Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

You mean a guild leader in a game with sexualised children was super creepy?

I'm almost shocked!

I think your response is getting pretty close to opening up a can of worms when the problem at hand is the Guild Master, and not the game aspects.

Not sure if Kewpuh is enforcing it in this thread, but he said in the previous thread to avoid this topic altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Mystics are basically just really good for their crit aura, but apparently they are much harder to actually utilize in something like MC HM. A while back there was stuff in the Korean game files or something with new mystic totems like attack speed and crit resist reduction, but we haven't seen any of that here yet.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

If you make a popori make sure the tails match. Don't make like a ferret popori with a stupid raccoon tail. That totally doesn't fit and drives me crazy.

There isn't a ferret tail! IT DOESN'T EXIST!

e: also the skinny tails do not fit fluffy Poporis :colbert:

Eigo fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 13, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

tearshed posted:

Heads up ya'll

:siren:You can pick up a boxed copy of Tera for **$12** at any EB games in Australia:siren:

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157688-Tera-PC

Benefits of physical copy here. (tawny huntress pack)

The emeralds sell to vendors for 1000g each. The scrolls and mount (if you choose to sell them) can net you another 2000g.

Semi-enigs can sell for 1000-1400 right now even without Tawny! Can anyone here confirm that the aus edition isn't something silly like Frogster? A quick Google doesn't really confirm anything to me within the first few results, and I assume a goon has already bought one there to confirm.
vvvv: Thanks! Might go hog wild and grab 4 copies and then use the gold from them to get stuff like race change.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 14, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Tokaii posted:

I often play mmo's to max level and then quit because I'm too old and slow for the speed and complicated mechanics of many end-game raids. A few games have offered other things to do at max level. What is the end-game situation in Tera?

The only real raids in the game right now are 5 man raids, there's a end game one that 7-20 but it isn't really needed. That being said, normal mode dungeons at 60 are not too complex to pass but the hard mode dungeons (for better gear) need you to learn about what boss does what. I'd say the end game fights are pretty fast paced in hard mode, but when it's a 5-man you can usually learn what you're doing wrong.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Carecat posted:

They could do something to make warrior tanking slightly easier. 9M is your largest taunt range and evasive roll constantly moving you and the boss, it's harsh.

Speaking of tanking, I'm in agreement with my friend that they should let berserkers tank as well to widen the number of classes that can do it. You've got one class that levels poorly and isn't very cool and the other is very demanding on player skill. Berserkers already have a block, slap the two warrior stances and Battle Cry on them too.

I think warriors definitely need a push so they can go through hard modes easier, but zerks have almost zero utility even if they could taunt. Their only stun is also a turnaround with very low chance, which would gently caress up DPS pretty bad while having them stop big moves very rarely and they don't have a debuff on endurance like warriors or lancers.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Doing something like spellbind boxes are probably better, you get 50 for 500 and they sell for 20G each which is double the rate of keys. There's probably better alternatives, and stuff like MW alks might sell for more, but keys definitely aren't worth it.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Forgot if I posted this before, but I'd like to buy a copy of TERA or two for a couple friends (and using the bonus gifts myself) from an Aus goon or something. I'd pay $15-20 per copy if anyone can still manage the $12 copies at EB Games.

e: I have PMs, but you can reply if you want to contact some other way!

vvv: they'd be getting founders for free :colbert:

Eigo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 19, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

Is the first two bosses difficult? If not then why are we doing ACHM ever!?

For all the fun we had!

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
You are all forgetting the atlas! Being able to teleport to any town for free without any cooldown is insane, let's you save a ton of space on scrolls and the new faction dailies are basically made to encourage atlas use. No broker fee quickly adds up also, and let's you put stuff up at higher prices without worrying about eating the fee.

e: But yeah, even if you only play on the weekends or something I'd probably still recommend elite for fresh 60s. It really helps getting reputation quickly to get the faction jewelry, and will feed your starting gear funds without having to actually run anything.

vvvv: I think they made it so you can transfer it between chars, but you only have one to use. Initially it was BoP, but I'm pretty sure they changed it already.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 22, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

killstealing posted:

Hahahaha this is amazing please keep us updated.

5 wars, angry area chat, angry whispers!

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Why do you hurt my heart like this.

You can visit the forum post linked earlier this page to experience half the dream!

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

HotBobaloo posted:

Any opinions on which melee class would be easiest/strongest to level for a new player? I usually play casters, so I want to try something different in this game? Also, do races really matter? They seem to be just for looks.

If you're looking for DPS, Slayers/Berserkers are common favorites and probably level the fastest. Races are very minor bonuses, you'd regret picking a race based on bonus alone so pick whichever one you like best (popori.)

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

SPQR just asked us if we are willing to do some friendly GvGs with them. If enough are willing we can set one up and fight with them. Just for fun not for rubbing faces in.

According to Ferret, they are our allies when he was guild leader and they have been voting for us the whole time!

They might not be anymore, but they did vote for us in the past.

Also:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

ndub posted:

Is assembling a set of PVP gear the herculean pain in the rear end that it seems to be? From what I gather you need to run nexus a bunch to get agnitor rep, buy crafting ingredients from the vendors, get the recipe from ???, masterwork it all, reroll the enchanting bonuses, and then upgrade it all to the max. Is there more or less to it than that?

You can buy the weapons/gear themselves for gold from players now, but it's all pretty much correct.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Another thread complaining, lovely. I don't get why people keep lying out their rear end though, we didn't hike taxes until Lolicon started running for Ost and we clearly weren't going to keep it.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I always read it as Join For Goons, but maybe it's also guilds or something. The term itself is used whenever some pubby who doesn't actually visit SA registers and wastes 10 bucks just to get into a guild with goons for goon "benefits" because they know the guild is from SA. Maybe they're here to turn on PVP, FROM THE INSIDE. :iiam:

KaneTW is also assuming people don't lurk before registering for this kind of stuff, I actually just browsed SA for the longest time before I decided to get back in FFXI and didn't want to do it alone. I never did end up getting back into it, though. :v:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

lethial posted:

But my question is how do you actually know what your dps is? For that matter where is the ping indicator?

You see ping by mousing over the clock/FPS counter if you have it enabled. As for DPS, you basically only get to guess; stealing aggro more often might be a sign, but that is also "how lucky is that guy with crits today."

For censoring, they gave them this weird undergarment for their stomach on stuff that isn't swimsuits, and put shorts instead of underwear on all their armors. Latter isn't really that jarring to look at, but the former has always looked out of place but is mostly an issue with cloth armor.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Condiv posted:

I've been debating dusting off my old warrior and trying this game after the change to F2P but one of the main things that killed my interest last time was the horrible enchanting grind. I know they implemented a system after KTera that made up to tier 13 weapons/armor gain better success rates as you failed but the patch notes for the F2P patch made it sound like they recently extended this to tier 14 stuff as well. Can anyone clarify this or give me a good idea of how much of a pain it is to enchant the newest tier of stuff is?

Enchanting as it stands relative to before is basically a breeze, fodder is insanely cheap although alkhahest prices are slightly up. If you fail any upgrade more than 10 times, even 9-12, you are likely having the bad end of the stick in terms of luck. Farming things like MES for gold, or doing dailies for 2k a day, allow you to quickly hit the +9 point on gear. Right now the bigger problem is MES costs being 440 and EME not really changing the success rate on that, but you only really need +9 weapons to beat dungeons if you get everything down with the exception of rank 1 SG and so on.

I'd say there's still quite a mountain to actually MW/max stuff, but hitting +9 is definitely easier.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
^^^^: that and my post

Friction.123 posted:

Is a boxed copy even worth it anymore? According to En Masse's website you don't get 30 days elite or EMP from a boxed copy after February 3rd. Is there any tangible benefit to a founders account anymore? A different looking mount doesn't cut it.

Also, is there any to make it so your not constantly staring at your character's underwear while running? Don't want to start a stupid argument but I do want to know.

There's still all 4 bank slots, 8 char slots, and so on without having elite: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/founder-status-get-it-while-it-s-hot

One of the biggest original benefits was avoiding queue times, but they seem to have gotten those almost eliminated now that the population is more spread out.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
^^^^: Blue is like, another target for a set move or spell afaik.

Asylum is still really upset about Aracdia no PVP.

Enchanting numbers being compiled would need half the server, if we did it off me and 10 other goons the average MES would take 70. :smith:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
You could probably have it fixed by support, but who knows what other actions they'll take. :v:

Vvvv: Just multibox a healer, all problems solved!

Eigo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 7, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

KaneTW posted:

And even then.
(MCHM Queen with 4 warriors takes 10 minutes, but 5 minutes with 4 zerkers. Warriors might have been bad though.)

Warriors are something that fall off in efficiency for every warrior in the party. Their debuffs add a large amount of damage for other members, but if they're under geared or there's more warriors it doesn't work out.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

We need to start a petition to remove nexus, or at least change it so it doesn't lag everything else in the game. Before nexus my game runs beautifully, nexus starts and I freeze or get random crashes. It's pretty annoying. Right now it's saying can't connect to server, wonder if login server is dead again.

They're changing it this month, there's a forum post about it.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Do any goons know how to set up a wiki that requires some of the automated goon authorization methods to view and join it? TERA really needs a real wiki, but I hate pubbies and would rather not share the wealth of knowledge if we're going to be the ones putting in the data.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

killstealing posted:

All the stuff is already out there, but you could set up a wiki to more easily access all the very useful stuff that pubbie wrote on his stupid pubbie website (I think it's in the OP).

Everything is pretty much all over the place, get outdated because the OP doesn't update, and so on. There's no set strategy in a lot of them that goons follow, much like in SG.

e: though I guess goon auth is mostly overkill if I'm mostly just bringing everything together and updating it

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
It'd be nice if they added something in for existing 60 players, but I don't really find the lack of our part in the event insulting since it's purely to grab new players. My problem is not allowing people who are already under x level on all chars to do it with the same account they already have, I had a friend start and get founders already and now that's kind of out.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Is the robot thing buyable, or do you need to pray you get lucky with the toolboxes?

I have more money then time so I'll just buy it if the former's the case but I really do want one if it's the latter. :ohdear:

By the way. When I last played TERA, I was pretty rich with a few thousand gold, but apparently the elite bug made massive gold inflation occur. Just how bad was it?

Buyable from players for 15k for a single char, and perm versions through EMP is account wide only. I think as it stands, you'd get a perm char version for cheaper by selling EMP items for gold than if you bought the mount with EMP.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
There is literally no gold sink in the game besides charms, refined alks (which come a shitload from strongboxes and drops) and probably a few small things I can't think of. Without masterwork alks being a goldsink, inflation is pretty bad. One of the other major causes might be strongbox keys giving out rubies and what not for further magical gold, but dailies probably create ten times that.

e: spellbinds were removed too, yeah.

e2: oh, right, elite not paying broker fees is also gigantic

Eigo fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 10, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Carecat posted:

Let us not consider the boring grind. Let us consider how to profit from it! Stockpile level 27 yellows?

Also here's a chart of how Regent pricing has changed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Mvu-vhWUedFpRSElRZnFoaVZVdkFMWFJBWU04SWc&usp=sharing

This chart is off, I've seen Sovereign axes listed for 45k just a couple days ago on broker and one guy (through non broker) was doing 35k the same day.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Slayers are better than zerkers with exception of targets that stand still and don't have things that are required to dash out of, which is far and few.

Getting knocked down with a full charge is a gigantic loss of DPS, a lot of hard mode monsters have unblockable attacks that are easier to dodge or dash out of which beserkers lack. Slayers can end up getting 600-700k crits for moves that take half a second to use, while zerkers do 1.2 mil with something that doesn't reset and takes ten times longer than the other. The overhand 3% life return and stuns slayer has also makes it a much better 1v1 against bams for soloing dungeons and so on, as zerks lack the ability to get behind them and keep it that way. (stagger almost never stuns)

Beserkers, however, are the funnest class. :colbert:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

Are they still giving those sunglasses away? Thats the only thing I care about.

Yes, shades are there.

Also, the prices will probably drop insanely hard after this event but semi-enigs are currently 2600; 26k would buy you two robot mounts.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Tensei posted:

I'm up for it on Desumetaru!

From what I can tell, there aren't really any new gimmicks to the queen fight on hard mode, but everything just comes out faster and hits harder. The donut and the bomb attack are both instakills, the debuff phase doesn't get an announcement, and each debuff hits for 40k rather than 20k. Stuff like the lasers and the root are still blockable.

I'm up for it, but the debuff doing double damage is pretty dumb. I'm still really afraid of how the bomb will be for zerkers with higher attack speed, but the last run seemed to work pretty well by just only landing attacks when she attacks.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

Well I am pretty drat lucky, just ask anyone.

Are you Juicy? I can safely say you can do a MC HM solo and get the roll on a regent weapon solo, get to it.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/celebrate-st-patrick-s-day-in-tera-rising
I don't think this was linked with the patch notes, but double drops weekend; time to farm forever.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Goons, I'll be trying to get the terrible event hat with keys so if you want to sell them to me for 150-190 each that'd be swell! Ferret/Mecha in game.

e: I'm also desperate enough to pay 200, but please have mercy. 2640 EMP(50 keys) for 10k is also a thing I'd do.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 14, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

IRSmurf posted:

I bought my first pack of three toolboxes tonight. The second one gave me an EX-TRM Mount. I listed it for ~15.8k. Should I hold on to it and wait for prices to climb or is it going to drop in value?

I'd probably be content with the 15k mark, it dipped as low as 12k earlier and it's risen and went stable around 12-15k since.

e: looks like it might still rise a little from the broker history, but I'd assume it wouldn't rise that much unless this event messes with the economy more

Eigo fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 14, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Wasted 140 keys and never got the alks, lost way more money than normal, and now keys cost 400-500 each. The server showed dozens of people getting stacks, really depressing I put 25k down and only made a 8k return or so.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
A few posts are saying a DDoS started before nexus even started, and only MT crashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I really don't think we need to care as long as they're smart enough to do something like that, lurker goons as far as I'm concerned have always been fine.

• Locked thread