Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Justin Timblerlake Part II has surfaced
I'm almost done with my first listen and it's not really doing much for me at all :smith:

20 20 Experience really surprised me and remains one of my favorite albums of this year. This just sounds like a bunch of less than impressive b-sides to that album so far. Take Back The Night and Drink You Away are the only tracks I've really enjoyed.

e: The second half of Amnesia and all of Only When I Walk Away are really good and more like what I wanted to hear from this album.

All of Not A Bad Thing but especially the second half sounds like a new NSYNC song, so take that how you will.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We have the cover now

Lady Gaga is
MIA in
ARTPOP

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

nyquil hangover posted:

The tracklist for the new Britney album is out!

The titles are really intriguing. I'm excited to hear Alien
I hope it's about James Franco's character in Spring Breakers. After all, there is a scene in that movie in which James Franco's character (named Alien) and the girls that hang around him go on a crime spree set to Britney's "Everytime".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr. McCheese posted:

Sadly, ARTPOP is below "The Best of Nickelback" on this week's Australian charts.
Is it any good? I have it on my hard drive but I haven't actually given it a proper listen yet. I've heard a couple of the singles but that's it.

I've been hearing it's kind of a flop sales-wise :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

het posted:

It's pretty great; I mean it's all of Nickelback's best songs, all on one disc. If you're not familiar with the band, definitely a good introduction.
Oh har har, het! :mmmhmm:

I think I've heard all the Nickelback I ever want to hear and I haven't even heard them in quite some time.

Also, Haim is performing on SNL right now and I hadn't heard them before this but I honestly think I need to check out the rest of their stuff now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why were the Chili Peppers only around for like half a song? The way it was announced, I thought they were going to be given equal time, but most of the time was spent on Bruno. I mean, I was okay with that because Bruno killed it, but yeah, why were they even there at all if that's all they were going to do? It was like Bruno Mars ft. The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wandle Cax posted:

The way it was announced was that Bruno Mars would be doing it. Then later on it was announced that RHCP would be joining him just because he personally invited them. So it was always going to be a cameo appearance. He just likes them and wanted them there.
Oh, okay. I didn't even know who was doing it before the Super Bowl aired. I meant it was announced as Bruno Mars and RHCP right before the halftime show aired.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sail is loving terrible. Radioactive wasn't that bad the first few times I heard it but now I'm reeeeeally tired of hearing it. I feel like I've been hearing it forever at this point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The human race must be destroyed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Isn't Sail also the song in those internet explorer ads. Anyways that song is bad also the Radioactive song is just generic as hell. Yes there are worse songs out there, but that doesn't change the fact that both of these songs are indeed bad.
Nope, that's this, which has 50 million views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjLbMZFmo

You would think that this dude is the frontman for Imagine Dragons from listening to the chorus (the part that's in the Internet Explorer commercial), but nope, different generic dude.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New thread title is incredible :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://itunes.apple.com/us/station/first-play-coldplay-ghost/idra.862722892

Coldplay's new album Ghost Stories is streaming on iTunes, if you want to check it out. Although I can't recommend it. I'm listening to it now and the only real high point so far has been Chris Martin trying to do his best Bon Iver impression on Midnight, but even that's not all that interesting. It stunned me when I first heard it a few months ago because it sounded so different from everything they'd done before, but now that I've heard it a few times, any fondness I may have ever had for that song is gone. And that's a single for Christ's sakes! The other singles are Magic, which isn't bad but not particularly impressive either, and A Sky Full Of Stars which is produced by Avicii and sounds like the most generic EDM/pop artist collaboration possible.

There's only 9 tracks on this thing, though, so even though there ain't much worth getting excited about here, at least it's over fairly quickly and doesn't drag on forever.

It's a shame because in the past, they've put out some crazy infectious singles and a bunch of other songs that, while they may not have been anything groundbreaking, were at least fun to listen to over and over again, but there's nothing from either side on here.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 13, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yoshifan823 posted:

Guys, something important and seismically world-changing just happened.

Taylor Swift got a kitten.
I'm not a fan of her music at all but this picture is loving adorable.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

is a terrible song but the video's alright.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

keevo posted:

Is it bad that I really like this new Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjEYCUJuh-g
This sounds like every other Calvin Harris-produced pop song. It's not terrible, this one just isn't particularly interesting either after hearing so many of his other tracks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Iggy Azalea was on SNL last night and it was not very good. Without Charli XCX, Fancy is surprisingly mediocre.
Well that and she was exclusively lip synching, and badly too.

Somebody made an Aphex Twin/Taylor Swift mashup album and parts of it actually work pretty well, what the gently caress :staredog:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I listened to the album. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It's way more palatable than anything she's done before in my eyes. Style is the loving poo poo, though. Why the hell was Shake It Off the lead single? gently caress Shake It Off. Style should've been.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Go! Team is probably one of the most creative and fun to listen to indie pop/rock bands I've ever heard, and that teaser sounds pretty great, so I'm excited for this :D

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The song is wayyyyyy better than the video. Holy poo poo is that video bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Elucidarius posted:

So I'd never heard the Weeknd(only heard of) until this post but holy poo poo. I'm sold.

Edit: This thread keeps me current with pop music. I am hooked on Carly Rae Jepsen's new CD too because of this thread.
Start from the beginning with him, though. He's gotten a lot poppier, and while he still makes some interesting tunes here and there, his most interesting stuff came out a while ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9DgavXiN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ex38L8xtNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_YyRBYZjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsdmtOYtxNk

Even some of the songs on his major label debut (which came out in 2013) are loving dope and less poppy/more experimental than what he's putting out now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYO77zNhWl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0TaqaxVv_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN84vAqO9NY

It's not like he's totally done making less poppy/more experimental sounding stuff. He's still got some left in him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzTuBuRdAyA

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 3, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

^burtle posted:

Really confused how Ryan Adams can just re-do Tay's whole album and still charge for it?
Tay seemed thrilled that he was doing it. They probably worked out some kind of deal since he has her permission.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ryan Adams' 1989 is so loving good so far :swoon: I'm a big fan of the original but these alternate takes on those songs are great too. Style was probably my favorite song on the original, and here it's repurposed beautifully. Sounds like it wouldn't be out of place at all on the radio in the 80s.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

somnambulist posted:

No one is talking about Adele's new song?

I like it, her voice sounds very clear and beautiful. It's not as catchy as some of her other singles but it's nice to see her back. I wonder how well it'll do on the radio, obviously it's going to sell very well.
Her voice is still as powerful as ever but I didn't really care for the song itself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

interpunct posted:

Carly Rae just slayed me. I am dead.
drat, some sweet lighting at that airport.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Adele is boring and rolling in the deep was her only good song. ty and god bless
She's got an outstanding voice, but yeah, a lot of songs she lends her voice to are boring as poo poo, including the majority of her new album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm sure I've posted it in the drum & bass thread before, but this is one of my favorite Adele songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqR3J2B09DE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Elucidarius posted:

Does Sleigh Bells count as pop? Their new song is awesome! :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqGM0jGLl0
I was wondering what this was doing in the pop thread and then I listened to it.

I miss their noisy sound :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I am not at all hot on that new Yonce track but the one thing I hope people take away from it is that Big Freedia rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wandle Cax posted:

I've heard some people like Ed Sheeran
Those people don't know poo poo about music.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's 20 tracks on the album and at most a handful of those are great. And some from that handful were released well before the album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park. Had I been told it was any number of other pop groups, I probably would've believed it. It's so BLAND.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Chris Martin is a pretty bad singer. He sounds like he has a cold.
and yet he still manages to play music :downsrim:

Seriously though, this:

Sir Lemming posted:

Coldplay has written some phenomenal pop songs.
until like 10 years ago when that stopped being true.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionArcher posted:

False. Also, they are the best live show I've ever seen.
I imagine they would've been awesome to see on the Viva La Vida tour or any tour before that, but literally everything they've put out since then is soooooooooooooo booooooooooooring.

From what I remember, I tried listening to A Head Full Of Dreams and I couldn't even make it all the way through because I was just bored out of my loving skull. No part of it was interesting or even catchy in any way.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The new Paramore song...is not.

I'm posting this in here because they're pretty much a full-blown pop group now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Their last album has a handful of really great songs, and Daydreaming might be one of my favorite of theirs ever. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them to keep up some of their old sound. I got into them around the time Riot! came out so that's more my poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not even clicking on that because Save Rock & Roll was already the whackest poo poo imaginable

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay I just listened to that new Fall Out Boy song and hahahahahaha, what the gently caress :psyboom:

It's like bafflingly bad.

I would take the new Linkin Park songs over that any day of the week. Jesus.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Die Sexmonster! posted:

There's a thread for it, but the Gorillaz album mentioned here is fuckin' incredible. Much better than the early release singles implied.
Is it? Because I listened to the whole thing yesterday and the production was great but not a single song stuck out to me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

Since there's no Beatles thread (which is fine, I don't suppose we really need one) I just want to mention that the Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary remix/deluxe edition is available on streaming services now. (It's analogous to the 2-CD package, not the mega-deluxe version with an additional CD of outtakes and other stuff.) Listened to the album proper on the way to work and it sounded great. I grew up with the stereo CD version and it always sounded a little flimsy because of the wide stereo separation. This version fixes that, and also just sounds incredibly clean since they went back to the original tapes. Also, "She's Leaving Home" is sped up, as it was originally intended. (I'm probably always going to be partial to the normal-speed version, as I don't really enjoy the sound of pitch-altered vocals, but objectively it's important that all the songs on the album be at the key and tempo that the band wanted...)

In short I would say the album sounds bigger and smaller at the same time. Tighter and leaner, but more complete. Probably not as new for people who grew up on the mono version, but it'll sound cleaner at least.
Listening now and I'm pretty much having exactly the same reaction I had to hearing 1 Remastered like a month or so ago: oh my god, this sounds amazing. How are these songs I've been hearing for my entire life sounding better than they ever have before?! :stare::fh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cerepol posted:

For Spotify users is this the correct release of Sgt peppers everyone is taking about?

https://open.spotify.com/album/6QaVfG1pHYl1z15ZxkvVDW
Nah, this one https://open.spotify.com/album/3LXItxKnnJcEDc5QdTc00n

They list its release date as 1967 which makes it difficult but it's listed as the Artist's Pick and the copyright info at the bottom says 2017.