Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gasperkun posted:

I snagged this one at the last minute

Am I missing something? It says it's up for 25 more days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Am I missing something? It says it's up for 25 more days.

When I bought it the offer was about to end. It was already extended from Cyber Monday week. It looks like after the extension ran out, they extended it again. So at the time of purchase it was just in time.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I bought it and my first impression is: holy poo poo this is a lot of stuff, drat.

My second impression is: I'm gonna have to invest a serious chunk of time in figuring out how the hell this software even works.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Epimas 2020 has begun!

70 authors have contributed to 7 bundles for $30 each (or one big bundle for $120)! Don't buy for yourself, give them as a gift. The description has WAY MORE information, including links to all seven bundles, so give it a click and check it out. We've got winners like grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan, Turn, THE BLOODY-HANDED NAME of BRONZE, Midnight Signal, LIGHT, You Are The Dungeon, and ABSOLUTE SWARMS MORE. So get in on this and give your friends an awesome gift or many.

(For what it's worth, grimDARK is in Prancer, but all the others have AMAZING games too.)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/BundleHolding/status/1341094847508324352

Extremely good bundle of holding with the Blades in the Dark + Heist deck, solo rules, and Doskvol Maps at $12.95; all that plus Scum & Villainy, Band of Blades, Hack the Planet, A Fistful of Darkness and Glow in the Dark (the five main hacks) for $29 total

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
For Canadian goons, Cthulhu Death May Die is nearly twenty bucks off at Amazon! I just tried it on TTS tonight, enjoyed it, and idly decided to see what it was going for in Canada, then blacked out and had purchased it before I knew what was happening.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Cross posting from the Chat thread

If you guys were ever interested in Warhammer/Warhammer 40K games for PC there is a tremendous deal if you buy the physical copy of the 462nd issue of White Dwarf for $9.

quote:

The 12 games provided as part of the promotion are: Total War: Warhammer (plus the Call of the Beastmen DLC), Warhammer: 40,000: Dawn of War, Warhammer: 40,000: Space Marine, Warhammer: 40,000: Armageddon Da Orks, Warhammer: 40,000: Sanctus Reach, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Warhammer: 40,000: Space Wolf, Warhammer Quest, Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times, Warhammer Underworlds Online, Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus, and Talisman: Digital Edition.
The code also redeems a 75% off voucher for 4X strategy Warhammer 40,000: Gladius, and a Legendary Khorne pack for Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest, a free-to-play MMORPG/strategy hybrid.

These are all available with one Steam key.

https://www.ign.com/articles/free-warhammer-games-white-dwarf-march-2021

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
sadly, it's long since sold out here.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

SirFozzie posted:

sadly, it's long since sold out here.

When I went to B&N to get one for my kid they had a few left, want me to go see if its still available? I'll shoot you a PM, I think it cost me 9 bucks so if you want to paypal that would be rad.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Hello hello friends! Thank you all who participated in the grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan Deal of the Day - or who already owned copies! I got the word that some people were disappointed that the physical copy is on sale, so I decided to make a little fix - from now until the 22nd of April, grimDARK: A Fistful of Ashcan Edition is available in physical for $8.99! That's approximately 55% off, a little over half! You can get your 55% off copies using the coupon below or by clicking this link, but act fast - only 100 55% off copies are available!

Special Coupon Here!

Winner of the 2002 Golde EMny for Best

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Flaggy posted:

When I went to B&N to get one for my kid they had a few left, want me to go see if its still available? I'll shoot you a PM, I think it cost me 9 bucks so if you want to paypal that would be rad.

If you can, that'd bve appreciated.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

JAWS, a Fury of Dracula lite, is on sale at Target for $8.44

https://www.target.com/p/ravensburg...gt_adv_xasd0002

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

DCC and DCC Lankhmar bundles in bundleofholding for the next 20 days:

DCC posted:

Base
DCC RPG rulebook
The Black Heart of Thakulon the Undying
Sailors on the Starless Sea
DCC Judge's Screen

Bonus

3 low-level DCC adventures:
Queen of Elfland's Son - Moon-Slaves of the Cannibal Kingdom - Star Wound of Abaddon

3 higher-level DCC adventures:
Emirikol Was Framed! - Beyond the Black Gate - Imprisoned in the God-Skull

Lankhmar posted:

Base
DCC Lankhmar Boxed Set
Gang Lords of Lankhmar

Bonus
The Land of the Eight Cities
A Dozen Lankhmar Locations

3 2nd-level Lankhmar adventures
The Fence's Fortuitous Folly - Acting Up in Lankhmar - Grave Matters

3 higher-level Lankhmar adventures
Rats of Ilthmar - Violence for Votishal - Blasphemy and Larceny

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Speaking of, Bundle of Holding has launched a store which will have some of their Starting Bundles.

https://bundleofholding.com/store

So that's pretty damned cool honestly.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Big `ol Itch.io creator sale on today.

You can, for example, get both LIFTS 1 & 2 for 15% on for the next 10 or so hours.

Korvidae Games Buy This and Get Stronger Sale

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

slap me and kiss me posted:

Big `ol Itch.io creator sale on today.
You can get my cosmic body horror one-shot, with all the rules included, for 25% off today: https://atypicalfaux.itch.io/the-pried-eye. And if you join my mailing list here, you'll get future beta drafts and art-less versions of my releases for free and be entered into free boardgame giveaways!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

JMBosch posted:

You can get my cosmic body horror one-shot, with all the rules included, for 25% off today: https://atypicalfaux.itch.io/the-pried-eye. And if you join my mailing list here, you'll get future beta drafts and art-less versions of my releases for free and be entered into free boardgame giveaways!

Bold of you to lower your price. Should do what I did and raise it! Also $4 is way too cheap for a full-colour zine. Raise that price, friend.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Bold of you to lower your price. Should do what I did and raise it! Also $4 is way too cheap for a full-colour zine. Raise that price, friend.

Thanks for the tip. I was considering it. But even at that price, sales ain't great. I was hoping that undercutting other one-shots built on the same system (most being much less polished) would make my book more appealing, but I don't know if that's working. I'll probably raise it a bit when I release my second book...

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I have no idea how to find stuff on itch normally so maybe discoverability is the issue. Anyway I threw down for one and some community copies as well, looks cool

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Fumaofthelake posted:

I have no idea how to find stuff on itch normally so maybe discoverability is the issue. Anyway I threw down for one and some community copies as well, looks cool

Awesome! I appreciate the support. Because of sales today, 5 more free community copies are available!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

JMBosch posted:

Thanks for the tip. I was considering it. But even at that price, sales ain't great. I was hoping that undercutting other one-shots built on the same system (most being much less polished) would make my book more appealing, but I don't know if that's working. I'll probably raise it a bit when I release my second book...

Nah. You're actually falling into the number one fallacy of trying to sell your ttrpg projects. It's not that people aren't buying because your prices are too high, they're not buying because you're not getting enough eyes on your stuff.

Typical conversation rates are in the 0.5-3% range, so it's a question of how many people you can get to visit the itch page, not a question of how much your pdf costs (within reason, obviously, but the zone looks gorgeous and it's not percieved lack of value that's holding you back).

Edit: as a proof point, I literally doubled my LIFTS zine prices on dtrpg this month, and have earned the second highest month of revenue I've ever had because I'm sending more people to look at them.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Nah. You're actually falling into the number one fallacy of trying to sell your ttrpg projects. It's not that people aren't buying because your prices are too high, they're not buying because you're not getting enough eyes on your stuff.

Typical conversation rates are in the 0.5-3% range, so it's a question of how many people you can get to visit the itch page, not a question of how much your pdf costs (within reason, obviously, but the zone looks gorgeous and it's not percieved lack of value that's holding you back).

Edit: as a proof point, I literally doubled my LIFTS zine prices on dtrpg this month, and have earned the second highest month of revenue I've ever had because I'm sending more people to look at them.
Thanks for the advice; the stats help. My number of payments on itch are actually just over 4% of my views, so I guess sales are fairly good after all. I'll push the price up with my next release.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The hard work of ttrpgs isn't the writing, it's building an audience and selling.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Advertising!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrnMbhMgmw

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
Itch.io is having its Summer Sale 2021 for a little over a week, with about 550 TTRPG products on sale.

You can get both of my one-shot horror adventures for 25% off each or 44% off in a bundle. While they're designed for Trophy Dark, both books contain all the rules you need to play.

Penumbra
is a sci-fi adventure in which burnt-out Sap drillers will struggle to cross a desolate asteroid and add a few final grains of sand to their colony planet's proverbial hourglass. It's a bleak and lonely exploration of whether to fight the end. Think Armageddon meets Annihilation or something like that.

The Pried Eye
is a psychedelic adventure in which the sudden appearance of something spectacular and indescribable in the backwoods of rural 20th-century America will lure the players into hunting for otherworldly gems, hoping to seize their independence and break free from their small town’s lack of opportunity. I describe it as a tense and eerie descent into body horror, cosmic weirdness, and ego murder.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

JMBosch posted:

Itch.io is having its Summer Sale 2021 for a little over a week, with about 550 TTRPG products on sale.

You can get both of my one-shot horror adventures for 25% off each or 44% off in a bundle. While they're designed for Trophy Dark, both books contain all the rules you need to play.

Penumbra
is a sci-fi adventure in which burnt-out Sap drillers will struggle to cross a desolate asteroid and add a few final grains of sand to their colony planet's proverbial hourglass. It's a bleak and lonely exploration of whether to fight the end. Think Armageddon meets Annihilation or something like that.

The Pried Eye
is a psychedelic adventure in which the sudden appearance of something spectacular and indescribable in the backwoods of rural 20th-century America will lure the players into hunting for otherworldly gems, hoping to seize their independence and break free from their small town’s lack of opportunity. I describe it as a tense and eerie descent into body horror, cosmic weirdness, and ego murder.

These look like great pieces. To make certain, can I run these with a group who has never so much as heard of Trophy Dark?

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

PJOmega posted:

These look like great pieces. To make certain, can I run these with a group who has never so much as heard of Trophy Dark?

Thanks! Yep, all the rules you need are included in the books. Just be sure to get everyone on the same page in terms of expectations: Trophy Dark is largely a "play to lose" game where the characters are probably not going to survive or, if they do, will be irrevocably changed by their experiences. The players aren't forging the paths of epic heroes. They're telling a story together about how these greedy treasure hunters became enveloped in horror from both without and within. If you try to fight a monster face-to-face, you'll die, but you can distract it, slow it down, escape, etc. I like to think of it as a collaborative effort to tell the story of a horror movie where the characters are doomed. The system is rules light and puts a lot of focus on character development, so the players will often be asked a question about their character to flesh out their backgrounds, motivations, relationships, feelings, group dynamics, etc. It also allows for more collaborative efforts as players can make suggestions for character details or story beats themselves, which can be especially good when someone's character dies, keeping them invested in the story.

Other than that, for actually making sure the session goes as smoothly as it can, you should learn the different types of rolls (and keep a reference for them open), and just mostly teach the game as you play. Since there aren't many rules, it can be tempting to just front-load a full explanation at the start, but I recommend just teaching each type of roll as the opportunity for them comes up. And if you get both adventures, I'd recommend playing The Pried Eye first, since it's the more "standard" of the two.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
The streamlined-to-almost-the-point-of-poetry, post-apocalyptic, post-western RPG [BXLLET> is having a bundle sale where you get not only the game but also FIFTEEN supplements created for it during a game jam, all for 56% off!

Get it here: https://itch.io/b/964/bxllet-bxndle

Full disclosure: Naturally, I have a supplement in the bundle. But I only get like $2 per sale, and it's a good game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Can you explain what it is and what your supplement is?

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Golden Bee posted:

Can you explain what it is and what your supplement is?

Sure! [BXLLET> bills itself as "a game about systems of violence and power in a world rebuilding itself." Each player is a nomadic gunslinger type that seems to be nearing the end of their story in a new/weird west setting. The world is a mix of "The Wastes," populated with dangerous Beasts of various sorts, towns and communities trying to rebuild and grow, and remnants of labs, machines, and tech from the before-times. One of the few named antagonist NPCs in the base game is simply "Capitalist."

What makes the game particularly interesting is the main gunfight mechanics: If you have a loaded gun, point it at someone, and pull the trigger, they die. No ifs, ands, or buts. But bullets are fairly rare (each PC only starts with 1), and they also act as your experience/resource for your special abilities. Each character class has a secondary thing they can do by firing a bullet besides killing, like "bring a corpse back as a mindless husk" or "make a Beast of the Wastes vulnerable." (Beasts are much tougher than people and aren't automatically killed with a bullet.) Each class also gets a new ability as long as they hold 2, 5, 10, or 20 bullets on them. Trying to hurt someone without a bullet is easy, but trying to kill them without one is hard.

This instant lethality that hangs over the game makes a lot of interactions count for a lot more than they would in other games, and everyone can easily, and rightly, become concerned more with what the consequences or aftermath of killing someone will be rather than "how do we take this person down?" With a bullet, killing is easy, but it can make you incredibly vulnerable and completely alter your relationship with everyone around. It pushes the main consideration of combat to be "do I really want to do this?" in a way that's very fitting for a post-western game.

My supplement is ⁍⁍⁍⁍⁍TXN SOULS⁌⁌⁌⁌⁌, a collection of 10 NPC types written in the structure of the NPCs in the original game. NPCs have a paragraph of description and a series of qualities that you can choose to round them out. Each quality you add gives them more bullets, both making them more dangerous and painting a bigger target on their back for PCs looking to collect bullets. My NPCs are generic enough to be used in any western-themed game that has some more advanced tech sprinkled around but unique enough to be memorable and reusable with different quality choices.

The other supplements add tons of new classes, NPCs, communities, factions, a psychic powers system, and more.

JMBosch fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 12, 2021

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

JMBosch posted:

Sure! [BXLLET> bills itself as "a game about systems of violence and power in a world rebuilding itself." Each player is a nomadic gunslinger type that seems to be nearing the end of their story in a new/weird west setting. The world is a mix of "The Wastes," populated with dangerous Beasts of various sorts, towns and communities trying to rebuild and grow, and remnants of labs, machines, and tech from the before-times. One of the few named antagonist NPCs in the base game is simply "Capitalist."

What makes the game particularly interesting is the main gunfight mechanics: If you have a loaded gun, point it at someone, and pull the trigger, they die. No ifs, ands, or buts. But bullets are fairly rare (each PC only starts with 1), and they also act as your experience/resource for your special abilities. Each character class has a secondary thing they can do by firing a bullet besides killing, like "bring a corpse back as a mindless husk" or "make a Beast of the Wastes vulnerable." (Beasts are much tougher than people and aren't automatically killed with a bullet.) Each class also gets a new ability as long as they hold 2, 5, 10, or 20 bullets on them. Trying to hurt someone without a bullet is easy, but trying to kill them without one is hard.

This instant lethality that hangs over the game makes a lot of interactions count for a lot more than they would in other games, and everyone can easily, and rightly, become concerned more with what the consequences or aftermath of killing someone will be rather than "how do we take this person down?" With a bullet, killing is easy, but it can make you incredibly vulnerable and completely alter your relationship with everyone around. It pushes the main consideration of combat to be "do I really want to do this?" in a way that's very fitting for a post-western game.

My supplement is ⁍⁍⁍⁍⁍TXN SOULS⁌⁌⁌⁌⁌, a collection of 10 NPC types written in the structure of the NPCs in the original game. NPCs have a paragraph of description and a series of qualities that you can choose to round them out. Each quality you add gives them more bullets, both making them more dangerous and painting a bigger target on their back for PCs looking to collect bullets. My NPCs are generic enough to be used in any western-themed game that has some more advanced tech sprinkled around but unique enough to be memorable and reusable with different quality choices.

The other supplements add tons of new classes, NPCs, communities, factions, a psychic powers system, and more.

Thank you SO much for this description. I had never head of [BXLLET> before, and I just grabbed the bundle after reading this and looking through some of the supplements. This might be a breath of fresh air that my Pathfinder-obsessed group desperately needs.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Agrias120 posted:

Thank you SO much for this description. I had never head of [BXLLET> before, and I just grabbed the bundle after reading this and looking through some of the supplements. This might be a breath of fresh air that my Pathfinder-obsessed group desperately needs.

Awesome! I hope you all enjoy it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
The FRAGGED games are on Bundle of Holding right now. Anyone have any opinions on Empire, Kingdom, Aeternum? Reviews seem... sparse.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Memnaelar posted:

The FRAGGED games are on Bundle of Holding right now. Anyone have any opinions on Empire, Kingdom, Aeternum? Reviews seem... sparse.

4E D&D design philosophy of tactical combat but most of the weapons and powers are DIY or low flavor and require a lot of player buy-in to mechanics and flavoring to work. Slick game with a rules book that works amazingly for reference and not so great for teaching. Great game for tactical combat with real choices. Needs a lot of buy in from players and GM for mechanics.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

fr0id posted:

4E D&D design philosophy of tactical combat but most of the weapons and powers are DIY or low flavor and require a lot of player buy-in to mechanics and flavoring to work. Slick game with a rules book that works amazingly for reference and not so great for teaching. Great game for tactical combat with real choices. Needs a lot of buy in from players and GM for mechanics.

4E D&D design philosophy sounds great -- does it resolve faster in play? I LOVED 4E but also felt like it was a bit frustrating to have a single combat take hours potentially. I'd be totally down for a game that was just as rich in options, but somewhat faster/less granular turn-by-turn...

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Memnaelar posted:

4E D&D design philosophy sounds great -- does it resolve faster in play? I LOVED 4E but also felt like it was a bit frustrating to have a single combat take hours potentially. I'd be totally down for a game that was just as rich in options, but somewhat faster/less granular turn-by-turn...

That I don’t know. I only played low level. My players bounced off it because they wanted more story combat than tactical. From my recollection, thoughC a lot of the improvement involved numbers going up, or affordability of more numbers going up. You have a lot of leeway to mix and match and combo powers. But my gut tells me that you’ll spend a lot of time making equivalent NPCs and resolving their powers to account for higher level PCs.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
Itch.io is doing another Creator Day tomorrow, Friday the 23rd, where all revenue goes to the creators regardless of their profit share settings.

I'm sure many people will use the opportunity to put stuff on sale, such as myself.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Two nice bundles up now, one for Fate at Bundleofholding and one for 13th Age on HumbleBundle.

Fate bundle, base (9.95$):

quote:

Fate Core
Fate Accellerated
Fate Condensed
Fate Toolkits (System, Adversary, Horror, Space, and Accessibility)

Level-up (currently at 36.20$):

quote:

Fate of Cthulhu
45 Worlds of Adventure
Tachyon Squadron + 5 supplements
Worlds on Fire
Worlds in Shadow
Kaiju Incorporated
Shadow of the Century

13th Age on HumbleBundle (24$):

quote:

Core book
Bestiary 1 and 2
GM screen and Resource Book
Eye of the Stone Thief (as well as the 5e version)
Crown of Axis
Shadows of Eldolan
13 True ways
Book of Demons
Book of Ages
Book of Loot
Loot Harder
Dragon Empire map
Multiple map packs, character options, treasures and monsters bundle from 13th Age Monthly
25 dollars voucher on print products on Pelgrane store

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
$10 for all the toolkits is a pretty good buy if you care about Fate at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
RRD and UFO Press are doing free shipping to at least the UK and seemingly continental Europe (and maybe elsewhere, I haven't checked) from now until Monday, in case people wanted to pick up anything Spire/Heart/Legacy in print:

https://rowanrookanddecard.com/product-category/game-systems/
https://ufopress.co.uk/shop/