Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Honestly he should leave it as it is. Redrawing pages is just a goddamn black hole. Hell redrawing a picture you did a few years ago just leaves you constantly doing it over and over.

For me I'm fine with his rough work art in the beginning. Shows how much he has grown.

Granted it was a quick change but hey dude is talented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Issac's hair aint' spikey enough. :colbert: But that's a pretty cool fanart drawing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I bet Grandpa bought Ed that game because it's a fighting game and thus must be good for training. :allears: Or perhaps some sort of training proxy, since Ed doesn't seem to be taking part in the Spectral Fist lessons.

Why would he, he got a mothafucking paint brush. The things he can do with that are limitless.

Though shooting fireballs is always in the rule of awesomeness.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 18, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So anime that he was in freeze frame pose it HURTS.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Just some fun doodle.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
See Johnny you have to be more descriptive about the ginger kid. You have to say AND HE dem spiky hair and look so ANIME. :v:

I had a strong feeling Jeff was going to be one asked.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He showed way too much emotion to be Dmitri. Also hey Max is in the background in the last panel.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Max being happy? What is this?

Though it's nice to see him not freak out for once.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously. Max was just embarrassed that he got caught acting weird.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah agreed. Max can't take on Johnny physically, Suzy apparently has blackmail on him (jumping through the bus I guess?) and Isabel looks like she's gonna put in him in a world of pain.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Great to see this back. Hilarious chapter. That was almost super sayian esque levels of shouting there.

Probably my favorite in the finger pointing panel is blaming his sister for breaking the lamp.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha pooor Max. I like how Ed tries his best to not mention gramps as if it was a taboo word around Isabel. Really loving the whole Max not being a super special protagonist that most (horrible) stories suffer from. Apart from him one shoting the bat ghost it's really nice contrast to see how much he has to learn compare to the others.

The way the spectral shot limps off Max' finger had me chuckling.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Interesting, I didn't think it could be summoned

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ProfessorProf posted:

Super Saiyan Johnny is the real star of the show here.

loving lost it at Johnny being Vegeta. It seems all of Issac anime spikey hair powers got transferred to Johnny.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha oh Spender. Very nice to see that the alt-text came true.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Bwhahah. Gramps is the best. Oh Spender. When aren't you a dork.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://paranatural.net/

I just love how Issac is pretty much Mr. Anime at this point. Interesting that Mr. Starchman was able to see the powers. Hmmmm..

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn I wish there were more crossovers between Gigi and Zack. Right now those two are the best. :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously.

I really enjoy how Zack plays with cliches. The fact he did it three times and basically Max was self aware of it made it more funnier.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much, I felt that went just a little too dark when PJ responded with PERFECT! Max was upset basically with Spender not telling him sooner considering he was planning to leave Mayview very soon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If there has been one thing bugging me and I am pretty sure Zack will address it eventually. I wonder what the consequences will be if Johnny and the others learn about spectrals. I mean apart from the obvious freak out of holy poo poo there is ghosts and spectrals. I mean most of Mayviews citizens seem crazy anyways :v:

Sides, would be pretty funny to see Johnny get some spectral type power. Not sure what his be though. Definitely would have to do with his hair though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Roobanguy posted:

He'll find some gloves that makes him even better at beatin nerds.

Him and Lefty would the best buds.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah good point I forgot the color of that tool was red. Plus the frog was basically like a bully as well so it would totally work with Johnny.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahahhaa. I don't think McGruff when that picture shows up though.

I think Mr T.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Forge you dick I hope Spender blinds you into oblivion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Interesting that Forge felt conflicted that there were kids on the train. Not surprised Spender decides to still fight Forger though.

Not the first time he's left his group in danger.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Actually with him looking back at the woods like that, I wonder if he heard/sensed Johnny and co.?

ooooooh THAT'S right, Johnny and them are still following. I forgot about those. Wonder if they'll just see Spender fighting air though.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 17, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Begemot posted:

I think he sees the train turning around to attack Forge, so he knows he doesn't have to go catch it. That would also explain the last panel.

Now that you mention, you notice some lights behind Spender so Forge is probably noticing something behind Spender and not necessarily his reaction to Spender staying to fight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah so Forge isn't a bad guy. I guess he's a merc? Lol at spender bragging not being fooled for the oldest trick in the book. Never change you goddamn dork.

I wonder what eyes are watching Spender with that dog jumping into the bush.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah jesus Forge burned the hell out Spender.

What is YOUR excuse Spender? Hmm?!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Poor Max, ya almost had a solid plan. I really enjoy how Zack doesn't go the lazy route and make the main character an immediate expert on controlling their powers unlike other lame rear end son prodigies stories. Also Isabel is so crazy that her plan should work. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The fact we still know it's coming and it happens. It still sucks.

Edit: I can see Isabel blaming Max for this... but the same time, I kinda see her blaming Spender moreso for teaming her up with the newbie.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 9, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering what just went down, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up next comic or so. Especially with how right it's kinda steering in the whole oh you think it's bad, it just get worse.

By worse I mean great because JOHNNY but in terms for the crew it probably could be the worst thing ever. Granted we never really given an idea what would happen if other people discovered about the spirits and all lurking around.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Just finished the piece.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Or you know it's his first comic? Jeez. Even the first chapters of it were not that great. He's gonna have some roughs here and there.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I didn't mean to infer that is. I mean yeah the whole it's anime is a bit ridiculous but the dude on top is super nitpicky. The comment was more like its his first comic, he's bound to make mistakes.

And even if it using lovely anime tropes. I mean hopefully he'll learn to write better as time goes on.

edit: What this comic needs is more Johnny though.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 12, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn, I love how Max gets nonchalant when poo poo is about to hit the fan.

That's the 2nd time he's gone HMMM and it still kills me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Zenzirouj posted:

So is Monday's page coming late or just being skipped over? "No update today" could mean either.

Zack said he had some personal things to deal with so I'm assuming the update will be moved to Friday, just like how he always dealt with when he missed an updated.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That makes sense, I thought the pixel dog was trying to cut off Isabel's hand with the way she's reacting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not the first time it has happened. Whale ghost encounter, his magnet snake decided to intervene to save him by letting him dodge at the last second.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 26, 2014