Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Video game marketing is based around the idea of how cool it is to kill people/see people dying. Why would they want to show any of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I saw three hour stream a few days ago and it's nothing like Far Cry 3. Uncharted's combat/platforming + Batman Arkham Asylum's exploration is a closer description. There's almost no point in gathering from plants or hunting animals beyond experience that you get from killing enemies or completing challenges. Basically, the gameplay itself is linear, but almost every area seems to be large and encourage exploration once you're done with it just like Arkham Asylum, including coming back later (which you do by using fast travel in camps, it's not an open world game like Skyrim/Far Cry 3) with better equipment to access areas with collectibles.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

No they aren't. They are concept art for early ideas they had for this game.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

mmtt posted:

Did anyone else get some (closet) lesbian vibes from Lara ? I mean she is always after Sam, all the photos she has are of her and Sam and you can see she cares about Sam more than anyone else, and at the end, she carries off Sam in her arms in a true male fashion.

Did you get lost on your way to fanfiction.net?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

So to hopefully move this thread away from the ticking time bomb that is this topic, how is the multiplayer? Is it a gorier Uncharted where you can climb objects and so on or is it more like Gears of War which is rigid cover shooting? I probably won't have time to check for a while.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Jetrauben posted:

...and herein lies the problem. Why is Lara Croft held to a higher standard than any other protagonist in her genre? Because she's female.

What? I've seen this discussion ad nauseam for a lot of titles with male protagonists too.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Her falling on that spike then immediately walking through the cave/sewer water with an open wound was the only thing in the game that made me go "wait, what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

• Locked thread