Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Here's a quick-and-dirty method to getting the US Steam client working outside the US (or at least in South Korea)

1) Install the ZenMate addon (Free) for Firefox or Chrome, or whatever the hell browser you're using. This allows you to pretend you're browsing from the US, and allows the tera.enmasse.com website to actually work.
2) Install some proxy program or whatever. I use Spotflux. (Free trial, $24/year after iirc)
3) Install client through Steam.
4) Start Spotflux
5) Start TERA launcher, login (It will ALWAYS bitch about Account Armor until you log in through all of the IPs registered to your proxy service)
6) Click play. Wait for the error message that it can't connect to the server. (Or, if you're lucky, it gets you to the character select)
7) Once you're at the server select screen, alt-tab and kill your proxy connection.
8) Play TERA.

Turns out, En Masse' network authentication only checks what region you're in when you connect to the login servers. The game servers themselves don't seem to give two shits once you have a session token. I guess the short answer is yes, you need a VPN, but only for the first thirty seconds.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

It's the one on the left apparently. Looks like the same armor you see when you select the class at character creation.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

chumbler posted:

probably the best one on the market in basically every respect.

Their website is hot garbage.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

croutonZA posted:

So, turns out En Masse block IPs from my region because we're all cyber-terrorists or something. Guess it's EU servers for me or spend my free time doing something productive.

Shalhavet posted:

Here's a quick-and-dirty method to getting the US Steam client working outside the US (or at least in South Korea)

1) Install the ZenMate addon (Free) for Firefox or Chrome, or whatever the hell browser you're using. This allows you to pretend you're browsing from the US, and allows the tera.enmasse.com website to actually work.
2) Install some proxy program or whatever. I use Spotflux. (Free trial, $24/year after iirc)
3) Install client through Steam.
4) Start Spotflux
5) Start TERA launcher, login (It will ALWAYS bitch about Account Armor until you log in through all of the IPs registered to your proxy service)
6) Click play. Wait for the error message that it can't connect to the server. (Or, if you're lucky, it gets you to the character select)
7) Once you're at the server select screen, alt-tab and kill your proxy connection.
8) Play TERA.

Turns out, En Masse' network authentication only checks what region you're in when you connect to the login servers. The game servers themselves don't seem to give two shits once you have a session token. I guess the short answer is yes, you need a VPN, but only for the first thirty seconds.

Give this a shot.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Pierson posted:

They need to release a healing class on par with Gunner and Brawler and render all other classes obsolete already.

Also I noticed a couple of guys used my Buddy Code, thanks you two! Enjoy your stuff!

Yeah, I grabbed it for my Brawler (which is hilariously fun and good)

• Locked thread