Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I've just installed raspbmc onto my Rpi, and I'm currently using the Quartz skin.

Are there any other minimal skins that I should be having a look at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Is OpenELEC "better" than Raspbmc? Cause I've been using Raspbmc for the past two weeks and I think it's awesome.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

DTS/AC3 Passthrough is your salvation.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

ultramiraculous posted:

So is the Foxcon Hudson D1 deal pretty good overall? Will it play my 10-bit Archer episodes and poorly encoded Always Sunny episodes without throwing a fit? I've got a Boxee Box right now and I can't deal with its instability anymore.

I don't know of anything* that can play 10-bit encodes, and I don't think anything will support it until the H.265 spec has been out for a few more years.

*Boxee, Raspberry Pi, or similar devices.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Does 10-bit only benefit animated movies/TVs? From some forum talk that I skimmed over, it provides negligible benefit for non-anime things.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I'm somewhat of an anime freak but I have less than 100GB of the stuff, and that don't really matter in the scale of running an 8TB NAS.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I've got a bunch of media files on my PC and I'd like to test how well XBMC scrapes the data before pushing the files to my NAS. Is there a PC scraper or manager that would do this sort of check?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

-I set my girlfriend up with a Raspberry Pi and OpenELEC / XBMC. Is there a general consensus as to what is the best reasonably priced RF remote? I know Raspberry Pi has a wiki but there's almost too much information and I just want a couple options to choose from that don't take a ton of tweaking to work well.

I don't know if you're interested in this, but you can install remotes on your smartphone. I use Yatse on my Android phone.

Saves me having to buy an additional remote.