Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is there a wardrobe or transmuting option in Tera? So you can wear something you like the look of no matter it's level? Also, thinking about trying this out and wondering about transfer options. Worried about a PVP server with long queues, could I theoretically level up on a pve server and then transfer over to be with the goons? Or is ganking while leveling not much of a concern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh, are there any mounts besides cash shop/CE lion that my slutty elf won't ride side saddle? Hate that, but probably stuck with horsies until 60 aren't I? :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

KaneTW posted:

Side saddles are the worst thing and I don't get it why every MMO ever has them. It's the 21st century, not the 19th.

It just seems weird to kill monsters with my fierce warrior, and then hop on the horse like a Victorian lady. Really enjoying the game, well the first areas at least. Now if I can just decide on a class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm really enjoying my warrior, though not even 20 yet. But I get the feeling that I'm going to be sub-par dps for dungeons. Is that the case?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

You're a tank, and don't let those filthy lancers tell you otherwise. You won't have anywhere near the same DPS capabilities. You do decent steady damage and have a lot of nice debuffs to throw around.

Oof, I don't think I am good enough to tank on my first char with this style of combat.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah I heard about those, I think priests are getting a buff? But probably a lot of balance changes coming with it. Is the game popular in Korea? Seems like a big advantage it could have is that Korea pumps out content and they just have to localize it for the f2p in NA/EU.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Carecat posted:

Warrior just does less DPS than any other melee class until max level.

According to the class forum on Tera's site, warriors will "soon" get assault/defensive stance 3. The assault stance giving a boost to dps. Of course that's if it actually happens, and if the other dps don't also get a bump at the same time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

drat, I was planning on making a new account tomorrow and getting that sweet robot mount thing :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm level 39 now and I have an outfit that I want to be able to use as a template so I can rock my stuff when I get my level 60 armour. I know very little about armour templates, so how do they work? Can I apply the same template to a load of different armour sets, or is it a one-off thing?

Unfortunately, the outfit is mostly made up of bits that can't be stored in my Bank (why do they do this?!) so I have to carry it around with me, or just sell it and try to re-obtain it when I'm at 60.

There is an equipment remodeler vendor in Velika that I found. It worked like transmute stones in GW2, choosing that option pulled up a window and in one slot I put the gear, and the other I put the visual model I want. Unless it's different for endgame gear, it should be fine as long as the visual piece says "can be used as a template" on it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The lockbox key perk for elite status, do you get a certain amount given to you? Or do they just start dropping from mobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I was iffy on my warrior in the late teens and early 20's, but now it just keeps getting better and better in the 30's. I pretty much just charging slash>pounce>traverse cut>death from above (can cut off traverse if the mob is doing an attack)>vortex>blade draw. That can all be done pretty quickly and the mobs just melt. Not going to make 60 by the end of the leveling contest, but should make 50 at least and get the mount :toot:

• Locked thread