Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hell, I just want an Insolent Children shirt. Also,
You are truly wonderful. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I want a shirt that says Pants.

Counterpoint: QC sells new shirts constantly.

Counter-counterpoint: So does Ryan North.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
To put it into perspective, Zack currently makes ~$1500 from Patreon. Keep in mind that this number is after all fees are taken out. In comparison, let's say Zack takes $15 for every $20 shirt he sells. He'd have to sell 100 shirts a month every month in order to keep even. That's honestly not too inconceivable for a few months, front loaded the first month, but past that it drops off sharply. He could make a new shirt available every two or three months, but that's not a long-term viable plan.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Counterpoint: QC sells new shirts constantly.

On top of

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

which likely makes many times the amount of money the shirts do.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

neogeo0823 posted:

I would buy that. And if there were a shirt that could somehow go from Insolent Children to hole, I'd buy the utter poo poo out of that.
Maybe some kind of thermal colour changing , uh, stuff?

I would overpay for an official big spender glasses and driving gloves set.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Can I just get a shirt with Spender holding hands with Cucumber's Dad that says "BIG SPENDERS"?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

Thats actually down a little bit; he was getting close to 10k a month not too long ago.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Patreon changed how they displayed their numbers. Before the totals were what people were paying, before any cuts were taken out. Now the total they display is what the creator receives, after all cuts have been taken out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onean posted:

Patreon changed how they displayed their numbers. Before the totals were what people were paying, before any cuts were taken out. Now the total they display is what the creator receives, after all cuts have been taken out.
drat, good for Zack, then. $1500 a month is actually pretty livable, if that's what's actually going into his pocket.

Edit Depending on where he lives, of course.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 2, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he lives in georgia i think ?? maybe with taylor

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I genuinely had no idea the one with Kurt Russell wasn't the original. Probably because it's always rendered as "John Carpenter's The Thing" implying it was his IP

I think it was advertised that way expressly to differentiate it from the previous one. I wish all remakes/reimaginings did that!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

Is this a flash mob?
Every time Starchman is on panel, I am reminded that I made the right choice in avatar.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/704776293620043782

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
for some reason that pic made me laugh for a good 12 seconds

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Twibbit posted:

for some reason that pic made me laugh for a good 12 seconds

Its funny, that's why

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I went and read the update again and I can't unsee this. Super.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
No wonder he has stars to just throw away.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-104/

Early update.

Hah that explains so much about Issac.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Shindragon posted:

Early update.

<-- I'M BUGGED

Also, that Doctopus is partying right now. A broken arm must be like drinking from a firehose.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The Uncle Smokey the Bear poster in the second panel is golden

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Emulating Togashi is admirable, but maybe the wrist injuries shouldn't be included?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Warning people about the wire and being the only one who casually blabs about invisible wind powers? I'm bugged too, Max.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Early update.

Oh that powder keg is so much worse now.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

The Uncle Smokey the Bear poster in the second panel is golden

....oooooooohhhhhhh

This comic made me laugh so I officially declare Paranatural to be Good.

"calm down cube"

e: WAIT A SECOND (panel five)

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 8, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

His birthday was tomorrow when he said that, and he's been very upset that everyone forgot (he has never told anyone when his birthday is).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It was a feint, he knew revealing his true age would embolden rather than demoralize the beast as anime teens possess great power.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man I forget how old I am all the time, especially shortly after a birthday when you need to get used to saying the new age.

And I love that "I'm bugged" note as a solution, and a little amazed that nobody thought of it first.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
This explains a lot about Isaac and his demandiness/clinginess/whatever. Not just in a 'teens lol' way, but spectral powers alienate him from his 8th grade peers, and then he's separated from the rest of the activity club for most of the day (and even there he's kind of treated as a joke)

Dude's just, super lonely

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Fecha posted:

Warning people about the wire and being the only one who casually blabs about invisible wind powers? I'm bugged too, Max.

He already told her they fight ghosts and she didn't believe him, Max can say whatever dumb actually true poo poo he wants about ghost-fighting and as long as nobody takes him seriously it'll just make Suzy more mad

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

E: diregard, I am an idiot.

I will say that I like the principal. She seems nice.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He's just got low self confidence.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max's face in the last panel is perfect. The dialogue in this comic is consistently top notch.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
2nd last panel doctopus is swelling concerningly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just noticed that Isaac's collar is popped as gently caress and now I can't unsee it in any panel he's in. I think it might be subtly getting bigger, too.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Who What Now posted:

I just noticed that Isaac's collar is popped as gently caress and now I can't unsee it in any panel he's in. I think it might be subtly getting bigger, too.

You never had a body warmer gilet? That's just how they are.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

oddium posted:

i like that where other people would put like "IIIIIIIIiiiiii" or "I..." zack just draws a really long I

I assumed this was a hint he was getting brain-hijacked or otherwise affected by a spirit. Compare to the visual effects on ed's speech in this panel when he enters spirit world, although I gues it's because he's moving through space.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-99

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Fecha posted:

Ya, but it came from Max. Do you think Suzy would just casually accept a super power explanation when its established Max is always sarcastic?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fecha posted:

He's just saying that everyone would have been upset if Isaac had been here to stink up the place with his chronic flatulence problem.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

suzy not going to care because she just got the scoop of the decade: ISAAC O' CON-MAN: EIGHTH-GRADE TEENAGER NOT SEVENTH-GRADE 12-YEAR-OLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Who What Now posted:

Issac is hitting puberty over the course of the comic, by the end he'll be 5'11 and covered in acne while everyone else will look the same