Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
It's from a few pages back but if Johnny's getting the most annoying power it has to be the plunger and the self replication. A hundred Johnnies saying "thanks for making me people, bro." would be the best callback ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Also if you tell a guy about your magnet snake and he shows you his secret door you're gonna be good friends.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Zerilan posted:

If Zack gets an online store started that just sells all the shirt designs that his characters have worn in the comic he would pretty much end up with all of my money.

I've been helping someone open a daycare and would kill for the insolent children shirt.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
That fan art makes me want to see a crossover where Isabel and Ed throw down against Almond and Peridot.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Fried Chicken posted:

I want to give that shirt to my god daughter.

Also, that is totally a bathrobe, not a ghi

It's his tool. His power is giving zero fucks and other grampa things.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Grandpa and Isabel are both Red Spectrals right? Have we seen two of the same color yet? It'd be interesting if things worked out in some kind of color code like reds are usually constructs, blues are more classic elements, etc.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cheston posted:

Ed's Room: Paint everywhere, or paint everything?

Make everything out of paint.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cheston posted:

Huh, I thought it was just Memorial Day. Well, here's hoping that on Friday a swift jab will become six dolphins.

Here's hoping that Isabel and Ed's grandpa is at the dream meeting and pissed at Spender for not properly training his progeny.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I would also guess that Spender's organization has Spectral Fists running around, and they wouldn't need tools.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Man, it's still only day 3? Time is a glacier in this town. I figured we had jumped ahead a bit.

That's what happens when you hang out with freeze frame addicts.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

pik_d posted:

A guitar plunger would basically be the most awesome tool.

FTFY

I'm glad we get to see Johnny and his avant-garde bully crew again. There's something amazing about the way they acknowledge their irrational fears and immediately follow with, "Oh, don't get us wrong. We're still going to bash your face for being different."

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

theshim posted:

The last Supernormal is still my favorite, it's just perfect.

Also Isabel with a pretzel cigar is perfect avatar material.

If I had to pick a Supernormal it would probably be Johnny's High Five. He really is the best bully.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Prison Warden posted:

Looking at that page and thinking back, have we ever seen Issac use normal spectral energy the way that Ed, Isabel and Spender can? I think we've only ever seen him using his weather powers. Maybe a limitation of Mediums? They lose any ability to use their spectral energy on their own because it all goes to the spirit, and instead have to rely on their spirit's powers.

Isaac has also shown disinterest in the combat side of the Activity Club. Between that and how leery other Spectrals get around Mediums he probably doesn't see the point in hanging around Isabel or the dojo forever learning Spectral Fist. Plus he's kinda overconfident in his weather powers. Which is similar to the reason Ed and Isabel slack off in their training.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Tenebrais posted:

Sounds likely, though those could also just be generic spectral energy like Isabel is using in the second link.

When Spender makes his big spectral arm thing it's transparent like other spectral constructs. You can't see through his little Starchman stars and dispelling them caused a big flash effect so it's not impossible to think that they're a special function of his tool.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Angry Walrus posted:

Isabel said "the six of us" but Max, Ed, Isabel, Isaac, and Spender only make five. So...who's the sixth?

Eightfold

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
In case anyone was wondering these are the monsters in Attack the Block:

Also Zack's right and you should watch that movie.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Onean posted:

Maybe there's less game and more spirit involved in Ed's game than is apparent?

It's my secret hope is that at some point Ed masters the Spec-shot to the point that he starts calling it the Supreme Universe Beam.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Slime posted:

Well, there isn't anything saying people can't have multiple Tools. But I imagine you'd have to get the spirits to cooperate, since they both want to slurp up the wielder's spectral energy to resurrect themselves. And from the way Bunny Spirit talked, becoming a Tool is for some reason something it doesn't want to do, if the unethical way he mentioned is what I'm thinking it is.

Being a Tool means that you have very limited agency. Magnet Snake is able to take over Max every now and then but we haven't seen that happening with other Spectrals. Plus the bat was sitting in a supply closet for who knows how long.

On top of that the Spectral that finally stumbles on you and has the corresponding aura is a completely unknown factor. Imagine being the spirit that gets stuck with someone like Johnny.

So you have a spirit looking at:

- No ability to move around on its own
- Waiting around until a psychic with the right color shows up
- Dealing with what you get in a Spectral

It works out for little spirits like Eightfold who seem to become more powerful with a big well of energy like Isabel around. But for big storm gods and apocalyptic world snakes it's got to be a huge pain in the rear end piggybacking on some 10-year old.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Shindragon posted:

loving lost it at Johnny being Vegeta. It seems all of Issac anime spikey hair powers got transferred to Johnny.

Now this chapter is about Max dying and possessing Johnny.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

quote:

Who would win in a fight Goku or Batman. The answer is who cares

The best guy in comics.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Calaveron posted:

It's just a freaky deer spirit thanking you for collecting seven plot items. This is something that happens in Paper Mario.
This latest page has a spiky-haired scarred karate lady pinning someone with her chin and blasting her with a single ki blast from her index finger. There is nothing animer.

Isaac spontaneously goes into an anime freeze frame on the next page.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Oh my :sparkles:stars! Is a genius speech bubble and it needs way more recognition.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
After seeing the possessed agents in Spender's dream I hope Isaac's possession ends in a big cloudfro.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

MikeJF posted:

BRB kickstarting Paranatural tag-team fighting game.

How much do you have to donate to get a Starchman Star?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Prison Warden posted:

Speaking of Spender's treatment of Issac, and the wisdom/good sense comment last time, I'm pretty sure doorman's relationship with Issac is gonna end up loving over everyone royally at some point and it'll all be Spender's fault for treating Issac like poo poo.

Isaac and Spender's collective anime levels are so high that a student/mentor duel is inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr. Buttass posted:

Oh please. Everyone knows RJ's the real power behind the throne. No one with hair that fabulous is ever not the most evil.

RJ is actually a Medium. Their power is making Johnnies.