Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Good to know, I thought it might be so. Thanks duders, I appreciate you saving me from getting powerfucked.

One think to also consider is what happens if something breaks or is faulty.

Personally, I only buy camera stuff from an internet seller with a rock solid reputation or from a bricks and mortar shop where I can deal with someone face-to-face.

If that bumps up the price by a few percent, I figure it is worth the extra cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

That leads to a further show-me challenge: show me a camera or photography forum that isn't utterly terrible.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=247

spog
Aug 7, 2004

SoundMonkey posted:

This but unironically. And that fact is deeply sad.

Funnily enough, it was only about 10 mins ago that I went to FredMiranda.com for the first time in a while. I read this:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1216374/0

And realised just how appalling virtually all forums are, apart from this one.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

SoundMonkey posted:

As evidenced by the fact that both Canon and Nikon have, at some point, made a camera called the D60.

Shock horror, Canon and Nikon are uncreative and boring.

Platystemon posted:

I miss the asterisk‐ist dee.

Ah yes, the 'what is a search engine?' model.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Question Mark Mound posted:

edit: Well the 600D does have that in-camera tutorial as to what each feature does and an auto-scene selector, but ideally I'd be able to learn enough to not need it after a couple of weeks hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Shellman posted:

Man. Coming off of the 30 day trial I was planning on buying the student version, but now I'm feeling like I should drop the extra $50 and just get the full "real" version if that's the case. They really do get their hooks into you with the trial.

How the hell are they going to enforce that?

• Locked thread