Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I like to imagine Benny shows up to interviews dressed just like his av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Lolie posted:

According to Benny, they always do.

"The person giving the interview punched me in the face to get me to shut up. I think I got the job!"

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Benny should write what he knows. Crashing shopping carts into cars.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Dex posted:

Your comment is still relevant because literally nothing changed in the last year.

Come now Benny has made a lot of steps like um... well... he applied for some jobs and apparently interviewed well but was passed over because of reasons like for the last 30 jobs he applied for! He also no longer reads comic books, he reads "graphic novels"

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
So when do we actually get to see you try?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

4th Asclepiadean posted:

I am a little surprised, too. It's almost like he completely ignores half of the posts in this thread.

That said, I *do* want an answer for why he lied about how many people proofread his story.

He probably doesn't even know why.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Benny is like Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski minus any of the charisma he had/has.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Benny did what I did today, which is nothing. I am on vacation however and am currently employed.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Uncle Salty posted:

Ok, so now I really want to know. How is Benny going about getting laid? Is he still going to that bar where he's "learning about life"? Using data sites? Like, what methods are you deploying, Benny the Snake?

He is studying Hentai very closely.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's the end of March. Benny, get the gently caress on the stick with this.

But but but Benny wouldn't be able to make exscuses then!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Let me try something different:

Benny did you NOT sign up for healthcare yet?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
It's only a day away!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Uncle Salty posted:

I agree with this. I do want to hear about the library bookstore volunteer position, though. On the 17th, he was awaiting a call from the library volunteer coordinator person about getting his fingerprints done. Wonder what will happen tomorrow!

Nothing. Nothing will happen tomorrow.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
If Benny writes a best seller, he should be made mod of Thunderdome.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

DopeGhoti posted:

Now I'm wondering whether, on the days Benny "applied" to a dozen jobs, he just sent one email with all the hiring managers' emails in one long CC: list and his resume attached.

The content of the E-Mail and title: plz hire me

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
So this thread has made no progress in a year+

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Benny, open up a CrossFit gym.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Eris posted:

Do not do this. No office wants to have their day interrupted and field calls like this. It's not as if you were going to hire someone and then forgot to do so until they called and reminded you.

That kind of "persistence" maybe only works in retail gigs. If you must follow up, use email - it's more easily ignored if they don't want to speak to you, and you're more likely to get a real answer. Someone picking up the phone may hedge because they're uncomfortable.

I am curious why our normally over- confident Benny doesn't think he got this gig.

He probably accidentally set the place on fire which is why he is down on his chances.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

not if you hand deliver by shopping cart

"Yeah it was windy out. Thankfully your car stopped I and me cart when we were going full speed down a hill"

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Get the gently caress out of here.

I think that person would have to be completely homeless to be less successful than Benny.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Trying to set up a show about Benny's life seems creepy and stalkerish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Aqua Bear posted:

Benny is not gong to answer any of these questions or address this in any way.

He is going to make another post asking how he should sell books.

• Locked thread