Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Hey Benny, no one's perfect. You're not, I'm not, people in this thread aren't. But what you've done here is a hugely impressive thing, and I defy anyone, even your biggest detractors in this thread, not to applaud you for taking the steps you took to get this diagnosis, and being honest here. I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but your story made me think of some classic Philip Larkin.

This Be the Verse

They gently caress you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were hosed up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

——

Keep going, man. Life from here on gets, on the whole, better. There will be ups and down, and the downs might feel insurmountable, but they're not. The secret is reaching out for help. You'd be amazed at the number of people who'll hang onto you if you just put out an arm. Churchill might be a crotchety old dead guy, but when he said 'if you're going through Hell, keep going', he was drat well right.

Chin up. Keep going! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Mellophant posted:

That's pretty good actually, you should also consider applying for your local temp. agencies as well

If he hasn't done that by this point then...

...no, wait, nothing Benny fails to do surprises me anymore.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

The child-seat crashed like a cymbal...

I think I'm in love.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Yad Rock posted:

Close this thread, goldmine it, ban Benny, everyone who doesn't have a job get one, everyone with a job get a promotion.

I've made a note. Tomorrow I'm gonna lean in.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

This is a very beautiful thing.

• Locked thread