Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truncated
Sep 10, 2010

Choujin posted:

I can't actually remember what it was called, but it was a type of Thai milk tea I was given by a friend. Was orange (but it didn't have oranges in it) and tasted rich, milky, and a bit savory.

That's just Thai tea, it's an orangish color regularly and almost everywhere puts milk in it. It's pretty good without the milk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I drink green tea on a daily basis in hopes that the antioxidants will be good for my skin. When I'm feeling under the weather or just want a hot, sweet drink, I microwave apple juice and sprinkle cinnamon sugar in it. It really helps for some reason.

Coffee itself bewilders and disgusts me, but I really like coffee flavor. Whole milk flavored with Coffeetime syrup is really good. It's like chocolate milk, only with coffee instead of chocolate.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

bathroomrage posted:

When I moved to Cape Cod, I was introduced to two wonderful drinks. One was Moxie, which has been mentioned at least once in this thread before.

The other was this, sold at the world's seediest looking Job Lot.

It is tart, crisp and surprisingly sweet, and it's loving delicious.

Yes, that reminds me, straight Ocean Spray Cranberry juice is so good.

"Oh but it's so tart!"

Sorry you have a line of vaginas for an esophagus, that poo poo is delicious.

Noggahide
May 16, 2009
I am a piece of shit retard
I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur for soda. So, the top of my list is this amazing concoction !!!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I exclusively drink seltzer water now. Just as refreshing, flavored varieties have great taste, and infinitely more healthy since HFCS tastes and is nasty.

That said, I do like a well brewed black coffee, and when I feel like rewarding myself, any sort of ginger ale. Spicy stuff, not any of that bullshit not-spicy Canada Dry garbage. Good ginger ale is a great mixer, too.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
About ten years ago in Australia I bought a bottle of juice drink. It was mostly tomato juice about 70%, some else, possibly carrot, at around 20% and a little lime juice. I brought it home and drank it that night, it was the most delicious drink I ever tasted. When I went back to the store the next day and they had none left :( I never saw that drink again and I forget the brand and exact ingredients. I just remember the taste blowing me away with the lime juice making a big impact.

Has anyone got a clue what it might have been?

\/\/\/ No thats not it. Thanks though.

bpower has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Feb 3, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

bpower posted:

About ten years ago in Australia I bought a bottle of juice drink. It was mostly tomato juice about 70%, some else, possibly carrot, at around 20% and a little lime juice. I brought it home and drank it that night, it was the most delicious drink I ever tasted. When I went back to the store the next day and they had none left :( I never saw that drink again and I forget the brand and exact ingredients. I just remember the taste blowing me away with the lime juice making a big impact.

Has anyone got a clue what it might have been?

Sounds like Mr & Mrs T's

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I forget if I mentioned Big Shot root beer earlier in the thread, but I consider myself a connoisseur of root beers, and it is the best I've ever tasted. I first discovered it on a college road trip to New Orleans in the late '90s, since that is the only place it's sold. I was lucky enough to take a few other trips to New Orleans back then (a gig with my old band, a trip to Mardi Gras, a friend's bachelor party) and tried to stock up as much as I could every time.

I haven't been back to New Orleans since 2001, and Big Shot has been impossible to obtain ever since. They don't ship it, and nobody sells it online. I was beginning to think I imagined how good it was, but then I happened to mention it to an occasional work colleague who is from there, and who travels back home occasionally. Last year, she was kind enough to bring me back three bottles, and it was as good as I remembered:

There is no "bite" to it like Barq's, no complex flavors of medicinal herbs. It's very smooth and creamy, almost like a blend of root beer and vanilla cream soda. Sweet, refreshing, desserty. Big Shot is definitely not a fancy, upmarket soda brand -- they use HFCS and produce several other flavors (mostly fruity) -- but it's still one of the most delicious drinks I've ever had, and I wish I had a more reliable source for it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

miscellaneous14 posted:

The best part about going to Germany, next to Greek restaurants around every corner.

It's basically a fusion of Orange Fanta and Coke. You can technically reproduce it by just putting orange non-alcoholic triple sec in a Coke or with one of those crazy drink dispensers they have in a few restaurants, but it will never be as good as Mezzo.

Just saw this thread, sad I couldn't be the one to say Mezzo Mix. I will miss Europe and the sweet, sweet taste of Mezzo Mix for the rest of my life.

no_shit_columbo
Jul 26, 2013

Tonic Water, love that poo poo.

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
I have a serious love affair with Arizona Sweet Tea. I've had some of the other kinds Arizona sells but they pale in comparison to Sweet Tea. When I got pregnant with my son the nurse informed me that I could no longer have my wonderful sugar liquid. I wanted to oval office punch her even though it was not her fault. She didn't MAKE the tea. She just ruined it for me. I had to go cold turkey and switch to water or other non-caffeinated drinks. It was horrible. gently caress YOU, WATER.

However...Yoo-hoo will always be my favorite thing in the world. Sorry boyfriend and child, Momma has to have her chocolatey drank.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
A comparison of my top three brands of ginger ale - Reed's, Schweppes, & Canada Dry.

The raspberry is my favorite. Tangy, nicely carbonated, with just the right amount of sweetness and flavour. :) The spiced apple comes next - a truly unique combination of apple cider & ginger ale. The premium is sweetened only with honey, which is nice to see.

Schweppes isn't nearly as strong as Reed's, but it has bold carbonation, and is less sweet than Canada Dry. The raspberry is quite addictive!

They also apparently have dry grape & black cherry flavours, which I have yet to see in my area...

The standard in mainstream ginger ale. I personally find it kind of weak, but it gets the job done when Schweppes isn't around. :cool:

The cranberry is seasonal - it's all right. The green tea is fantastically refreshing. The white tea/raspberry is a good blend, but it appears to have been discontinued. Oh well... :|

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

I don't think it's really a near-beer, it's more of a malt soda.

ArcMage has a new favorite as of 14:33 on May 31, 2014

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
The original Mt. Dew Pitch Black, from 2004. They re-released it a year later in a sour version and it tasted like poo poo.

5-Alive was also loving great, but they apparently stopped selling it in my state a long time ago.

These days I drink a lot of iced tea (either home made or Arizona). Arizona has this raspberry Arnold Palmer that I like a lot.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Haerc posted:

The original Mt. Dew Pitch Black, from 2004. They re-released it a year later in a sour version and it tasted like poo poo.

5-Alive was also loving great, but they apparently stopped selling it in my state a long time ago.

These days I drink a lot of iced tea (either home made or Arizona). Arizona has this raspberry Arnold Palmer that I like a lot.

They re-released Pitch Black in the original form a year or two ago for summer. Personally, I always liked the sour one more myself.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

ArcMage posted:

I don't think it's really a near-beer, it's more of a malt soda.

This with a scoop of ice cream is fantastic.

Reed's ginger ale is too mild and has a very sweet, odd flavor too it. The Goya one with the parrot on it is pretty good though, if I recall.

I had a weird soda today that comes in a red can, bought from a mexican grocery store called Milca. Tastes like liquid Red Vines, sort of like that Big Red soda you can get at White Castles in TN.

Best thing I've had recently though is this tarragon soda called Tapxyh, or something. Tastes like anise or licorice, really, but without a rooty caramel bite like Moxie.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Zesty Mordant posted:

Reed's ginger ale is too mild and has a very sweet, odd flavor too it.

The extra strong is one of the most powerful ginger ales I've ever had.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Synthetic Hermit posted:

If you're into extra-strong ginger ales see if you can get your hands on this, though I don't see it much outside of the south their site has a product locator:

Red cap or bust. Gold is okay, still far spicier than most ginger ales, never tried diet, but the original extra hot is really the way to go.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 04:50 on May 30, 2014

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
back when I lived in CA Cactus cooler was my jam

For some reason it is only available on the west coast, so every year when I visit family I bring back a couple cases with me.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I wish they still made Jolt. I liked the blue kind.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Oh, also:

Najboljša pijača iz Slovenije.

A stone cold bitch to find here though.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't drink so I also have a lot!

I love tea. Green tea, tea with milk and sugar, herbal tea. None of the teas with artificial stuff.

For carbonated I love Zevia root beer, made with stevia but it can be pricey so I limit myself to having it every Friday with lunch to savour it. Not only that, it is the only flavour that consistently sells out. Though I do occasionally spoil myself because I loving love a good root beer or cream soda.

Since we get six hard months of winter, I love hot chocolate, I only recently introduced to Swiss Miss (I don't think you can get it in Canada), and the dark chocolate one is amazing.

Oooooh and in the summer I am a total sucker for decaf skinny iced mochas.

And of course, a tall ice cold glass of water with lemon, sometimes cucumber. So refreshing.

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 15:08 on May 31, 2014

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

In The Big Lebowski, The Stranger asks the bartender if he has any Sarsaparilla. The bartender says, "Sioux City Sarsaparilla?", and The Stranger replies, "Yeah, that's the good one."

Let me tell you, it loving kicks rear end. Each bottle is only like .99 cents, too. I've had the Root Beer and Birch Beer, too. All are very good, but the GRANDADDY is the best by far. Sarsaparilla is like a badass root beer, but instead of sassafras, it uses smilax regelii, an ingredient that used to be used as a curative herb. It has a strong bite, and an aftertaste that sticks around and makes you want another swig.

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 16:14 on May 31, 2014

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grrl Anachronism posted:

If you're into extra-strong ginger ales see if you can get your hands on this, though I don't see it much outside of the south their site has a product locator:

Red cap or bust. Gold is okay, still far spicier than most ginger ales, never tried diet, but the original extra hot is really the way to go.

Blenheims is awesome.
For reference, I've always been able to find it in the West at BevMo

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I unironicly love virgin pina coladas. I think adding rum to it ruins it. It's delicious, why add the burn of alcohol to it?

Also carrot juice is fantastic.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Compal (peach), a Portuguese brand of peach nectar:

Too bad i don't in Portugal there since i was six. Although i try to bring a few liters with me everytime i visit. Sadly they don't last long, because you can only carry a limited amount of kilos of it and in summer i drink them fast.

The pictured bottle has to be some kind of export variant as it's in English and French.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

RadioactiveKid posted:

back when I lived in CA Cactus cooler was my jam

For some reason it is only available on the west coast, so every year when I visit family I bring back a couple cases with me.

Might be SW only, I've never seen it in Washington/Oregon. Sounds good though... Carbonated?

Invader Mat
Aug 16, 2012

Haerc posted:

Might be SW only, I've never seen it in Washington/Oregon. Sounds good though... Carbonated?

I was going to post Cactus Cooler too. Definitely my favorite soda. It is carbonated, and super tasty.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Cherry Capri-sun would be my favorite but the amount pisses me off. I want that poo poo in a 20oz!

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Spanish Manlove posted:

Holy poo poo I want to put vodka, gin, or rum in there so badly.

Just as long as it's clear, I drank cranberry ginger ale with bourbon on the rocks and the whole glass looked like a diseased mouth.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

These new (in my area at least) iced teas from Lipton are really nice. They're made without anything artificial. Just tea, sugar, natural flavour, and citric acid, just like ol' Clearly Canadian used to do.

Speaking of CC, they just made their first update in a couple of months. Sales aren't going nearly as brisk as they had hoped. Less than 7,000 out of the minimum 25,000 cases needed for production.

This stuff had a big following in the 90's for a reason - it's one of the best tasting flavoured waters ever, with neat bottles, and real sugar. Even if you've never had it, it's absolutely worth helping out the cause. :)

Further incentive: If you were ever a fan of Orbitz (even just of how it looked on the shelf), CC made it too. If they can pull off this comeback, maybe that champion oddball of drinks will follow.

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
I swear Clearly Canadian used to have a strawberry flavor. Or am I just imagining things? Either way, I should get the husband to pitch in on a case with me.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Canadian Bakin posted:

I swear Clearly Canadian used to have a strawberry flavor. Or am I just imagining things? Either way, I should get the husband to pitch in on a case with me.

Strawberry was indeed a flavour. However, the relaunch is limited to just 4 flavours right now.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Synthetic Hermit posted:

This stuff had a big following in the 90's for a reason - it's one of the best tasting flavoured waters ever, with neat bottles, and real sugar. Even if you've never had it, it's absolutely worth helping out the cause. :)
This is genius marketing on their part. It's as much flavored water as Coca-Cola is. I've seen several people over the years say that they weren't allowed soda as a kid, but their parents bought Clearly Canadian. It's straight-up soda, and still to this day they have people referring to it as "flavored water."

That's not to say it's not delicious.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

This is genius marketing on their part. It's as much flavored water as Coca-Cola is. I've seen several people over the years say that they weren't allowed soda as a kid, but their parents bought Clearly Canadian. It's straight-up soda, and still to this day they have people referring to it as "flavored water."

That's not to say it's not delicious.

It's closer to plain water than it is cola. It only has four ingredients - carbonated spring water, sugar, natural flavour, and citric acid. Cola also has caffeine, phosphoric acid (the stuff that gives it the nickname "garage floor cleaner"), and colour. Then you have total junk like Mountain Dew...

Clearly even had unflavoured sparkling water at some point.

While we're waiting for the original, here's something similar to CC. I've never tried it, but it looks interesting...

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Synthetic Hermit posted:

phosphoric acid (the stuff that gives it the nickname "garage floor cleaner"),

Ah, that popular nickname for soda. Can't tell you how many times I have heard that one.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Faygo Rock & Rye. It's called a cream cola and it's the color of blood. It tastes like heaven on a hot and humid michigan summer day. It goes great over some vanilla ice cream in a float, or it can be mixed with Red Stag but that last one is not for this thread. The best part is that you can get a 2 liter for 99 cents around metro detroit.

Modus Man has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
On the subject of Ginger Ale, I was in Paris for a Rum tasting session last week and a French colleague of mine introduced me to this as they sold it at the place, my god it's absolutely loving heavenly, ordered more online immediately after finishing what I had (It's Chili Ginger Beer) -

• Locked thread