Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I just noticed that when Max see his first spirit, it's a Doctopi that's come to feed on Johnny's pain after Max bounced a scooter off his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The alt text is definitely part of the experience to me. Today's is quite good.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Razorwired posted:

In case anyone was wondering these are the monsters in Attack the Block:

Also Zack's right and you should watch that movie.

The neatest effect on the monsters doesn't come across as well in stills.

Their fur absorbs all light.

Bonus Paul Robertson version.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Necromantid are just a poor man's Dethspasm.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Brannock posted:

They're heavily referential to cyber-dogs from some movie.

Also, they're spirits - spirits generally only vaguely resemble the real-world animal analogues.

Seems like they're based on the monsters from Attack the Block.

But as a character in the movie points out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The thing that catches my eye is SOMETHING IS TOTALLY OPENING A SECRET WALL DOOR WHILE BL'S BACK IS TURNED!

max and boss leader giving aslan sacrilegious noogies.gif I don't get it :(

Aslan is Jesus Christ in lion form. Picture a grown woman and child grabbing the Son of God by his loincloth and giving him a wedgie.