Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Rune Factory 4 tones it way down compared to RF3, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

Hey, someone needs to scoop up the wayward fans driven away after Fire Emblem's US release dropped the Pokemon-Amie soldier-petting feature.

say what :eyepop:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

The thread is only 25 pages, it's not gonna scare off new people.

But who is going to edit the OP with sweet tips and tricks on enhancing your farmlife experience?? :ohdear:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

What nonsensical earthbound-esque thing is the "Favorite Thing" input used for :geno:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

Holy poo poo @ Elliot

You wouldn't like it in my cabin. It's full of spiders.

:raise: You do you, Elliot.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

YES bread posted:

Just found a geode with 20 copper in it by pawing thru everyone's garbage, hell yeah

wait what, can you pickaxe geodes to further generate material??

Emalde
May 3, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

No tutorial is the biggest problem with the game I see so far. Maybe I skipped it when skipping intro videos? But it just kind of thrusts you in without explaining anything at all.

The game almost certainly assumes you have played any number of the previous Harvest Moon games, all of which laboriously string you through tutorials for the first in-game week or so.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Spaced God posted:

I saw on that reddit tips thread posted a few pages back that I should get a silo before I get my coop. How do I go about getting a silo?
Also, if anyone wants, I can set up a channel in synirc so we can party like it's 1992 :corsair:

Silo needs 5 copper bars and 10 clay [along with basic mats]. Do some hoe-ing for clay, spelunk for copper.

I'd definitely use the IRC b/c I'm stuck in the 90s

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Khorne posted:

What is the Skeleton Key for?

It's for the other arcade cabinet in the bar.

Speaking of, I just got my 2 heart event with Abigail and you end up chilling out and playing co-op Prairie King with her this game is so loving great :swoon:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Shirec posted:

What kinda stuff does she like? I've been experimenting but so far she just gets mad at me and goes to her room :(

Amethyst, which are really easy to collect every week.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

StrangeAeon posted:

Looking for one last person on my Meet Everyone checklist, where's the blue-haired chick in a red dress?

She works the bar most nights.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Fans posted:

Yes, that's how you get the Ghostfish for the speciality bundle.

Ghosts also just have them as a loot drop though. :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Trainmonk posted:

Anyone know what the skull key does? I thought it just went to the arcade game but i still have the quest after playing it.

There's a cave out in the desert with a Skull on it when you can afford to get the bus up and running, that might be it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Coolguye posted:

2) Is the rainy day ambient noise (at least in spring) kind of creepy with low howls and groans? I asked a friend this morning and he claimed he had no idea what I was talking about, the rainy day music was quiet but sedate. I don't know if he's loving with me or if I named my farm "arkham" at my own peril.

It's the sewer monster, most likely. (not joking)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Emalde posted:

There's a cave out in the desert with a Skull on it when you can afford to get the bus up and running, that might be it.

Just got to this, it's the next series of mines once you've completed the first one in the valley. With the space boots and obsidian sword I'm getting shredded down here, so bring healing when you start venturing out.

I did get a rabbit's foot off of the thing that replaces the standard Bat enemy though, so that's cool?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Meldonox posted:

I know I have for many years.

Of course, now I have a 3DS with Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons, and Fantasy Life. I'm still trying to make up my mind about whether I want to pick up ANOTHER farming sim or put Stardew off until I've played more of the ones I have. How does this hold up compared to those?

Significantly better than the current Story of Seasons out in the west, Fantasy Life doesn't even have farming, but RF4 is still real good (Stardew has less anime though).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

now if only I could catch those pesky rabbits

You have to make a super coop to raise rabbits.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Tequila Sunrise posted:

So am I to understand at level 5 for each skill you get to pick one of two specializations that give bonuses to it?

Correct.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Ulvirich posted:

A certain NPC, available when you get a steel pick, can accept some specific category of museum artifacts as good gifts. Otherwise I've just been selling the non-gemstones.

As far as I can tell this NPC won't actually gain friendpoints until you get the special book associated with them, so even then it's not worth bothering with immediately.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

If you spend the 25k bundle at the Safe in the community center, you get a machine that will perpetually clone any gems you feed in to it (until you swap it for another).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

:lol: Did anybody pick this one

frank.club posted:

How substantially does a coop increase profit

Not very until you upgrade it a couple of times, and at that point you're so far in the hole it takes ages for the new animals to pull you back out of it.

Ducks are cute though so :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Wait so assuming scarecrows are centered like sprinklers, is that a 17x17 area or an 8x8 one?

8x8 herp im dum

Gibbo posted:

I'm just dying to know what creepy old sailor in the rain is trying to sell me

The thing to get married with.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 29, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Gyoru posted:

1.03's movement fixes might have introduced a new bug with event scenes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405692758720223992/

I triggered the same event with Abigail while shopping at Pierre's and my character was stuck running into a wall.

Yep, just walked right out stage left during one of Penny's events. :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

LET'S GOOOOO :krakken:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Slime Hutches are massive :gonk:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Do mushroom trees live through the Winter or should you chop them down at the end of the season?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Don't fall over yourself to fix the bridge in the mountains, it just unlocks a surface level mining area for gems

Emalde
May 3, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How does the fuckin slime hutch work? I've got a blue slime and a green slime in there, but they're not producing poo poo.

There are "male" (has the dongle on its head) and "female" slimes, but you have to be on screen for them to try and reproduce.

Beyond that, I think it's bugged since it seems like they're supposed to be leaving slime balls around or something and don't appear to be?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

I'm really bad at both the arcade games. Are there real rewards for beating them?

You get the arcade machines to install in your home/where ever you want.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Also the three animal statues scattered around (One on the farm, one below Linus' tent, and one on the beach)

When you level up your Foraging enough you can make [loving consumable jfc why] teleport totems

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Everdraed posted:

That's funny, your favorite thing reminds me of my dude:

Everdraed when this game gets full modding support let's make a total conversion mod featuring the alien dwarf civilization coming to the surface to wreak havoc with their alien space magicks and maybe some elder god worship praise yoba

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Wait a second... "Special moves"?

If you right click, different weapons do stuff. Swords have a parry, Clubs have an overhead smash, etc.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Emalde posted:

There are "male" (has the dongle on its head) and "female" slimes, but you have to be on screen for them to try and reproduce.

Beyond that, I think it's bugged since it seems like they're supposed to be leaving slime balls around or something and don't appear to be?

Update on this, the "slime balls" they leave behind are actually giant slime eggs that burst into 15-20 of the regular ones. This process took me a couple of weeks, so it might be based on the number of slime you have living together.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ONE WEIRD TRICK A FARMER DISCOVERED FOR HIGH QUALITY FISH, WILLY HATES HIM

(If you stand and fish directly in this spot, 90% of the stuff you catch will be gold star)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

I think it's just related to your fishing skill. 90% of the stuff I catch now at skill 10 is gold no matter where I fish.

I'm fishing level 6 and using a fiberglass rod.

Also, this is what I was talking about with the slime hutch:

Click on it and it becomes slime balls.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Coolguye posted:

is that all you get from having the slime hutch? seems like it'd take approximately a million years for that to pay you back for the investment.

Seems like the more slimes you have, the faster they generate them, so I imagine at some point you'll get them every day for easy batches of slime to sell, but yeah it doesn't seem to be worth a whole lot otherwise (but it IS fun collecting slime colors!)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Indecisive posted:

guys help

a witch came in the night and cursed my egg

I have an incubator......... do i hatch it

It's nothing bad, you should incubate it but bear in mind the thing that hatches just lays more of these and they can't be made into Mayo iirc

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Dorkopotamis posted:

Could someone explain the slime hutch to me?

Once you obtain the hutch, slimes will now have a rare chance to drop eggs. Once you've hatched a male (has the dongle on its head) and female (plain blob), they will begin reproducing. Once you have enough slimes, they'll start leaving behind giant slime eggs overnight that burst into 15-20 regular slime balls. Don't forget to fill the 4 troughs on the wall with water.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

The sounds like it'll take a long time to pay for itself.

You get enough slimes and multiple pods will generate overnight, seemingly up to a maximum of 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

LibbyM posted:

Can I get iridium in the mines? I'm 100 deep so far. My game cheated me out of my free meteorite iridium, the meteorite disappeared with a patch before I could crack it. I'm in winter now and am looking to set up a huge self watering farm for spring, would rather have a couple iridium sprinklers if I could.

1. Omnigeodes can spawn iridium ore
2. Iridium Nodes very, very, very rarely show up in 100-120.
3. The masked and armored cave spirits both have a very rare chance to drop whole iridium bars.