Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

pik_d posted:

How many in game days have actually happened? Its not even a week I'm pretty sure

Paranatural is no game, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The president is Max, and the last chapter is gonna be real fuckin weird

We are already in the last chapter. We will never leave this chapter.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno man, that's a pretty bold statement to say that it's better that Gunnerkrigg Court.

I used to love GKC, but I stopped reading it for pacing reasons. I haven't yet stopped reading Paranatural.

For what that's worth!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
just caught up on the last two pages, and i gotta say: big fan

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Also he hurt his wrist a few times so he's now avoiding unnecessary details.

yeah, going as strong on backgrounds as he did earlier was actively destructive to his health. probably a good idea for him to dial it back a notch!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i liked the page

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
it made me smile

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
someone linked to something in this thread earlier that made me re-read most of the ghost train chapter, and my conclusions were twofold:

(a) drat good chapter, and spicy, too
(b) it's still really funny that the time from the start of the chapter to the introduction of the ghost train was as long as the entirety of any of the first three chapters

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
humor comes in many forms...........

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
just a few days until the second anniversary of Hitball

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I dunno why you guys are underestimating the power of a vow of silence in this setting.

a vow of (mostly) silence

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
in extremely hope against hope voice: this looks like it's actually building to some kind of climax

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah this is kind of where I'm at. Things are happening, and they're very silly things that are banking on absurdism to make me laugh but all I can really muster is an "okay" because there's little real sense of why any of it's happening or why I should care.

this, plus i'm having a really hard time following the transitions

eg, top of last page:

it looks like the top-right is supposed to be transitioning between max's fight with the spirit (grudge? w/e) and the Bully Gang's fight with Mr. Starchman. Except then next panel we're back to Max? And then to Mr. Starchman again?

i feel like all of the Cool Transitions are hard to follow, but this one was the worst so far

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
it made me do a double take and try to figure out if the characters had moved into the same location.

if i were scott mccloud i'd be able to say which rules of visual storytelling were being broken here. but i'm not, so i can only say that it's confusing and disorienting, and makes me sad. :(

i feel like a lot of the pacing problems with the comic will be less bad In The Archives, but this bit feels like it'll be even worse? idk

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Tar_Squid posted:

She flipped herself to the other side of the door so it now looks like she was trying to sneak in instead of trying to sneak out.

I assumed it was so that she wouldn't be visible at all, being as she was now on the other side of the door.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

This comic. its good.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Julip Pobin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Azran posted:

Best thing about all of your comments so far is that I discovered the disgustingly adorable Blindsprings, so thanks for that :allears:

Also if you want to see TRUE webcomic hiatus, look at Broodhollow. Straub remade the beginning of chapter 3 like three times since last year, and the current last page was posted in July.

broodhollow is insanely dead, so i'm not sure that's the example you want to bring up