Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Jakse posted:

Welp gonna have to get this for sure now. I burned out on Terraria but hoping this is Harvest Moon enough to get me more than 17 hours.

I am interested, why does this game getting greenlit make it a must buy for you?

Does steam really add that much to a game that you would pass over a game like this (only serious Harvest Moon type game on our platform) if it didn't have Steam support? I do find the attitude that Steam is a requirement for a game to be good an odd one, and I struggle to understand it. Especially for these super-indie, one/two man developers, who need our support, and they need it even more if they were unlucky enough not to get greenlit.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I don't think the "they're all mentally disabled" argument has much merit, but it is pretty drat lame that they're all white. This is America's Heartland, no minorities allowed. It's too real. :v:

Is the game set in America? I thought it was fictional.

I don't think we should expect someone's fictional world to relate to ours in terms of race. A fictional world where everyone is white, or everyone is black, or everyone is a cross between a human and an animal, is perfectly fine. (except the animal thing, that isn't really fine).

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Chantilly Say posted:

If you're making a fictional world and it's all one color of people, you either deliberately chose not to put anybody else in it or you just straight-up forgot to put them in.

Dunno about that.

I am involved in a rural community here in the UK. The UK in general is a real melting pot, you don't get much more multicultural. We are animal breeders in rural Lincolsnhire (My wife breeds and sells horses) and I know literally hundreds of farmers, animal breeders, animal welfare and conservation workers, vets, farriers, butchers/abattoir workers, forrestry commision staff, hunters and feed merchants. Exactly one of these people is not British White (and she is French white).

If I was creating a world based on our rural life, I would probably not include dark skin unless I was doing so artificially in the hope people wouldn't call me racist. Which I think we can all agree is the wrong reason to do anything. I certainly wouldn't consider myself racist for doing this, though judging by a few posts in this thread some others would consider me racist.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 14, 2013

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

LordAdakos posted:

Sadly it's not comic sans!

Would fit nicely with the game's theme I think.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Avocados posted:

Latest blog post said single player was 99% done (content-wise id assume), and that all thats left was debugging and polish. Multiplayer infrastructure has a ways to go it seems. Progress seems pretty consistent and I think we're far out of vapor-ware zone at this point.

Absolutely. Obviously it won't be this year, but I am fairly confident of a spring/summer 2016 release. So won't be too long now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Clitch posted:

No! Somebody has to do something! I'm the only person on the Internet who's not afraid to bitch about anime! Me! I'm the hero! I'm like Paul Revere, riding through the countryside! The animes are coming! The animes are coming! How would you know that anime is bad, if I didn't tell you every time the opportunity vaguely presents itself!? You wouldn't! Look at that big sweat drop on that character! That is soooooo loving anime, and it makes me so loving angry!

You are doing God's work.