Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

pug wearing a hat posted:

I love Lady Gaga. Still haven't seen her live.

I'm still bummed the Gaga/Kanye tour from 2009 never happened :(

Does anyone know if the reason they canceled the tour was really because 50 Cent was like "Gaga and Kanye? Das Gay." ? Or was it a little more involved than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I saw Charli XCX live the other day - and she was fantastic. She even finished her set with A Cover of "I Want it That Way . She's playing really small venues for like $12, so if she's coming near you, go for it, have a bunch of drinks, and have fun :)

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

aBagorn posted:

Look at this predictive (sort of) post.

Coldplay gets sole billing, probably with some ridiculously mismatched guest artists (J Cole? Kanye?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyKfA4wWeI

:colbert:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Superrodan posted:

Why is Lost Boy by Ruth B becoming so popular? It seems like the opposite of everything else people want on the radio, and the subject matter seems a bit out of place the year after the latest attempt to revitalize Peter Pan was a huge bomb.

Every time I hear it, I briefly forget that "Lost Boys" was a Peter Pan thing and just think of the vampire movie

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Solomon Gumball posted:

Asia/Oceania always gets announced later. It has to do with logistics, I'm sure she'll announce a run of shows around that area of the globe. It's just hauling the equipment, etc. is more money, time, etc. to there than the rest of the world.

She's probably playing arenas, I think like Charli she'd be great to see in mid-size club. Was she even touring when Ocean Eyes and all that were big? I wish I could have seen her then.

My top pretentious "saw them before they were big" show was Charli in like 2013 at a venue that held 300 people. It was BUMPIN

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Does anyone have a recommended "K-pop: A Primer" type article? Something that is more than just a playlist of the 30 songs to get a newbie into KPop, and explains a bit about the key songs and how they influenced each other?

Or is the whole point of K-pop "shut up you idiot this shits a BOP"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Hell yeah thanks for the writeup and the billboard link!