Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
The new interface system he's added in looks much better to use and the forest nuking looks oh so satisfying. Reading some of the Greenlight comments makes me want to murder people with the amount of folk claiming its basically ripped everything from Minecraft/Terraria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Dont the Rune Factory games kinda do this, at least once?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
How do you have this?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Totally had my hopes up that a beta had been launched. Hopes dashed.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
A new update appears.

"

Rings – These rare trinkets will grant you special powers when worn. Equip two at a time to customize your ability!

Boots - Boots are all the rage in Stardew Valley… But true adventurers prize them for their protective qualities. You’d be a fool to go too deep in the caves without a sturdy pair.

Minerals - Geologists from around the continent know that Stardew Valley is a wonderful place to find geodes. The local blacksmith, Clint, is happy to break them open with his hammer to reveal their hidden treasures… for a moderate fee

When you collect artifacts and minerals, you can choose to sell them or donate them to the local museum. As a way of saying thanks, Gunther (the curator) is happy to let you arrange the artifacts as you see fit. He might even give you special gifts or museum decorations as you work towards completing the collection.

Slingshot – After getting your hands on a slingshot, you’ll have a handy ranged weapon at your disposal. Load it up with stones, ores & more. You might have to practice a bit to get your aim down… just try not to hit Mayor Lewis on the nose!

Other things I have been working on recently:

Fixing bugs & unintended behaviors
Drawing more character portraits
Menus
A new building
Things I will be working on soon (they are all started but not entirely finished):

Farming
Tool upgrades
Seasons
Of course, that’s not everything… there’s still a lot of content that needs to be added before I am happy to release this… as well as finishing multiplayer, which is no trivial task. But I am not slowing down, my virtual body is moving at generous speed and will continue!

Back to work… thanks for reading, everyone!

-Ape"

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
A new update has been posted on http://stardewvalley.net/

quote:

Hi, hope you are all having a nice 2014 so far!

I’ve been busy finalizing and polishing character event cutscenes. Let me tell you a bit more about what that entails.

There are 10 “eligible” characters in the game, 5 females and 5 males (Yes, same-sex marriage/relationships are allowed!). Each one has at least 5 “events” which you’ll encounter as your relationship with the character progresses. Most of the events include conversations in which you can choose between different dialogue options. Sometimes the option you choose will affect how the rest of the event plays out. In addition to conversation options, you’ll sometimes be given a choice between multiple courses of action, which always has an effect on how the event plays out. Sometimes, choices you make in events will affect what characters end up doing in the future. Characters that you can’t marry also have these event cutscenes, but typically not as many.

I’ve been carefully going through every one of these events, adding or rewriting dialogue, new animations, props, cameo characters, settings, storylines, graphical cutscenes, sounds, music, and more! I also added a lot more cases where your choices affect how the rest of the event plays out. Additionally… while working on these events, if I encounter anything else in the game I am unhappy with I typically take a small detour and fix that as well.

So I’ve been working mostly on events, with slight detours here and there to polish other aspects of the game.

Some other new things I’ve added since last update:

2 children… a boy and a girl (seen below) — I felt that children were necessary to make the town feel more alive. They are also useful as plot elements, and have already been incorporated into other characters’ storylines.
Bath house, with locker rooms — Fun setting for events, place to relax, and an excuse to see characters in their bathing suits.
An arcade in the saloon — A place for the youth to hang out. Some fun surprises as well.

What else needs to be done before release?

Finish the rest of the events
Festivals
The Joja Corporation story arc
Post-marriage life
Finish Multiplayer
More polishing!
Testing, technical stuff, performance optimizations, possible mac and linux port

I get a feeling this is a few months off from release still.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Are Blueberries still the go to crop for summer?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
I think planting 120 blueberries in my first summer is going to be something i'm going to regret for a while at least.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Does running the game with mods lockout achievements at all?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Yup. I accidentally sold my gold parsnips and ate one of my melons so i'm having to wait til Summer Year 2 for the greenhouse. Just 2 seasons to go though and if it wasnt for the barn animals i'd already be sleeping my way through the whole of winter.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Why are people not growing winter forage seeds in winter? Seriously, they get benefits from the foraging perks and can make you more money than any other season. The only limiting factor is finding enough forage for seeds but that is taken care of after the first harvest.

Took this advice and made 60k gold from this and packed away 100 seeds for next winter where I should hopefully make a lot more. The double forage perk really helps.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
I watched a guy on YT who just waited for Omni Geodes to be available from the shop in the desert and basically just processed loads of them til he got the shard for the sword.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Is there a way (or a mod) to switch to the lower rows of your backpack for the hotkey items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Any tips for my first few trips to Skull Cavern?