Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Or the surprise twist option: Sette :tinfoil:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Well I imagine one part of it is alderode is the only place his religion isn't illegal. That would probably cloud one's judgement.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
SO on reread I've noticed that in Jivi's dream he's already got cutter's knife. So how common is Legitimate Prophecy in the world of Unsounded, do we know?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Also the guy in charge of the Ssaelit temple was stated to know him.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Dang it Jivi, go into it about how your mom being dead or not being dead is complicated, inquiring minds want to know!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

From a disagreement over who handles this to attempting literal backstabbing, well then. Turns out the racists are not good people. Who knew.

Yes I agree literally everyone in Unsounded except Matty is a bad person.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

You misspelled Jivi.

Sinner Sandwich posted:

You're all misspelling Duane.

Jackard posted:

I dunno, Toma and some other guys seem pretty cool.

Nope, all racists, Matty's the only nonracist in Unsounded.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Dias posted:

Matty makes Uatu eat people for conflict resolution. Also bad.

The whole point of this was a response to "oh hey the racists are bad people surprise surprise" when basically everyone in unsounded is racist. I do not actually think matty is the only good person in unsounded.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I don't think First Materials keep the khert from working since the khert is what makes Existence work, it just keeps you from Tricking the khert which is how you do (normal) magic. So I don't think whatever's happening follows the normal rules, pain magic evidently must be special.

Edit: well looking at the wiki it looks like first materials can still be permanently enchanted so no this could still be the same rules as normal magic, I just don't think its working like you guys think it is.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 2, 2014

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Duane :allears:.

"Then why did you-"

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
They couldn't have made a more perfect entrance is Sette had literally planned out their entrance.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Well from the "maybe worrying CAN spontaneously solve things" in reference to "worrying won't spontaneously solve [your lack of access to a skilled wright]" a couple pages back it seems more like they don't realize that trouble just walked in.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Honestly its not anything your average absolutist monarch wouldn't have loved to be able to do.
"Economic forces are beyond my control? That won't do I'll just ban the economy."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Boo is the spider-pymary-trap thing, Sette blamed her hesitation on Boo having nerves before they entered the brothel.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure if most people had teeth that sharp fingers would get bitten off all the time, its only the impracticality of biting someone's finger off that keeps hands unmaimed.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
And Toma and Co are on their way at this very moment too. :allears:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah that's not really an accurate comparison based of DND and based off internet freeform RP really aren't the same thing at all.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Holy loving poo poo.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Goons: "UGH SETTE'S GOING TO TRY TO RECRUIT MURKOPH ISN'T SHE :qqsay:"
Author: "Go away Murkoph no one likes you"
Sette: pours lye on his head

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Slashrat posted:

The entire setting is built up from the author's D&D games, so anyone opposed to material of that origin might want to consider stopping reading the comic.

That's not true!

It was FREEFORM roleplay, no dice involved.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

DentedLamp posted:

Can Bell really be considered the traitor here if there's a (rather good) chance that the entire plot is being sponsored by Her Majesty and/or her administration?

Well right now there's a rather good implication this whole thing might be part of a coup: Stockyard made an "outsource their revolution" comment, so it MIGHT involve the administration but I rather doubt it involves the queen herself.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Holy crap something nice happened. Is this the right comic?

AND WE'RE (probably) BACK.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Unsounded: Maybe we're all angry at the same bad men

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Slashrat posted:

Anadyne and Stockyard are both Sette's cousins...

It is up in the air how LITERALLY cousin they are, it seems like it might be a mafia all part of The Family thing.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Okay I'm a little lost on who has what information right now. Does Elan mistakenly think this, or is he just saying something that will get him out of this mess, or does he have information we don't?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The month long breaks between chapters, while understandable, don't seem to help maintain discussion.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Complaints about Murkoph are what give Cope her power.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The Squishes are just as sick of Murkoph as the rest of us.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Rime posted:

Pretty sure the silver was internally ordered and intended to spark a civil war in Cresce against the Queen, based on things said last chapter, but that could just be the Aldish cover story for a long game.

I think it's not for a civil war it's for an assassination/coup, but yeah the characters who know SOMETHING about it seem to think it's internal Crescean politics.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah titbird is this whole THING.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

This is right on the border so a gigantic reality-destroying nuke effectively engages both countries.

It's not on alderode's border, it's on cresce's border with one of their client states.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Ahaha EAT poo poo STOCKYARD.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I've bet from the beginning that no way were both starfish AND stockyard going to die in these events, and stockyard's dead, so starfish is gonna live, sorry folks.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Does raise questions about the significance of his near-fascination with Jivi. Might know what Jivi's deal with his mom is, stealing his knife is kind of petty for a black tongue.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Well hey that's one more (admittedly relatively minor) mystery solved. Why does Boo seem unusually smart and emotive? Possessed by pleasant ghosts!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm genuinely confused how someone could be unable to parse what's going on. Like...what's unclear? The big monster is basically a ghost cocoon around the people embedded with first silver and is entangled with the building using that silver. It is also trying to kill our intrepid heroes with tentacles of first silver.

Yes, that much is obvious, but there's SO MUCH big ghost cocoon first silver monster entangled with the building trying to kill our heroes that it can be a little difficult to pick out individual elements of that big ghost cocoon first silver monster tying to kill our heroes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Wow that's... that's not something we've seen Sette do before... is it?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I misread the page, on first view I thought she was grabbing the pymary directly rather than the enchanted hat.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I really need to do a reread to see if the whole "loves to give academic lectures about pymary" deal has been part of Duane's characterization the entire time, or something that woke up when he mentioned having failed better wrights than Quigley or whatever it was he said along those lines during their first fight, because I can't remember it happening before then but it's AMAZING.

EDIT: he's like zombie Bill Nye the Pymary Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Friendly coffee cup still checking in on Elan's health. :3: