Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is pretty well my favorite comic on the internet right now! Hurray!

I adore this comic...shame it only updates on fridays. I guess this will be the premier Thank Goodness It's Friday Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Yo just wanna point out the color theory on zack's latest page. It's strong as heck, look at Isaac's hair. So Good...I hope he finds a way to monitize this, it's so good and strong and true and awesome.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

MikeJF posted:

Anyone feel that he'd get a lot more readers picking this up if he redid the first... eight or so pages? I was initially turned off by the first page when I saw it, not knowing that it hikes practically up to the current level of quality within just a few.

Redoing pages can be pretty darn toxic to a webcomic creator. I think it's fine, and Paranatural is doing fine. I'm certain if he kickstarted a book he'd do well too. I love Paranatural, but I'm just happy to get a once a week update, given...other comics update even less frequently. Keep in mind, the Paranatural pages tend to be full spreads and not just a few panels. He could probably uncondense his friday update into 2 or 3 times a week if he wanted to, but it wouldn't be as cool in my opinion. Not to mention he's probably juggling school, real life, job whatever else on top of this.

There's also something pretty darn charming and inspiring of seeing how fast Paranatural jumps in quality.

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 6, 2013

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Cat Mattress posted:

On the other hand, some poet once said: "Hasten slowly, and without losing heart, twenty times over put your work back on the loom, ceaselessly polish and polish it again, add to it sometimes, and often delete." So YMMV I guess.

Right, but I imagine you can apply that quote any page instead of the work as a whole...otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the amazing improvement we do..and it'd be more along the lines of something like Dominic Deegan...which seems to be 'good enough first draft' mentality. Besides, I'm desperate to see what happens next. :ohdear:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Haledjian posted:

That was actually really well-written and weighty. This just keeps getting better.

Yeah, goes to show you can have good dialogue heavy word bubbles and still make it interesting... Doorman doesn't even have a face, yet it's really emotive.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I'd just like to say, Isaac would make an amazing future villain in this series... you can't help but feel for the dude.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Johnny is the best....I don't even care what happens as long as we get to see more of him.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Paranatural is updating Mondays AND Fridays now? :holy:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This is absolutely amazing...

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Wind God Sety posted:

I mean we can agree to disagree, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the writing on this page but if you don't like it that's cool, but you don't have to be a tool about it.

It's pretty well written. Doing straightforward dialogue is actually really difficult, when you don't immediately have jokes to hide behind. I think Zack did a great job with this page. Forge sounds like a bit of a blowhard, which I think is part of the character. This isn't like, soapboxing author mouthpiece type stuff.

I'm not sure how valid the opinion is of a dude who can't even read it correctly the first time. It seems vast hyperbole to call someone a bad writer for an awkward line delivered by an awkward character, to another awkward character.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

We literally played "love ball" in elementary school. Did other schools have this? Because "dodge ball" was banned. It was basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks