Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Tell me more about how we always have five :kheldragar:

Well if they ever want to make it a 5-man team, first red can come back as the space ranger and brings a coast guard ranger with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I keep wanting them to bring back Billy as an in-universe Bill Gates type dude who applied zordon tech to computers or whatever. He could be the mentor to a new tech team.

Of course, it's unlikely that he ever would do this for plot and IRL reasons, but it'd be cool. Alternatively I would accept Cam in this concept.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's terrible because if they went that route Dino Charge's Sentai Counterpart, Kyoryuger is basically perfectly set up for that style of character, especially Billy. All the mechs are dinosaurs again, they use batteries to power their weapons, and their wise mentor character even gets to turn into an actual ranger near the end of the series.

So expect Tommy to come back again is what you are saying?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Tommy's MMA 'background' would make him the perfect Akira/ToQ6 instead.

Whatever his new career is I sure hope it's something he couldn't have possibly mastered in the off screen years. Oh yeah I'm a race car driver and also went to dinosaur college and got a teaching position what about it?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I mean Zordon already had the grid and poo poo established ages ago, before Rita was even sealed to begin with right? So why would that exist if he didn't have rangers back then too?

have they ever declared a ranger as being Zordon's old battle form or something because that could be cool. I haven't seen any of the recent series so sorry if that's a dumbass question.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SpazmasterX posted:

JDF is a:

Seventh-degree Black Belt in karate
Muay Thai Master Instructor
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt

CM Punk is a TV wrestler.

Also he kicked a trex in the face, without powers.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

It is pretty similar but is sorely lacking in the Ayumi Kinoshita department.

The realest post.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 6, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

Chu Chu Chu Deka Deka

I am still amazed at how lazy they got with that song for the movie, holy poo poo. The episode song has like bilingual or at least katakana loan word rhymes and poo poo and then...literally "the movie version" as lyrics wtf.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Finally, now we don't have to hear "oh man a red ranger killed a dude" when it's really just some guy who played an extra kid in a single episode once or whatever that previous one the media kept over-blowing the actor role on.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 1, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You killed someone? Straighten up, or I'll get you kicked out of the power rangers.

Jesus didn't tap.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I didn't hate that fan thing. It's dumb but it's probably less dumb than an actual hollywood take on the concept would have been. I mean at least I got to see a power ranger cut people and blood came out!

The audio levels were pretty uneven and some of the dialog was awful but it's still about 90000% less embarrassing than watching an actual episode of Power Rangers*.

*because like, there's no retarded accent monster or intentionally obnoxious character or alpha 5

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SKY COQ posted:

Uh so

Everybody buy Chroma Squad on Steam. It is absolutely magical.

I don't wanna buy it until I think of a fun team idea.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

The game thinks japanese conventions have Mazinger Z and Big One statues at their front entrance.

Why the hell wouldn't they?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The turtles crossover was the only turtles tv show that WASN'T a cartoon.

Although, it does totally have the soundtrack of an awful cartoon.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cliff Racer posted:

It was actually a full series that they crossed over with, not just them making suits for a one-off event. Bear in mind though that this was relatively close to the release of the second turtles movie (couple years after, I think) so its not like live action turtles were an unheard of thing at the time.

Yeah I know, the sound effects I'm talking about are from the full on show. They are horrible and constant. It's like a soundboard of generic cartoon sound effects going off constantly and sometimes they play that little tune that plays when burning software finishes and it's loving weird.

It's a pretty bad show, don't watch it. It had pretty much exactly one good idea, which is squandered: Shredder was homeless after his defeat and the turtles wondered if they could forgive him / should help him for about 2 minutes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is it the Ayumi Kinoshita part of the thread cycle again? That's my favorite part.

Unironically this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Zyuranger helmets have lips so Green can play his knife-flute, this is not a difficult concept.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Big One is the best costume, both pre and post transformation.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

JT Smiley posted:

And unlike Magiranger he has an actual cape and not some tiny little towel dangling from his back.

He has also been enough different tokusatsu characters that he could be his own sentai team.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

There's a neat sequence in Gaoranger vs Super Sentai where it jumps from Big One to Colonel Miura to Aoranger in a split second.

I'll take any excuse to post this again

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is 6 months a normal amount of lost school time for having an abortion or what? That or maybe we are gearing up for Saban's loss.jpg

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Go back to hiring people with existing martial arts skills, worked out pretty well for them early on!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe they picked a whatever-lookin Red Ranger because the Cool Guy Team Leader Focus Of the Movie will be Green, which would not at all surprise me for a PR reboot.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Obviously he's planning a series of reboot films.

Saban's Masked Rider

Saban's Ninja Turtles

Saban's the one with the knights or whatever

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dragonzord is cool independent of Tommy, it's pretty much a bulkier Mecha Godzilla and it owns.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Big One!

I also really like Deka Yellow and Magi Green.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Here's a thing that's tangentially related to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw

Far too many humans in this trailer :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What, did they forget the metal pins in the dragonzord? My one from childhood is missing one of those so it's got a wobbly leg. I wonder if thy gave them a busted up old one with the pins missing to design around, haha.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if they somehow own Venus the Girl Turtle or if Nickelodeon had to take her too with the rest of the franchise.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If they make a really fuckin cool and or hilarious Zedd everything else will be worth it, probably.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So her clothes are real but I guess her makeup is magic at least.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My main complaint here is the inconsistencies. Red actually has white sections, but Black has grey ones and Blue has blue ones. The ladies apparently get chrome? Pick one, it's a uniform!

edit: In fact they should have done chrome on all of them and then the green ranger would have all the chrome areas in gold. see that was easy as gently caress, hire me, movie people.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 5, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Perfect.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Johnny Yong Bosch in Devon's Ghost and that one where he plays a ninja who likes pancakes so yeah sure I'd probably watch this too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MisterBibs posted:

It's better at conveying a "this poo poo ain't human tech" better than spandex ever could.

nothing says "not human technology" like body suits that perfectly fit the human body!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

You never heard of armor that forms around its host...?

Yeah sure I've seen Guyver. I guess this is just the standard scifi lazy route of "aliens are all humanoid".

Of course, Power Rangers does have weird things about it's version of space, like having breathable air and yeah almost exclusively? humanoid aliens so maybe that's just part of the setting, I guess.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Honey also has a giant robot of herself

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

Complete with references to BDSM?

...yes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

And to tie it back to Power Rangers, the toku tv series for Honey wasn't great either!

The actress playing Honey was kind of great though. Just so drat cheerful.

And yeah Re: kind of fuckin ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Green ranger is going to be Rita because that will be SO SHOCKING and SUCH A TWIST