Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Africa is way smaller than it should be and Greenland is enormous.

That's the Winkel tripel projection.

This one gives me nausea, I feel like I'm upside down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zBC2dvERM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

And here I thought it was about the steady, unseen invasion by the Japanese/Kiwi alliance.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kavak posted:

I like Germany's roundel and laziness- "Yeah, we use the same insignia for our air force and army, what of it?"

To be fair, it is badass.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Australia already has the largest collection of deadly plants and animals in the world, and you want to make them radioactive? :psyduck:

Don't give Abbott ideas.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Aw yeah; storm time in the East.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Killer robot posted:

Local politics, I guess.

Keep going north and you get 'buddy' and 'hey b'ys'.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

For the same reason, they also don't use a purely Common Law system like much of the Anglophone world, using a mixed Civil/Common system (like Quebec and Scotland).

Pink is Common Law, Blue Civil Law, Yellow Sharia Law, and Brown is a mixed mixed system.

Looks like the Common Law,

:frogc00l:

isn't so common.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Yeah, here's one that supposedly includes all teams, though I'm not sure about how accurate it is. ATM definitely aren't as popular as UT in all of east Texas.

What the hell is that to the right of Boise State? It looks like a strutting llama.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Peanut President posted:

You mean the brown one? That's Wyoming's logo: a cowboy riding a bucking horse.

Oh, I see it now. Still think it looks like a pimpin' llama.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Is there a reason why Russia's murder rate is so high? Mafia?

Lots of vodka.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Also, it would sure be cool if the lower tiers were edited to fainter colors to make this map easier to use.

e: In some places, like Russia, the blue divisions aren't necessarily important ones, just broad groupings.

I love the great, gaping hole of nothingness in the middle of Australia.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Most commonly spoken language other than English or French? Only thing that surprises me is German in Yukon, rather than a native language.

I'm going to take a guess it's the most spoken non-official language(s). I can't imagine there are more German speakers in the Yukon than aboriginal.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

It might not have been for lack of trying

A Moa, the animal that the Haast eagle preyed on.

I like how the claw is giving one final 'gently caress you'.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

Holy poo poo Romania! :stonk:

You know nothing, John Lobster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

So I can't see a discussion about terrible flags and not nominate my home town, Calgary, Alberta.

First off, the flag of Alberta. Nothing special, but it looks good and describes the province pretty well:

Alberta: Wheat, crocodiles, hills, mountains, England.

Sounds about right.

Home sweet home. :canada: