Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

BobTheJanitor posted:

I did a PUG for SM last night, and the Sorcerer kept running ahead and pulling things without a word. The Lancer kept getting pissed off and telling me not to heal him. Which I didn't really want to do anyway, since all the aggro ends up on me and I end up kiting a train in circles. The Sorcerer never responded to anything anyone said and just kept pulling, the Lancer got pissed and dropped group, and we were left with no tank, except an idiot sorcerer who apparently thought he was a tank. We still did the two vamp mini bosses, mostly with me kiting them in circles, but I decided to drop before the last guy. I would have been more annoyed, but it was just such a classic MMO dungeon PUG situation that I only found it amusing, having not done an MMO dungeon in a couple years.

In that situation, is there anything you can do outside of dropping group and eating the 30 minute no-dungeon-finder debuff? The rest of the group seemed oblivious and no one was talking. Does it auto-queue you to get another tank at that point, or does the leader have to do something to make that happen?

So I'm gonna bring the conversation back to this and let you know that in Tera, it's democracy rule for groups. You can vote to kick anyone out of the party, including the party leader. It was completely unnecessary for the tank to leave. If you all felt the sorc was the problem you could have kicked him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

BobTheJanitor posted:

Does it pop up with the neutral 'A vote has been called to kick X' or calling you out with 'Player Y has started a vote to kick X'? The amount of drama saved by the former option is huge. And does the kickee get a message that they're being voted on, or do they only find out when they're booted?

It's the former but I don't know what the person getting kicked sees.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Soloing the first BAM, the Basilisk, is great experience. You can get somewhere around 25% to your next level from killing one. And killing one should take about as much time as doing a single quest, but killing Basilisks will net you more experience. Try to get a good weapon from BoL and it'll go even faster. At higher levels it isn't worth it to solo, but the Basilisks are absolutely worth it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

KaneTW posted:

Hm, I've done that on all my now-60s and whenever I asked people ran the optional rooms. Perhaps I just have been lucky.

I've leveled 2 characters to the high 50's now and I've also had no problems getting these types of quests finished. I've even seen people go out of their way to ask if anyone needed help finishing them. I've seen a couple people that were real assholes about it, but almost everyone is accommodating about dungeon quests.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There is most definitely invincibility frames on Slayer/Warrior dodges. Plus Warriors get Death from Above which is an attack that's also a dodge that has more invincibility frames than a normal dodge. Warriors also get an attack that reduces any damage they take while performing the attack. The normal dodge seems to be invincible the entire time you're in the air, but it has recovery frames when you hit the ground so you can't immediately go into another move. Blocking doesn't have any significant recovery frames so going from a class that primarily blocks to a class that primarily dodges feels more vulnerable. It's frustrating at first, but you get used to it. I definitely preferred blocking more than dodging when I first picked up the game.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Well I broke my story quest, was supposed to kill a guy in an instance and pick up his lance except my inventory was full so I didn't pick up his lance then some other mob blew me up while I was figuring out what to delete out of my inventory. When I came back to the instance the guy was gone and the lance with him. Resetting my instances doesn't do anything so I guess I'm hosed.

Try it again tomorrow. It will eventually reset. I had a similar thing happen to me where even after I reset the quest the instance wouldn't reset to let me try again even hours later. I just ignored it and went back to it some other day.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Velveteen posted:

Lancers are the FOTM right now. You can tell because they have the most expensive gear in the game and how many Lancers there are running around. From what I hear they're pretty good in PvP now.

Adding to this, though it isn't an objective look at class balance, the 2 classes that are whined about the most on EME official forums in terms of PvP are the Archer and the Lancer.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

megalodong posted:

Nah, all the trash there ignores normal aggro methods. I think they just go for whoever's furthest away at the time or something, but I only ever ran GL once because it's horrible.
It's more than made up for with akasha's hideout though, which owns and has great gear.

The mobs don't ignore aggro, their secondary aggro attacks just have a really long wind-up and they typically target people standing far from the tank. They go back to the tank after performing their attack. As a dps or healer you have to start paying attention to the visual cues associated with secondary aggro attacks in order to do GL before level 50. When you're the target of a secondary aggro attack, a symbol flashes above your head that looks like a white army private rank over an orange background and you get a dark blue circle at the foot of your character. The cues are actually very unobtrusive, which is a nice way of saying they are hard to spot unless you know what to look for. The game doesn't beat you over the head with it, or hell, even teach you what they are. Once you do recognize them and understand how to react (dodge, block, run away, disrupt attack) the trash mobs just become like any other trash mobs. But there are too many rooms in GL so it transitions from a ball busting dungeon to a boring one and completely misses ever being fun. So yeah, gently caress Golden Labyrinth.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

megalodong posted:

Even declared as an outlaw you cannot pvp where a vanarch has disabled pvp ... this is THE SINGLE worst design i've ever seen in the history of MMO ... on a pvp server a VANARCH can disable pvp for the zone ... OMFG seriously!

Dragongod Knightkings ... and Crowd the vanarch of arcadia worst guild and GM in the history of MMO. Signed about 10,000 players on Mount Tyrannas ... go play on a weenie server if you wanna pve.

Dragongod Knightkings are just a bunch of BR trolls that are laughing at you for complain. It's how they got off

I love it that turning off PvP is probably what gets us first place in the anarchy votes without any allies and griefs the hell out of the server. It's win-win. Don't know why other guilds aren't trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Like others have said, Golden Labyrinth is your intro to really paying attention to secondary aggro mechanics, and boy is it some intro. If you haven't been paying attention to the eyeball icon that pops up above your head or the glowing blue circle that appear at your feet, you'll start noticing them now. Bosses will pick random people to target and many trash mobs will ping pong to the farthest target away from them. Often that means either the sorc or the healer. And yeah, they hit hard enough to 1 or 2 shot you. Stuns and knockdowns stop these secondary attacks dead in their tracks so having Warriors, Slayers and Lancers that liberally throw out their stun attacks starts helping a lot more.

Don't despair too much though. GL is a pain in the rear end at lvl 48. You'll find that pretty much every dungeon after it will not be as bad in the sense that everything 1 shots you. Even getting to level 50 will help scale the damage down quite a lot if you have the patience to wait a couple more levels.

• Locked thread