Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dolash posted:

The character art's really good on this page, although I just noticed all the backgrounds are gradients. This is going to be one great game of Hitball.

The crowd's filled out with a lot of extras we haven't seen before, but I'm going to assume none of them will be even supporting characters like Jeff and Cody.

Actually, if you look back a page you can see most of the supporting characters. Jeff is crouched way in the back, news crew is to the left of Isabel, Violet and Lisa are sitting in the front. The only one I'm not 100% on is Cody, though I think that's him standing next to Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Now I'm gunna be sad if we don't see an invincible ball golem. :(

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

God damnit. I forgot about Mr. Garcia.

[I come] from the blighted womb of your worst nightmare, quivering on legs innumerable, soaked in the black ooze of your greatest fears.

I rear back my heavy head, and howl:

DETEEENTION

There was also another occurrence of some type of bird behind Johnny, wasn't there? At least, I remember a comment from Zack about him forgetting about the eagle appearance and making a joke about it becoming a Thing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Okay, no joke about it becoming a Thing, but I'm glad I was right about the first part.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Plus, he's been busy and is likely right in that end of summer back-to-college phase at the moment. He's said in the past that the missing backgrounds (Ed's spirit world in particular) were so he could get the comic out in a reasonable time.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Pretty sure the second spirit thing for Max is still fan speculation. At least, I'm not aware of anything that's changed that.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Our first look at Hijack. Weird.

*isabel voice* the scene of a murder

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Going to out myself here, but I remember that one. Something like Kana's story, about a guy who moves into a haunted house. It was cute and kind of touching, though short.

If I remeber it right, of course.

I think you're thinking of Nanana's Treasure, which I thought of too until I remembered it was largely just a light novel series, though there was a small manga and anime run.

Edit:

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Are you both thinking of Wilde Life? Because that's what I thought of, but it seemed a stretch given that the ghost isn't his girlfriend, and it isn't what I think of when someone says Manga.

I like Wilde Life, so here it is, though I'm pretty sure this isn't what you both were talking about.

While almost certainly not it, this is a good webcomic worth checking out.

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 23, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, I figured there's a lot of it. Now that you've mentioned the right title, though, I vaguely remember something about that myself. Might have to check it out.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Poison Mushroom posted:

He really needs to leverage the merch potential, I think, if he wants to properly live off it.

Space Balls Paranatural the Flamethrower! :flame:

For most people, if your product isn't already super popular merch isn't going to do much for you.

LoadingReadyRun does sketch comedy, game streams and podcasts. They make most of their money from their Patreon, followed by Twitch subscriptions. Merch outpaces YouTube ad rev, but not by much.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
To put it into perspective, Zack currently makes ~$1500 from Patreon. Keep in mind that this number is after all fees are taken out. In comparison, let's say Zack takes $15 for every $20 shirt he sells. He'd have to sell 100 shirts a month every month in order to keep even. That's honestly not too inconceivable for a few months, front loaded the first month, but past that it drops off sharply. He could make a new shirt available every two or three months, but that's not a long-term viable plan.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Counterpoint: QC sells new shirts constantly.

On top of

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

EDIT: Jesus, questionablecontent's patreon makes almost 8k/month :eyepop:

which likely makes many times the amount of money the shirts do.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Patreon changed how they displayed their numbers. Before the totals were what people were paying, before any cuts were taken out. Now the total they display is what the creator receives, after all cuts have been taken out.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Urban Dictionary has a good enough description.

quote:

Chuunibyou

A Japanese slang term which roughly translates to "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome". People with chuunibyou either act like a know-it-all adult and look down on real ones, or believe they have special powers unlike others.

This is a common stage in growth; for most people, it happens--you guessed it--around the 2nd year of middle school (Grade 8 in Japan). However, the problem is, there are some grown-ups who have this symptom.
There are 3 main types of Chuunibyou. DQN-type pretends to be antisocial even though they aren't, or can't be and has made-up stories about antisocial behavior. Subculture-type prefers subculture or minor trends just to be different and have the "cool" factor. Evil Eye-Type admires mystical powers and pretends to have one of their own, to the extent of establishing an alias just for that.

It's that ridiculously embarrassing (for the person, afterwards) or annoying (for everyone else) point where someone in their early teens is trying to figure out who they are, and they settle on something they think is 'cool' but is completely unrealistic to how people usually act.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Actually, yeah, that's pretty much right.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
God dammit Dimitri.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
No, Isabel, no!

Don't encourage him!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Amazing. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Calaveron posted:

Pacing hasn't been broken up, it's been pulverized, atomized. At this point I check Paranatural for the same reason I check Strong Female Protagonist and that's because it's a trainwreck.

Um. I think that's a little much.

Pacing issues aside, it isn't doing what SFP did.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh. Nice...foreshadowing, I guess?

(Also, look at that difference.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Which is the same spirit from when we first encountered the Activity Club.