Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
Good to see that Montreal's doing ok for housing prices. Montreal's job market is actually really good, too, for a city of its size. You just have to be bilingual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Cultural Imperial posted:

Are you young?

Then what are you still doing in Vancouver?

http://twitpic.com/d8bc5c/full

At one point, Vancouver was seen as such a nice place for young people from Midwestern Canada to move. It, after all, was a place where you could have tattoos, listen to punk rock, and maybe even practice homosexuality if you wanted without the fear of discrimination or persecution. Sure, employment possibilities were limited, but there you had the chance to be free for once in your life. Then everyone else joined in and hosed up the housing market more and increased the competition for work. It was time, then, for the young libertine youth to move on for greener pastures.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

sleep with the vicious posted:

I'm getting a big raise to move to Toronto later this year and I'm looking at moderately nice apartments or preferably townhouses with a small backyard. I don't understand how anyone can afford this poo poo. I've been watching rent prices weekly for two months now and they have not changed.

How do people live like this, it's insane.

Canadian rent and housing prices are a national tragedy and crisis and nothing will ever be done about it

I recommend haggling with the landlords. Pretty sure they'll move on the price if you push them right now.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Baronjutter posted:

I got a mortgage at TD. They bungled every step, constantly asking for more documents, constantly telling me we were done, then coming back and saying ooops we forgot to ask for X and Y documents too. Over and over, for a month. We almost missed out on the house due to how lovely TD was.

Since we have a TD mortgage offer signed and in place we are now trying to get a broker who knows what they're doing to get us a better one in between going unconditional and signing everything with the lawyers. Oh god TD is so bad at this. don't go with TD...

Honestly, I think this is every mortgage lender.