Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

tearshed posted:

Tera newbie here. Holy smokes! This game feels fluid. I'm in australia and it feels like I'm playing with 150ms ping or something. Much better than WoW response times. I think they use some cheats though, like when you cast an instant ability while moving it sets you back a little bit.
Yes, the client is very heavily predicted and you can see just how much when the Nexus event starts up and certain things just stop working.

tearshed posted:

Question: Me and a group of friends (5-6 of us) all started playing tera F2P a few days ago. Some of my friends said they got "item claim" mail and it had keys in there for opening locked boxes. And those boxes had gems worth 100-200g! But I never got any keys? I only have a weird mask in item claim. What gives?
Everyone got 3 keys in item claim for the recent server downtime as compensation. Not sure why you didn't. People who are elite also receive 10 keys a month. People who had an active subscription prior to the F2P launch got a free month of elite.

tearshed posted:

Shared bank? Huh?
Your bank is shared across all characters, anything you can place in there can be withdrawn by another character on the same account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Carecat posted:

Is it still possible to get the Tawny pack keys? I'd just want the reversed one.
All physical keys are valid as Tawny pack keys when reversed.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

tearshed posted:

Heads up ya'll

:siren:You can pick up a boxed copy of Tera for **$12** at any EB games in Australia:siren:

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157688-Tera-PC

Benefits of physical copy here. (tawny huntress pack)

The emeralds sell to vendors for 1000g each. The scrolls and mount (if you choose to sell them) can net you another 2000g.
Have you actually confirmed this is for En Masse's TERA (US)? Because the box picture has an Ubisoft logo on it, and they published the retail copies for Frogster's TERA (EU).

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

tearshed posted:

I made a Tera U.S. F2P account a week ago.

I bought tera boxed copy from EB games today.

I applied the code normal and backwards.

I am now a veteran/founder and have 4000 gold worth of items.

All of that I did before I made my announcement.

Now go enjoy cheap stuff~

edit; took a quick picture. no ubisoft, has enmasse on it
Cool, just wanted to make sure people didn't buy the wrong thing. I'm guessing EB grabbed a random box image instead of using a proper one.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Velveteen posted:

When you reach 20 you meet your first BAM, the basilisk. Its most likely going to stomp you into the ground the first few times trying it.
My first BAM was shaped like an egg which turned into a loving spider when I curiously shot it.

Ovoliths! :argh:

(This was near Lumbertown)

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Fixit posted:

Odd question, does each new account get 3 keys for lockboxes? If so, are people spamming new accounts and grabbing 3 free keys then selling them and sending the money to their main account through the mail system?
The 3 lockbox keys were compensation for recent server downtime, I doubt they're giving it out to completely new accounts. If they are... that's one heck of an oversight.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Demicol posted:

What code? Or is this an US only thing?
Any physical retail code can be entered backwards to receive the Tawny pack, which includes two emeralds.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Thievery posted:

That last shot is awesome. Pretty excited for when I get to that zone, though i'm only in my 20's at the moment and that place is probably like, the end game.
Level 45ish.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

RedMagus posted:

How benifical would it be to have my lvl46 butt go and drag lowbies through some of the earlier dungeons for loot and quest completion? Would they be able to get credit, or would me being way past those quests do more harm? I'm asking because I've been looking to do something as a break from questing and leveling craft skills. Plus I'd like to do something to help out the new guys.
I believe when you're 5 levels or above compared to the lowest level person in a party, it severely nukes loot droprate.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Stop tempting me to spend money on this game. :negative:
So save up the necessary gold and buy it from the broker.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

KaneTW posted:

I've never seen groups not do quests if anyone needed those so that's weird.
The easiest example is Necromancer Tomb, every time I ran it they all skipped the central optional rooms which have quests for the mobs inside them.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Fixit posted:

How do you view what an item looks like when using the broker?
Ctrl+Right Click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Ugh, are there any mounts besides cash shop/CE lion that my slutty elf won't ride side saddle? Hate that, but probably stuck with horsies until 60 aren't I? :(
I was wondering if I was the only one annoyed by that. Unfortunately the fastest mount in the game is a horse (Honor Steed).

• Locked thread