Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Solkanar512 posted:

TWSBI just released more pics of the IROC 850.

This thing can't go on sale soon enough! I hope to see that series expanded to different metallic colors, but for now it's really nice.

That does look pretty sweet. Any other reason this seems to be so anticipated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Neat. Makes me interested in getting one. But it seems rather a lot of money, especially for a pen that - as far as I know? - I can only order online and as such can't test before I buy. :/

I'm left-handed so getting one that has just the right amout of flow is rather important.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

JP Money posted:

Holy gently caress. A3 is huge. I found a website listing the dimensions and it claims that besides the US and Canada that all countries use this as their standard paper size. Do people overseas really write on such huge pieces of paper?

It's _a_ standard paper size, same as A5, A4, A2, ... whatever. A4 is the same size as 2 A5's stuck together, A3 is 2 A4's, ...

A4 is a much more widely used size and is almost, but not quite, the same as US Letter.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Demon_Corsair posted:

E: Pushing sure helps even though I know that's a cardinal sin.

Yeah, this will destroy your pen. I suppose you can push it down once to widen it, which will probably help the flow. But writing while pushing down is very, very bad because that will just keep putting pressure on it all the time, which will break it.

Besides, one of the advantages of having a (good) pen is that you don't have to push down, making it much more comfortable to write with.

Just get one that has the correct flow for your writing style.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
That face on the nib is the best.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Because my Waterman Carčne was annoying me by leaking a bit too much I wanted to buy something else.

Got a Lamy Scala today. Of the ones I tried it felt the best in my hand, plus it seems to write both smoothly and dry, which is perfect for a left-hander. (Fine nib.) I wonder how well it'll work in class on monday but I suspect I'll be very happy with it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Solumin posted:

This happened to me after a while. My solution was a good cleaning, including inside the cap. As far as I can tell, some ink gets smeared inside the cap and leaks onto the grip. Simply flushing the cap will fix it.

Amount of leakage depends on the type of pen too. I have a Waterman Carčne that's horrible for this, and another that I can't quite remember the name of (was it a Lamy? I think it's a Lamy), that has basically no leakage at all.

Could be the ink too, or the fact that the Waterman has a converter and the other uses cartridges. The Waterman needs a lot of refills too.

I like the other one a lot better and these are the biggest reasons. That and it writes more easily.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I lost my pen I'm pretty sure. Gonna ask at work if someone's found it but I don't have much hope. Was a black Lamy Scala. Nice pen, even though the grip showed fingerprints a bit much.

Now what am I going to replace it with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

uXs posted:

I lost my pen I'm pretty sure. Gonna ask at work if someone's found it but I don't have much hope. Was a black Lamy Scala. Nice pen, even though the grip showed fingerprints a bit much.

Now what am I going to replace it with?

For everyone who was lying awake at night mourning this great loss, I actually found it. Was still on the floor in the office. Hot drat.