Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

FreakyZoid posted:

The one thing I do still miss from Boxee is the "watch later" feature. Basically you have a bookmarklet that grabs the URL of whatever video is on the page you're currently looking at, and adds it to a list. The in your Boxee you can browse your list and watch anything. It was a really nice of marking youtube videos etc. you got sent during the week, to catch up on later.

Is there anything like this on XBMC? I did a quick google but couldn't find anything.

I have used radbox.me which has a bookmarklet and xbmc plugin, but I haven't used it in a bit to verify it's still good on Frodo. I missed that from boxee too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

EC posted:

The thread for it hasn't been updated since 2011, but if anyone tries it out and confirms that it works I'll add it the OP.

Just wanted to update and confirm that http://radbox.me and its XBMC plugin still work in Frodo, despite apparently not being updated. I've saved stuff with a bookmarklet and then see it in a list when I access the XBMC plugin and it plays the videos via YouTube or whatever other method is called for.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

amitlu posted:

Anyone else use the Radbox video plugin to share youtube to xbmc and have it stop working the last few weeks? It seemed to not work at all for a couple days then came back, but adding items to it doesn't show in XBMC. However deleting items from it deletes them from xbmc as normal.

I've also been noticing problems with Radbox. Since they sort of abandoned it (last post on their blog was December 2012), I'm not very hopeful about it working well again.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Uthor posted:

I was asked to explain nfo files in the HTPC thread.

Thank you for this, you've written it up incredibly clearly. I've got some random one-offs and TV specials that I've had for years not showing up in XBMC and this will do the trick. Now to just rename all my Rifftrax videos so they actually show up, but :effort:

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

chizad posted:

Is the USTV VoD plugin still the best/recommended way to access the various US broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, etc) streaming episodes content? (I don't care about live streams, just watching recent episodes of shows after they've aired.)

I've got a Fire TV headed my way and I'm planning to put XBMC on there to replace my Roku3/Plex setup. I know it'll be able to directly play my music/movies off my NAS. But one of the other things I use Plex for is viewing the streaming episodes on my TV and I'd like to be able to do that natively with XBMC as well.

I've found everything I'm looking for with the Genesis addon, which seems a little more consistent than when I used to use USTV.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

r0ck0 posted:

Anyone with kodi jarvis having a problem with the skin losing their settings, specifically on a nexus player? I wonder if its cause I'm using an old non-supported skin or some other bug.

I just switched to using a Shield TV (loving it so far, after using Kodi on HTPCs for many years) and started it off with Jarvis. I use the Amber skin and it lost settings a couple times, but then I tried again and actually quit Kodi instead of just switching to the homescreen and it seems to be keeping my skin settings, after about 4-5 days.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Sendo posted:

Decided to try the 17 beta after talk here, I'm really surprised at how big of a step up it is especially the default skin.

Edit: The beta emby plugin working fine also.

I've been using SPMC on my Shield with my content stored on a Mac with Emby (currently Version 3.0.8500.0).

So basically you installed the new Kodi beta and then use the Emby plugin beta found here?

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Ixian posted:

That's what we're doing yes.

It's a significant upgrade and the Android audio passthrough issues are fixed. Some other Android TV specific stuff SPMC does didn't carry over but I don't think you will miss them.

Thanks, things seem to be working fine!

Menu Editing Question

Prior to this Kodi beta switch, I had been using a different skin in SPMC that let me easily add items (like YouTube/Netflix/Google Play Music android apps) to the main menu. They're showing up as favorites on the Estuary skin, and that's not bad, but it'd be nice to have a quicker way to access them. Is there a way to do this via skin settings (I couldn't find this particular setting), or do I need to edit XML files or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Thermopyle posted:

The new skin is pretty nice but I'm going to end up going back to Titan because of Estuary's non-configurability on stuff like this.

Yep, I'm using it on a Shield and just want to be able to add a couple addons (Netflix/YouTube/Google Play Music) to the main menu, but I don't see a way to do that. Sticking with Amber for now.