Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I have never experienced this issue in probably more than a decade of downloading via Usenet. Have you actually had this happen or are you just worried about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Never having to share anything, no chance of a copyright notice. Full download speeds.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bigsteve posted:

This is the best.

Anyone running a shield and external drive? There are apparently reports of strangeness with kodi and update 3.0.

Kodi did crash a couple times on my last night after the update. I am not running an external drive, I have the 16gb version.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SPMC Jarvis looks to be live on the play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semperpax.spmc16

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EC posted:

You ca run both, right? Like if I don't want to gently caress up my Kodi install I could try out SPMC without it messing with anything?

Yes

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

Sold, thanks guys.

We just need something for Netflix, Plex for the lady, Kodi for me and the odd app like Hulu or whatever. I know Android TV apps are slim pickings compared to other platforms but we're pretty much no frills. Other than that I will probably just run old emulators or something. As long as I don't have to gently caress with the box I'm happy.

It's a great box, and the best part is you can just cast poo poo to it if there isn't an app or whatever.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

With the Shield is the default fine or should I get the 500GB? I definitely want to do some emulation on this thing. I remember reading it supports MicroSD cards but I'm not sure how well Android supports them for app storage with emulation apps and whatnot.

I am running the default plus a 64gb micro SD that I enabled the new storage pooling thing on, and it works fine. I don't use emulation though. I think the 500gb is also a regular spinny sata drive so I wouldn't personally do that one.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

on the home screen hold down on an icon to reorder

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

If you are doing that why not just run Emby on the NAS and skip the RPI? Its not like the Pi can transcode much anyways.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

IUG posted:

I've not used Emby before, but I just looked at it (some YouTube video). It looks like I have to run an Emby server, which I don't see on Drobo. I see it's on FreeNAS and Synology, but I'm not familiar with those NASs. I don't need to transcode either, this is strictly in my local network.

I don't see any support for Drobo, but from reading the NAS thread in shsc its highly suggested to get a synology over Drobo anyways, so.

The nice thing is if you don't need transcoding you can just run emby on the NAS and I would imagine it should work fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://kodi.tv/dev-journal-kodis-s...campaign=buffer

quote:

And we can’t stress this enough, if we don’t get an Android dev soon, Kodi for Android could very well die out. This is a significant future problem.

Somewhat interesting.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looks like plex now has kodi integration like emby has. I haven't used it yet.

https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/Installation

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

If its anything like the other plex kodi addons, it basically lets you play your plex files through Kodi, which will let you take advantage of all the cool kodi stuff. I haven't tried the official one yet though. The other addons I tried didn't change the look of Kodi to look like plex, you can use whatever kodi skins you want.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

How do you enable the beta channel for Kodi on a Mi Box with Android TV?

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.xbmc.kodi

Took me about 3 seconds to google

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

My plex docker updates at 6am. I have zero issues with downtime or buffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Apple TV does not have Kodi. It does has mrmc and infuse. Infuse is what I use.