Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone know of a map where it tries to depict "the light of civilization", with Europe and North America bright and much of the rest of the world in darkness?

I tried to find it in the thread, but no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

How does this map account for migrant workers?

HighClassSwankyTime posted:

Does Mexico still lay claim to that area?

Part of the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo was the United States basically paying a sum of money for the Southwest. Fun fact: Some Mexican authorities were happy that they lost, since they got rid of some land that (at the time) was just a money drain and got paid for the opportunity.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

How do they know the future?

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

A map simply labeled, "The Chinese Civil War."

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Japanese occupation is the only guess I can come up with but then I noticed all the splotches of it outside China.

Same. And the splotch in Japan!?

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

What's the definition of wilderness? There are a lot of areas not represented where few/no people live. It looks like it is mostly desert, jungle, boreal forest, etc.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

As I remember it, this doesn't go far enough. Virginia Company territory was originally the whole Eastern Seaboard.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

double nine posted:

the U.S. Midwest is quantum, and exists everywhere until you look.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

I'll hazard a guess that one of the reasons Arabic is listed as so difficult is the shear number of dialects and idioms present that vary from country to country. Arabic spoken in Morocco is significantly different from that in Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Understanding that all sounds like a bigger challenge.

Disclaimer: I only know a little Arabic and no Finnish.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Anyone want to guess?

Answer: Arcane Feudalism

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Looks like Giants Causeway erupted again.

Dall-E is a Russian sympathizer, look at Crimea.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you're an [water equivalent of the USA] fish. Completely erasing those filthy fresh-water fish.

Those saltwater fish sure do swim up the Nile pretty well.

All that island experience and they still can't get the right size of Greenland.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'll have you know that in almost 250 years, the peace-loving United States of America has only fought five wars!

Not counting the War for Independence or the Civil War is something.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

You can't lose a war if you never end it. We'll be fighting poverty (and terrorism and cancer and drugs and . . .) until the end of time.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

I was surprised that Utah doesn't have a Major League team. The South is also really vacant.

Politically loaded for the number of teams that have moved from where they were founded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

It's a little hard to tell because of the projection, but Florida extends even further south than Texas, so I think they just forgot most of the state.