Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Pierson posted:

So I've been told that at 58 ~*~SoMeThInG~*~ happens that makes the final two levels go by much quicker than the infamous 52-57 sinkhole. I'm coming up pretty close on 58 so what exactly is it/where should I go to make this happen?
I was told the same thing and was a bit sceptical, but it is a huge difference. At 56 I needed to kill each of the 16 mobs one after the other and each fight took half a minute. For the 59 quests I only needed 6 mobs to finish the quest and I was able to kill them all with one Cyclone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

gibbed posted:

My first BAM was shaped like an egg which turned into a loving spider when I curiously shot it.

Ovoliths! :argh:

(This was near Lumbertown)
Just wait until you decide to harvest that plant over there between the piles of rock.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
1) Is the PvP fun/competitive?
Yes it is.

2) How is endgame for PvP? Is there an arena system with small-scale (3 or less people per team) matches (with ladder)?
There is 3v3 battlegrounds

3) Is there enough depth to the combat that "PvP skill" is genuinely important and meaningful?
Definitely.

4) Does the endgame PvE require massive groups? Is there significant/important content I will be cut off from because I don't want to play with more than 10 people at once?\
No, Dungeons are 5 players per group, Nexus requires at least 7 players. That's it.

5) Are free players significantly restricted from content or is it a "you'll have to grind a bit more and look less pretty" type situation?
Elite players get 1 hr of exp boost, free players don't level any slower than subscribers before F2P

6) How long do PvP matches last? Does it boil down to "who can blow their load and instagib faster," "Smack the other guy in the face for hours until his healer runs out of mana," or is there a happy middle-ground?
No idea, I never did Battlegrounds.

e: Also, how is the moderation? If I grief and exploit poo poo to make people mad all day, will the mods be on my rear end or is it like many other MMOs where they don't give a single increment of poo poo?
I haven't really heard of mods intervening with PvP so far.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Do Warriors still get the tanking buff in instances when they queued as tank? Or has that been removed by now?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
My Tera just went dead. Did Nexus finally kill the servers?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Can you provoke a lag spike by temporarily interrupting your internet connection?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
The last few weeks I felt like I was getting poorer and poorer despite making 1-2k per day with dailies.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

This is good to know, for me I'm still EU based as my buddies play on the EU servers too, I may hop over (have both clients installed anyway) if they stop playing, but for now I'm rooted to EU.

What exactly is it that makes the EU servers so bad? Nobody here has given any examples.

The EU servers are often behind on updates, the prices in the Store are a lot higher and the support is worse.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Unoriginal One posted:

From what I've done so far, you'll primarily be using block and Death From Above while squeezing in attacks of your own between the boss' to keep your Resolve up. Dodge is handy if you need to reposition yourself quickly(or you really need the iframes and DFA's down), but for the most part you're going to want to keep the target relatively still so the DPS can rip into it's back without having to run around all over the place.
How do you hold Aggro? Whenever I had to tank something, it quickly ended up with the mob all over the place.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Tensei posted:

This is my favorite, especially considering our abysmal GvG record where we routinely get mass-ganked during Nexus. :allears:
That post is talking about NSMB, not DGKK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I know it's an NPC, yet your own hypothetical character isn't obligated to have a gigantic fivehead and fist-spaced doll eyes as well. It's nothing compared to the Nightmare Generator of the Tera 'Random' button, which is really really funny to click nonstop for about 15 minutes

Yeah but at least in Tera the npcs don't look like that.

• Locked thread