Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Holy poo poo this game is still being made?!?!

I heard about this game ages ago and thought it died so glad to see some sort of post talking about what he's been working on. Still no Beta going I assume?
Jesus I want this game so bad as I so terribly want anything that might recreate Harvest Moon 64 :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Jesto posted:

It's happening. :woop:

At an unknowable date in the future. :geno:

Is that an unattended toddler crawling around I see in picture 2? :raise: Someone call CPS.

Holy poo poo this year?!?! I'm extremely excited! Only 11 1/2 more months to go possibly

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Way to excited for the announcement I've been following this game for way too long. Get the hype train going again

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Holy poo poo beyond excited. Will purchase immediately on release

Hope I don't "have" to do the dungeons sorta stuff. I want my farm

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Steam says the game is unlocking in 1 week and 5 days but I can't throw money at this yet :/
What gives?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can anyone tell me if my dream of being a bee farmer can happen and if so how?
Slimes are an option if I can murder them for xp

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I can't find the post that gives you quick tips to expand your backback space.... Anyone point me in the direction?
Or tell me how to get another row in my inventory I'm missing something

Seriously just clearing a small space to plant your turnips and I'm full on inventory space. Can I get rid of fiber or wood to start with or do I need to hoard?
2nd day you get a fishing pole but enjoy no inventory space :/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you for all the responses I'll get that box up asap

Is it best to sell everything to rush the backpack upgrade or can your starting farm get you there quick enough?

Basically every morning till about 10 I water my crops,clear some more land then either try to meet people I'm missing or fish :3
need to add mining at some point but I like my routine right now but I also need that space

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got to post here while I'm still trying to catch up on the thread.
So I spend most by days, I'm only a few in mind you, tending to my ever growing herd of turnips and potatoes in the morning. Sprint to town to give any flowers I find then fish the evening away.

What should I cut out to start exploring the mine?

Also my new quest is to get animals. Who makes the silo and where do I get grass from to plant for chickens?

Last question how does the sprinkler system work? Is it like this?
X X X
X S X
X X X

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply so is it even useful for the first sprinkler? Maybe veggies with stocks so you can't run through them? I don't know

Fishing annoyed me until I realized keep the fish in the bar not above it. that plus hitting level 1 seemed to make it easier. I now find fishing genuinely enjoyable. I try to find different ponds to fish out of, I know this makes no difference, and yeah. Fun as hell

2 days off coming up and I'm ready to spend way to much time playing this game

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I've managed to avoid most spoilers here I do think the OP needs to be updated. A lot of people have some really great information throughout this thread. Page 71 someone had a good "starting things to do" without spoiling anything

I just want to say what everyone else has. Really really fun game. I thought the energy would bug me to some degree but it really doesn't. I like figuring out what to do. I'm only one day 13 of Spring, I restarted a few times because I ended up not liking my pet name or what not, and just a drat great game
I have 5 plots of 3x3 that I tend to each day, farming isn't high enough to get the sprinklers to cut down on my manual farming time yet, then I either go to the mine looking for copper or fish. Fishing is really profitable and quite enjoyable. That combined with foraging randomly has gotten me the 24 inventory upgrade quickly and I'm plugging away at various other things that interest me.
Combat is simple yet fun. I'm tempted to start making my crab pots and really live off the land.
Fishing + farming is more fun then it should be.

the only thing I haven't really done? Mess with the villagers. I think the rich bitch is 1 heart with me? I try to talk to everyone at least once but I'm apparently still missing a few people from the intro quest. Oh well I'll get to them in due time :3 These fish won't catch themselves.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can someone point me towards the diagram of optimal way to plant trees? Looking to get some of that sweet sweet Maple Syrup business but don't want to shoot myself in the foot if I plant like a jack rear end
Is it 8 TOTAL squares away from anything else?

So:

x x x x M x x x x

So it will grow fully compared to if I did like

M x x x M x x x M

I assume they would all not grow to full size?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Harmburger posted:

Correct.

Not correct, you can put walkways in. Though, I'm guessing it stops them from dropping seeds into the ground, so I wouldn't do it on that basis.

Holy hell this is useful

OP please put this on first page when it comes to tree's so much more clear then the generic "8 tiles must be clear" crap

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
When you complete your first quest for the community center what bridge do they fixed?I fixed the one next to the beach already, is there another one down?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Below and to the right of the Adventurer's Guild.

Don't know if it's because the earthquake didn't happen yet but the Bastards didn't fix that bridge :/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Malek posted:

I know it's a semi bug but Abigal seems to be eating any quartz I give her. :wtc:

Bitch is hungry. I feed them not because I want to marry her but because I'm impressed. She eats rocks

I made it a point to plant flowers next to my beehives.and yeah flavored honey rules.

I just hit summer 1 had a large surplus of cash saved up to ensure maximum crops asap. Now I'm adding crab pots to my morning ritual, cash is steadily rolling in.
Finally hit 40 on the mine so I can farm up iron.
Very happy with my progress. I'm hoping for chickens before fall as I have a massive untamed grass plot begging to be turned until hay

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What do you need to get the 2nd level of sprinklers and what do you need to build them mats wise?
Thanks

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gold bars for the second set of sprinklers? poo poo where do I get that?
Might be buying my way to those sprinklers unless my murderness goes up in winter while spelunking

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What is the wheat to hops ratio for beer?
Stockpiling hops as I want to make more beer then what could be considered rational as soon as I unlock the recipe

Also finally unlocked tier 2 sprinklers! Soon I'll automate all of my watering and save 2 hours in the am for fishing and the mine :3

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I'm in summer 1 day 16 I think and I unlocked tier 2 sprinklers. Immediately purchased any gold ore I needed, setup 2 new plots so I can have 6 fully automated ones ......and realized it is Wednesday.
I can't buy new seeds :/

Oh well always tomorrow. Between fishing and farming I've never been strapped for cash. I'm about to buy my first silo, honestly forgot about it, and upgrade my house
Money in mining seems really low but I get plenty of ore and gems to gift at least
I've been farming hops like mad so once I hit the required farming I will make more beer then I know what to do with :3

Anyone have a good setup for hops that I can use with the sprinklers? I assume just surround as I don't need to walk through them

X X X
X S X
X X X

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Harmburger posted:

But have I stockpiled enough fruit?

80, rows of 10i'm only here because i ran out of coal to smelt bars

Where

Where are your fruit even at? Where are the hops?!?!?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Got tired of the bundles, keeping track of it, during fall 1 so switched to Jojo mart.
Feels good to destroy the working man market for not always being open muhahaha
Although once I did this I IMMEDIATELY pulled multiple fish I've been struggling to get :/

My kegs are slowly coming online, managed to get 350+ hops in a single season not knowing what I was doing, money is flowing in. Soon I'll have the blue berry green house up and running

The gentle goon who showed me the best lay out with the second tier sprinklers thank you. I got 4 giant plots that I don't touch besides harvesting. Cranberries, corn pumpkins and egg plants galore :3
Winter is coming so I'll finish that first mine, forage and fish my way into oblivion. That and clear my farm land besides my set aside trees for sap.

Is there any animal who products in winter so I have something else to do?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

JerikTelorian posted:

Chickens and cows still produce during winter. The only one I am unsure about is pigs.

Thanks do animals need the heaters if they are kept in the my keg house?
I mean barn.....

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How do you get in the sewers? Do I have to be "friends" with someone?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Are star fruit multi harvest?
Trying to decide if worth using over cranberries in my green house. It is winter for whatever that matters

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
poo poo

Maybe I shouldn't have bought 40 pouches then. Oh well come summer I'll have fields for days haha

Finally unlocking some heart scenes and they are really well done. Mind you i think my highest is 3 stars but drat. I really like it
The sound track is great and I'm enjoying winter. Nice change of pace

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So once you have your first Ancient fruit you feed it to the seed machine for more seeds....
Is it best to start replacing my cranberries out of my Greenhouse for Ancient Fruit trees? are they more profitable?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I enjoy the fishing game a lot and I find it relaxing.
Also I like my cows, goats, ducks and chickens :3
They give me sweet sweet bits for my cheese and mayonnaise empire. You will all love me dammit!!!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Anyone who doesn't marry Maru is a monster :smuggo: There i said it. She builds a god drat flying robot.
What does leah do? Make lovely art? Yeah pass

Although if I can still Kens wife after he's introduced in future patches......I might be monstrous enough to do that.

Starting over and actually trying to do the community bundle. Sold my soul to Jojo first playthrough and I've broken the game at the start of year 2. Greenhouse owns bones

And also anyone who doesn't love Chickens is nuts. They pay for themselves quickly and everyone loves Mayo. Love your Chickens and duck

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So after putting in 100+ hours becoming a beer baren and crushing the spirit of the fairy people with good old fashion capitalism
This was when the first came out. Since then there's been patches, apparently got released to other system and my computer poo poo out back in November

Is it worth grabbing on the xbox one? Have they added content?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stelio Kontos posted:

60 hours in on the xbone version, if you can live without mods it's perfectly good and fun.

Any plans for modding to be possible? Them sprinklers are rough at the beginning

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stelio Kontos posted:

I haven't seen anything regarding plans to bring them over.

Oh wellb i bought it
I love this game

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Summer 1 year 1 coming up since restarting
The new forest farm is kinda game breaking. A few good scavenging runs, combined with knowing things to watch out for, has led me to:
Copper axe, copper watering pot, iron axe(had constant money to immediately upgrade the next tool), level 70 of the mines
Already got my silo up, coop will be going before summer ends, got my tree farm up running and taped for future kegs, hardwood all day every day and plan to grab iron axe next.
Shiiiiit
Game breaking forest

You still want 2 chickens 2 ducks starting out for artisnal purposes or what these days?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Was it tweaked so no irdium outside of skull mines, geo's or chest while fishing? I keep running 110 through 120 of regular mines, haven't gone joja or sprite monsters yet as only fall 1, so no skull mines yet

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

Buy the green house before the first winter and fill it with Cranberries.

That's basically the plan no matter which route you go
I'm totally doing community center, for the first time, and i am in winter. Hops, cranberries and whatever odd plants i need for bundles are all planted

Beer and sashimi for everyone!!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
After 200 some hours in the game, split between pc, xbox and ps4 now, i finally did a run through where i did the community center
Summer year 2 day 10 competed

Holy poo poo. Totally worth it
Skill wise i seem to be better in general, actually have been gifting for a while and money has been easy as can be

Glad i finally saw the cut scene. Now if only could get a drat ancient seed and start mass producing it i would be complete

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Read a few pages back (and also some about 40 pages back) but my question is, is there still that sheep/pig bug with respect to deluxe items? I've googled it, there's nothing more recent than November but I don't see anyone complaining about it recently so I'm curious if I need to get a mod or not.

I'm on the ps4, now, i give my pigs no love and they are still at max hearts
With 8 pigs i average 8 to 14 a day with the double skill procing sometimes

So that isn't effecting me on the ps at least

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I've got one game saved that has restored the community center, a greenhouse full of rare fruits, and solved Mr. Qi's riddles. Are there any major plotlines I've missed?

Have you been judged by your dead father and romanced everyone?
Whats your current status with doves?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Sashimi and/or beer. Win at life my friend
Poppers once you got a surplus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

if you love someone, you should remember what they like instead of being a sashimi giving pleb.

Except for Sebastian, he needs to let me in his room already.

If you really loved Sebastian....you would know his love isn on fact. .
Sashimi