting Dwarf Scrolls can extra go gently caress themselves.

If any fish had the audacity to say they need Dwarf Sutra scrolls to mate I would turn them into sashimi.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!
I simply don’t bother with fish ponds except sturgeon. Stupid movie theater bundle.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I have never encountered something resembling an error in this game but I got one during the new raccoon cutscene.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

GotLag posted:

It's always been possible to drop stuff by picking up a stack in your inventory screen and clicking outside your inventory

Except it would usually just bounce straight back in again unless the slot was filled very quickly. He fixed that in 1.6 too though, with the cool down on picking stuff back up.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I threw some random better-than-average poo poo together and won first place Year One. Suck it Pierre, your reign of terror is OVER

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Howard Beale posted:

I threw some random better-than-average poo poo together and won first place Year One. Suck it Pierre, your reign of terror is OVER

Good job! My wife and I actually just got through the fair on our 1.6 save and scored 106!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Anyone else experiencing a bug where on loading the game, trying to click anything on your toolbar just activates whatever's in the first slot? Changing area by leaving the farmhouse fixes it but it's still annoying when I just want to smash my coffee and tend to whatever machines in the house finished their job in the night but instead I'm just standing next to the coffee machine waving my sword around

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Howard Beale posted:

That's actually how you win; if you look it up on the wiki, you need to submit good quality items but from like 9 different categories, of which only 6 are used for this festival. So a random smattering of stuff is way better than putting 9 iridium star fruits and veggies.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Howard Beale posted:

i got a 1st first year and now it's 2nd year and i still have the mayor's boxer shorts. they're going in the grange display

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's actually how you win; if you look it up on the wiki, you need to submit good quality items but from like 9 different categories, of which only 6 are used for this festival. So a random smattering of stuff is way better than putting 9 iridium star fruits and veggies.

yeah not to rain on anyone's parade but if you look up the mechanics it's very easy to win the fair. there's a lot of stuff on the wiki about how to get a perfect score but you don't need anywhere near that to win. if you just cover the different categories and make sure a few of your items are gold star or better you're probably set

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Man. I read posts here saying there was a patch and I would have to update SMAPI, so I downloaded it first thing in the morning. It installed on my computer just fine, but I need it on my Deck as well.

And it ain't workin' boss. I'm stuck on the step where I have to tell it the filepath. When I first installed SMAPI, it didn't ask me what the game filepath was!

I found the Stardew Valley.dll. I see it! SMAPI tells me the filepath is not found...

What I did was copy the file address to the Stardew Valley folder and then pasted that into the SMAPI window, cuz gently caress typing all those random garbage characters it has by hand. But it no workie!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Great, so I can't actually continue playing because the patch makes smapi go nuh uh you HAVE to update that too but that doesn't even work anymore. And it's again going to be having to manually update all the mods as well. Gods I hate this awful modding system.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Poil posted:

Great, so I can't actually continue playing because the patch makes smapi go nuh uh you HAVE to update that too but that doesn't even work anymore. And it's again going to be having to manually update all the mods as well. Gods I hate this awful modding system.

All I had to do was update SMAPI and disable Fashion Sense because that one needs a little update, apparently.

e: Using Stardrop, which will update SMAPI for you if you ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

The grange always manages to sneak up on me without fail. I usually just throw whatever halfway-decent crops and animal produce I happen to have handy in. Grab the best gemstone I have handy and fish up the Angler to fill out the categories. That usually works.