Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Apparently Miley Cyrus's sister is in a pop band, and apparently they actually own?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQnRJbpYOfk

I recommend the EP they released last year, it's only 4 songs but they're all good. Wonder if she'll blow up like Miley did, though this is definitely a bit less chart poppy than she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
The original Sugababes are back as Mutya Keisha Siobhan, they just released a song based on Kendrick Lamar's Swimming Pools, and it's fantastic. Supposedly this is just a little semi-cover that they recorded for a laugh, but I think it's good enough to be a single. Their voices are perfect :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAG1_tvxtyQ

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Florrie is super cool, but the first EP is the best thing she has done. It's hard to top that.

I prefer her second EP, the three middle songs are all amazing. Her best tune is probably Left Too Late though. Anyway, I'm really hyped about her proper album because I love her :allears:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Joramun posted:

Miley Cyrus's wondrous new single with Snoop Dogg Lion was just released, and it's amazing. Very No Doubt-ish. Now this is how you do a career reinvention.
It's really good yeah, although I like the Miley bits a lot more than the Snoop bits (is it him? doesn't sound like how I remember)

Her sister is still better though :colbert:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
She has three EPs that are all well worth listening to, and hopefully an album coming out soonish

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sprat Sandwich posted:

The X-Factor finalist success is pretty hard to predict. I mean you get the usual winners songs (who can disappear after that one song) and some lower placed people like JLS and 1D and Cher Lloyd and Diana Vickers who do pretty well but get dropped and the second album is a joke time-wise (WHERE IS IT VICKO), and then there are the curveballs, like I don't think anyone expected Amelia Lily to break top 20, never mind top 2 (and now she's gone too).

Oh and the Charli XCX album is great, you should listen to it.
The Diana Vickers album should be out later this year! It has a tracklist with track times and everything! And Amelia Lily has a new album out in May! Granted, there's absolutely no guarantee anyone will care about either

and yeah, the Charli XCX album is really nie

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I think he means people have mistaken James Arthur for a serious artist, when he is in fact just a dull one. I think he'll do a bit better than Matt Cardle but I don't really see him being all that popular for very long. He fancies himself a songwriter as well but I bet his songs are terrible

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Just listened to this Tove Lo song like 10 times in a row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG-EIvEiSHs

it's so good :swoon:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Yoshifan823 posted:

God Sky Ferriera is awesome. I loved the Ghost EP she dropped at the beginning of the year, and based on You're Not the One, she's absolutely picked the best path to travel down from it.
Yeah I love this new song, her album's out soon and on the strength of what I've heard from her so far it should be excellent.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Metal Loaf posted:

Going back to this for a moment, does anybody have any thoughts on the childish feud going on (or perhaps it's blown over; I haven't paid a lot of attention) between Miley Cyrus and Sinead O'Connor?
Nothing to say really other than that it's embarrassing for everyone involved

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I liked Friday and I like that as well, like with Friday there's a very catchy and likable pop song underneath all the silliness

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Say Lou Lou have another wonderful track called Maybe You from a while ago (when they were known as Saint Lou Lou). I'm really looking forward to an EP or album from them but I don't know if anything is really happening

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I haven't listened to it, but the main criticism I've heard from people I know who have and who like pop music is that it's just not very good music.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Yeah he's brilliant

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I liked Friday at the time and I still do, I feel bad for her. Do your thing Rebecca Black

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Oh and Charli XCX is releasing a new album in June. In hindsight the debut wasn't as great as it could've been but eh, can't win them all.
It's my favourite album of the year, hit after hit after hit

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm not that fussed about Beyonce but I do think it's super cool that a musician who is THAT big can still just release an album out of nowhere with no leaks at all. Props to Beyonce

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Metal Loaf posted:

I remember being convinced that "Next To Me" and "Read All About It" would be as big in 2012 as "Rolling In the Deep" and "Someone Like You" were in 2011; I guess Adele dominated for too long for anyone similar-sounding to get a proper look in.

I don't really remember Rolling In The Deep coming out at all but I've heard Read All About It loving everywhere since it came out, all the time, which is annoying because I absolutely haaaaate it and Emeli Sande.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Valex posted:

Chinese Food was funny but this video's just really weird for the aforementioned reasons

If Alison was 10 years older this would probably be the closest thing to a legitimate song that guy's pushed out
I genuinely kind of liked Chinese Food, it was so stupid but I like the chorus quite a bit

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Vanbot is pretty cool. Really you can't go wrong with some Swedish sadbangers.

Also there is a new Florrie EP coming this ~spring~ it's called Sirens it's gonna be great.
I'm excited about this because I think she's great but for gently caress's sake, when is she going to do a real album :mad: I read her recent update where she said she'd been working day in day out on her album for a year, so why can't I hear it :( I just feel like I've been listening to her EPs forever with the promise of something bigger always around the everlasting corner

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
There was a good article on Popjustice about that Ed Sheeran song, where they recalled vociferously slandering him in the past but had to admit that the new song was great. Listening to it now for the first time, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about, although it is more palatable than his previous stuff. Sounds a bit Timberlakey. Still not really my thing I don't think

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Baby One More Time is actually good though

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Here's a good Charli XCX song - 'Boom Clap' (featuring clips from some movie).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPMlIIg_38
She's so good :allears:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I honestly think West Coast is one of her best songs, the chorus is so wonderfully dreamy

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Experiments is definitely her best release. I've been a bit underwhelmed by most of the stuff she's done since then, there are a couple of good songs here and there as well as some absolute dross.

also her best song is probably Left Too Late

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
On Asian pop, I really liked Momoiro Clover Z's album from last year.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Did anyone ITT ever get into Nadia Oh

I think she is hilarious and wonderful and brilliant. Colours is one of the best pop albums of the last 5 years, and definitely the funniest. Top Nadia songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRwqJ-6WXT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4oZyp2RuU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Jake Bugg is poo poo and I hate that video

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

the truth posted:

I knew what the song was before I clicked the link.

As did I, because the artist and title appear at the top of the video

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
The Miley album is really cool. I'll definitely be cutting out a lot of it at some point, but there are enough good tracks that it would have made a stellar regular length album. Didn't really think she had this kind of sound in her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Yeah it's great, though I actually think my favourite track is Fish Bowl which is the one where they do a beautiful fuzz rock chorus that's nothing like anything else they've done