Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I really don't mind the graphics, it look nicer if the background wasn't poo brown but I assume down the road that will be something randomly generated. A big part of randomly generated content for me is exploring so I hope it doesn't just dump you into combat every time and sometimes you'll have to search through an asteroid field or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Assault Squad is genuinely amazing, proper simulation stuff goes a long way into making things feel right. Nothing like watching a tank demolish a building by driving through it and using the half destroyed house as cover.

Supreme Commander also did the tracking everything thing. Artillery could shoot down airplanes if they flew into the shell.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Orv posted:

gently caress thaaaaaaat.

Real answer, I've been eternally fascinated by fighting games since I didn't have any good arcades growing up and in the last few years I've tried pretty hard to get into them, but the ratio of time invested to immediate fun is fairly out of reach for video games.

It's like Starcraft 2. I wanna like it but drat the amonut of bullshit just to play simple multiplayer matches is extraordinary and it's not worth it.

Once I realized I was trying to learn build orders and doing certain things at X amount of time I was like gently caress this! I'm gonna play some simple dummy RTS.

• Locked thread