Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

Is this really what people want from a tomb raider game?

Reminds me of of those first Aeon Flux shorts where Aeon dies gruesomely in every episode. Pretty bizarre for a triple A Ubisoft Squeenix title.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rookersh posted:

But yeah, since it's a generic pool, you use that deers meat to upgrade your AK.

I really like imagining my arsenal strewn with random animal parts. Chicken beak arrowheads, a foregrip made out of a wolf's tibia. The wilderness demands creativity.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So I was kind of iffy on this game until I got to the big plane crash site with the MANY cliffs, rope anchors, and tucked-away areas with collectibles and secrets. But this? This poo poo is awesome. Making a spiderweb of rope bridges, eating all the eggs and breaking all the boxes. I love it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

VibrioCholera posted:

Why am I so stupid and can't get past the quick time event where the dude is going to choke me? When do I click my dang mouse? :(

When the circle closes on the button prompt (or for a brief period after before the circle shrinks entirely).

Does anyone who's completed the game know if you're free to continue exploring the island afterward?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SurrealityCheck posted:

spoilerly monsters

This stuff.

I'm assuming these are late game enemies? Mind putting a spoiler on that?
I'm dumb.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 6, 2013

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I'm assuming they are not in the game at all? Mind reading at least the whole page before complaining?

Oops. My fault.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SurrealityCheck posted:

Do not worry! They are still technically spoilers, because now you know what is not in the game!

I just encountered the hulking spectral samurai so tree witches and finger demons don't seem so left field anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hey, there aren't even any crossbows in this game!

• Locked thread