Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Sassafras posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1275155422551379968

Trump has signed a lot of executive orders that don't really stick, but just in case anyone thinks that our low low April immigration numbers were anything other than a pandemic-induced flash in the pan and they won't make up for lost time later...

I'm so loving relieved right now, my employer has been shipping us across the border willy-nilly, letters in hand to avoid quarantine on either side. This prevents me from obtaining a work visa at all and keeps me in Canada until next year, thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Unless they find an exception for you to get a TN, which doesn't seem to be included in the lists I've seen.

Prob because it's an international treaty thing.

Honestly though in tech this is just going to result in a fuckload more offshoring and maybe some new regional offices opening up outside the US.

I specifically fall under the 1L-B for intercompany transfers cross border, I'm safe. I build wind turbines I'm not getting a TN.

Unless they just send me for "training" for a few months, of course.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

JawKnee posted:

or the insane concentration of capital in the hands of the few means that when vast swathes of people sudden need to sell their homes at a loss, rather than a lack of buyers we're going to see entire neighborhoods owned by very few people

We're going to see the largest transfer of lands into private equity and ultra-wealthy hands in centuries, yes.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
How do you all think the refugee crisis resulting from the impending Second American Civil War is going to impact Canadian housing costs in our border cities?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
And people still think it's unreasonable to start threshing the top of the pyramid. Literally.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I've had three loving properties sell out from under me in the Stikine in the past month, including my dream house which had sat on the market for four years. Anything with even barely arable land and not hours up a dirt road is selling like mad up there.

Might end up buying something hours up a dirt road at this rate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Bank Of Canada Pumping Billions Into Mortgage Liquidity To Prop Up Real Estate

That graph, LMBAO.