Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If anyone wants to buy it off GMG then GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS works for 20% off.

I'm enthused!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Attention Horse posted:

VPN'd it open. Korean FlyVPN worked flawlessly.

What the hell is "Exclusive Fullscreen" and "High precision"?

edit: Hahaha, holy poo poo, TresFX looks terrible.

More generally, how demanding is it graphically? I have a GTX460 1gig, 4 gig RAM and a Phenom ii x3 720, which is somewhere between the minimum and recommended settings. Does it scale nicely?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Attention Horse posted:

I have a 560Ti, 8 gig ram, i5 2320 and with these settings:

benchmark performed pretty nicely - 40 fps on average.

I'll tell you more in a sec, right now I'm downloading the English language pack, because the Polish version is terrible.

Thanks, that sounds like it should be okay for me then, the 460 isn't too much worse than the Ti and I don't mind turning a few things down.

What's weird about the subtitles?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

That makes sense. I was willing to pay $35 or whatever for a cool tech demo but I guess if I'm buying it for gameplay I'll just wait until Christmas when the game is $10. Thanks.

FFXIII has good hair. Pixar do good hair too. Oh and Bayonetta has a character completely dressed in hair. Magic hair.

If computerised hair is your uh thing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Camaro83 posted:

Are you guys playing with mouse/keyboard or controller? I haven't really touched this yet since I've been engrossed in Simcity so far, but I'm curious what control scheme works better.

I'm on mouse and it feels fine.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Daimo posted:

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm really really impressed with the graphics. For anyone interested I have a C2Q 2.33ghz/4gb RAM/GTX460 and here is what it looks like http://imgur.com/a/92Jcl. On the other hand it is really linear so far with no logic puzzles, but that might just be because I've only played 3 hours. I also don't like watching a young girl go through all this trauma, call me sensitive but its a turn off. I much preferred it when Lara was a badass. Weird jumping physics too.

Same with me re performance on a very similar rig - smooth and beautiful after I turned down shadows.

And I agree about the intensity - this is one time where a trigger warning is warranted, that first choking scene holy gently caress. Especially as it's a difficulty spike so you might have to go through it a few times.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Renoistic posted:

Does anyone know if there is some graphic option that steals a lot of resources without making much of a difference?
I can run the game on the "Normal" setting but it's pretty sluggish on my computer but I don't want to loose too much detail...
I have a AMD X4 3,20GHz CPU and a Geforce GTX 460 GPU and 4 gigs of RAM.

edit: Hope NVIDIA releases some new drivers soon. They are usually pretty quick and the new drivers usually make quite a difference!

That's my system and I'm going at about 40-50 fps. I turned shadows down from ultra to normal (and maybe hair to low?)that made things much smoother. Experiment with the benchmark tool in options, it's actually very good.

Also, Nvidia does have some beta drivers so you could download them - look in 'beta and legacy' on the nvidia site.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

My work nerdbuddy just told me that the QTEs with shrinking circle can be triggered at any point. I've been waiting until the circle shrinks to almost nothing. This will make my excitingly gritty fantasy life way easier.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yes there is, use the app in this thread.

It works ok, but cutscenes sometimes blank out and go flat grey for a bit which is less than ideal. I'm considering putting TR aside until the issues are fixed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm on a 460 and it's good on med/high settings... though post processing doesn't work without another app and the fps is inexplicably variable (feels like a memory leak, will hopefully be fixed in a patch). Still very handsome though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hikaki posted:

For anyone who's using the borderless window app: are you getting a grey screen every time you take damage? It only seems to happen when I use the app. I really wish I could get post-processing working like this, but having no vision whenever I get hit kind of kills it.

Yep. And in some cutscenes.

:smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MadJackMcJack posted:

Everyone else makes that choice when they try and murder Lara.

That, or she's channeling my rage at the QTEs. Fuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk whoever designed that wolf cave one.

Black Wolf needs food, badly.

AlternateAccount posted:

What the gently caress is this even saying?

You kill the bad mens because they are trying to kill you instead. This is not an inherently evil act.

It's the ludonarrative dissonance of having more and more realistic characters in a more and more realistic world that are still acting like they're fighting off space invaders in 1983.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 12, 2013

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dan Didio posted:

All the content you saw in the promotional stuff is in there, but it's a very different game than those trailers would suggest.

And, while she gets impaled on quite a few things, sometimes a foot-long piece of rebar to the kidneys is just a foot-long piece of rebar to the kidneys.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

notZaar posted:

It is a nice touch, except that seconds after having her abdomen horribly pierced she's running and climbing just fine. It's a little dissonant.

Running, climbing and swimming through sewage. After being impaled on rusty metal.

In my head-canon she finishes the game then dies three hours later from septicaemia, massive blood loss and hyper-tetanus.

Edit: ^^^ weirdly I agree with both the two posts above at the same time; the verisimilitude of the way the grittygrim realism and the action movie heroics interact is clunky, but it's a very minor issue.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 17, 2013

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DrNutt posted:

This is really dumb and dismissive, and I for one am glad that critical thought and discussion is at least tolerated with some civility here on SA. How the gently caress else does media improve, if not through criticism?

I think it's telling that games is the only electronic media not in The Finer Arts sub forum because apparently gamers still can't grasp that criticism != poo poo talking.

I loved this game but there are plenty of problems that deserve discussion and I'm glad there's at least one place on the Internet that can happen with punctuation and relative civility.

Oh, Lara gets punctuated alright.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

morsanlgeos posted:

I don't know what just happened, but I think I like it.

EDIT:

RAIDER 7

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

notZaar posted:

Hah, well that's the general idea with hair. Now we just need the computing power to make the noodles smaller and more numerous.

Yeah, I thought the patched TressFX looked very nice though my computer doesn't have the ergs to run it so I only saw it in stop motion.

It does make the game look like a shampoo commercial though. 'Swimming through raw sewage and the blood of 1000 screaming sacrifices must be hard on your hair, Lara Croft - how do you keep it looking so luxurious?'

The next stage is getting it to look convincingly lanky and disgusting, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Daimo posted:

This is going to be a soulless cash in and you can quote me on that.

done

• Locked thread