Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

OK well now I want someone to do all the town characters as pawns and what their traits and stats would be. Am I going to have to force feed Shane psychite tea constantly so he's not bumming everyone out? Sebastian joins the colony after one of those vampire meetings. Pam gets a negative trait if she's sober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Are you kidding me!? We live next to a cave full of monsters! There's a giant bear that lives by a sewer, and he talks! In that sewer is some black thing, like a shadow, I swear I've seen it. No one believes me, and Demetrius actually laughs! There's no way I'm going out there. Did you hear about the witch? There's a witch out there, flying. on. an. actual. broom. Not to mention the worst fear of all, if it isn't pick pockets it's that creep Harvey roaming around looking for people having a nice sleep under the stars, kidnapping them, and charging them for it in the morning!

No. No I will not answer my door after dark. Even if you knock.

edit: don't even get me started on that guy in the hat who lives in a tower in the woods

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Solumin posted:

It's going to be a very long, very slow buildup to making serious money, and that's perfectly OK with me. I've never gotten past year 2 on my previous runs because I burn out trying to get big numbers and do as much as possible. I want a nice, easy, slow run this time.

It dawned on me recently ConcernedApe really does seem to have imbued a sense of money isn't everything into the games core. I've heard many comment that late game Stardew usually involves a massive pile of money, and if you put consistent progress it seems relatively inevitable. Clicking on infinite money is probably fun but I doubt as impactful gameplay as the crafted vision, so then the joy really lies in the journey and the friends we made along the way. [hold for cute sigh] I truly never thought I'd feel such admiration for a game I bought years ago, had vaguely heard of, and seemed liked Harvest Moon. The fact that this mf has me enjoying doing the chore list I make for myself so I can sell Cheesy Cauliflower is astounding

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't. I installed a mod that lets you put sprinklers on the sand. No regrets.

This my first beach run and I didn't realize this, so instead my farm animals have a huge pasture and I have 7 ponds. Don't sleep on that Aged Blobfish Roe

Also seconding fruit dehydrator. Finally I can make.money off blueberries

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Leal posted:

Fun fact: The minifridge counts as a storage when adjacent to a workshop while still providing its contents to the kitchen

Woah, I had to re-read that to get what you mean. Even if the workbench isn't in the house?

I was also wondering if the question regarding fridges from two pages back was answered, as yes fridges will work as extra storage if adjacent to the kitchen, similar to chests around a bench.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Alxprit posted:

You can't put a mini-fridge down outside.

Ah, hadn't tried. Makes sense though, Harvey would be raiding it nightly.

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Is there a mod that lets me break into Pierre’s and just take poo poo

Sure, but you know it's going to be in the store next day for like 2000g. This hear is premium grade organic poo poo, I found it myself on a walk out in the forest yesterday..

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Seems like we need a paternity test expansion with its own follow up character progressions

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Could always try hitting the spa for some energy regen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

It's always the same thing at these barebecues: squashbeef and hamberries. Branch out a little ya know, have you seen the marbling on black cherry steaks? It's crazy.