Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is a random aside, but I've been speculating for a while now that Dimitri's totally a spectral. I have little to no evidence to back this up, but I'm sticking with it :colbert:

Check out the panel with the body part snatching spirt on this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-5/

If you look closely under Isaac's speech bubble, you can see an extra person was with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Yeah, I think this page reinforces the idea behind why Isaac doesn't get to know anything. Because he's possessed, rather than having a tool, his spirit is always aware of what's going on, whereas spirits in tools need a connection to their spectrals to interact with the outside world.

This has some interesting implications if Mr. Spender never takes off his sunglasses (which are heavily implied to be his tool). What makes his spirit more trustworthy than Max's or Issac's spirits?

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Brannock posted:

Huh, I was expecting someone more evil/ominous/scary. This guy is just a big goofy lug. :3:

I know! He's acting like a big tough jerk, but I can't take him seriously with his adorable fluffy cloud head. :3:

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

New Page!

...and Ed's face is really creeping me out. :stare:

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

PARTY HAR-euuuugh

I'm getting dizzy looking at this thing.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

There was a slight reference to it in the first chapter on page 67:

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

Preppy academy place?

(God, everything about this new page is great. :allears:)

Johnny mentions it (Mayview Academy) in panel 4 here. I wouldn't be surprised if some future spectrals we meet are from there.

And this new page was definitely worth the wait. I love those floaty scooters/segways people are riding.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

So is manlizard an extreme form of possession, or is he just a dude who happens to be a lizard?

Also Spender is such an overdramatic dork. Never stop, glasses man.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

I feel like someone with better skills than me should photoshop the pic of stephen looking to the left with the pic of Starchman so that they're whooshing back and forth between each other.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Students and teachers constantly attempt to one-up each other, teachers clearly have the advantage of experience.

I can only image the parent-teacher conferences.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

"Gimme a kiss!" :3:

Eightfold is kind of the coolest.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Yeah, but the point of linking the page with that message is to encourage people to donate. Linking to just the wallpapers kind of defeats the purpose. People can suffer through clicking an extra link if they don't want to donate.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

PJ has purple spectral energy and wears stripes, so obviously he's going to be The Phantom.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

I'm assuming it depends on how powerful the spirit is, considering how it only takes a few days for a small spirit like Eightfold to recover. Since Issac is possessed by what we can assume is a powerful storm spirit, I can imagine it being a much more drawn out process for him.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Angry Walrus posted:

Something about the way that third-to-last panel is framed, where Spender's glaring at his own reflection, makes me think that his lesson here has some kind of personal tie to him? Like he personally knew a ghost that faded away or something.

That, or he remembered Max has a dead mom and he's being a bit insensitive.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Today's Paranatural page is loving astounding.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

I'm surprised no one posted this yet, but Zack announced on twitter the store is now live! Now you can wear the greatest shirt on your body. http://hivemill.com/collections/paranatural/products/paranatural-clothing-brand-clothing-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

flatluigi posted:

People whose deals I want to know:

Oh Christ I just realized the "eyes" are the Vice Principal's nostrils.